July 14, 2020, 06:16:00 AM

Author Topic: Fulham v Everton  (Read 50658 times)

October 23, 2011, 09:30:18 PM
Reply #255

School of Science

Really good to see Rodders hit the back of the net,that will do his confidence the world of good,he was our stand out player today with Drenthe,great win much needed
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

October 23, 2011, 09:31:35 PM
Reply #256

Evertonexile

I actually think Saha was a different player because Moyes manned up and started Velios.  Amazing what some incentive and having to fight for your place does.

Hmmmm......

Didn't really think of that, but you're right. Saha bitched about not starting, and Moyes gave him what he wanted. Then he was shite, and Moyes did nothing. No reason to compete until now.
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

October 23, 2011, 09:32:28 PM
Reply #257

Alex

What formation / players were we playing at the end? And why was Vellios subbed?

I couldnt get a stream for the second half so watched United crumble.
United are going to have to retaliate now, we might be in for a hiding next week.

October 23, 2011, 09:33:47 PM
Reply #258

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
United are honestly going to be mentally fucked unless they can do something nuts. Imagine us in the Derby. Liverpool fans consider it an upset when we win, but it's been on and off for years...... they expect that it's always a possibility.

Man United have always considered themselves godlike to Citeh. 6-1 isn't something you get over quick.

I think that's a pretty naive view to be honest.  There's every chance that they could get fired up and bounce back and give us a pasting.  How often have United done that over the years? Admittedly not after such an embarrassing defeat but still they have a track record of recovering in style from setbacks.

October 23, 2011, 09:35:18 PM
Reply #259

charlatan

I think that's a pretty naive view to be honest.  There's every chance that they could get fired up and bounce back and give us a pasting.

I would guarantee it.  Wouldn't wanna be in their dressing room with Fergie after that display today.

October 23, 2011, 09:42:16 PM
Reply #260

pjk

NSNO Subscriber
Citys results in the prem since our 2-0 defeat, have been massive. But for Drenthe's mistake 1-0 looks like a good performance against this man city machine.
As Tacitus said: "To plunder, butcher, steal, these things they misname empire: they make a desolation and they call it peace."

October 23, 2011, 09:42:43 PM
Reply #261

American Evertonian

Poor performance but the kind of morale boosting late win that *could* kickstart our season. 

Next week is huge now.  Can we take it to a shellshocked United, or will they take out today on us?

I think we need to realize that Moyes will play this game with his typical sit back and hope for a draw mindset. Although I'd rather us go for it and lose by five then sit back and lose by 1 on a horribly boring game.
Are we there yet?

October 23, 2011, 09:43:32 PM
Reply #262

Paul.

I actually think Saha was a different player because Moyes manned up and started Velios.  Amazing what some incentive and having to fight for your place does.

can't agree with that. you can't turn it on and off like a tap. Saha has always had someone to play off of at any club he's been at. to me, he just looks a different player when playing lone striker. he needs a partner, it's obvious.
Who lit the fuse on your tampon ?

October 23, 2011, 09:46:44 PM
Reply #263

charlatan

can't agree with that. you can't turn it on and off like a tap. Saha has always had someone to play off of at any club he's been at. to me, he just looks a different player when playing lone striker. he needs a partner, it's obvious.

Agreed.  The only striker we have had that has been comfortable on his own has been Marcus Bent and to a degree Yak when he first came.  We've had Beattie, Johnson, Saha, Beckford etc etc.  that Moyes has tried to make play up top on their own, and it just doesn't work.

October 23, 2011, 09:47:58 PM
Reply #264

the roy vernon plan

We all got big time lucky today. That team just lacked class.

Rodwell and Drenthe stand out performances.

Fellani good in parts but awful body language at other times

EFC just cannot start a game with Hibbert,Neville and Osman all playing.

October 23, 2011, 09:52:18 PM
Reply #265

Surreyblue

Was just about to say: How often is Hibbo going to be caught out at right back? He's getting drawn into the centre far to often for my liking. Still like to see him score sometime soon though!
Please, put someone on the posts for corners!

October 23, 2011, 09:55:15 PM
Reply #266

Tinga

Amazing that I took Rodwell oit my team  lolol :thumbsup: ah well.

October 23, 2011, 09:56:02 PM
Reply #267

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

I thought he played up top on his own for Fulham?  Didn't he play on his own when he destroyed Blackpool for us?

October 23, 2011, 10:00:02 PM
Reply #268

coloradoblue

I thought he played up top on his own for Fulham?  Didn't he play on his own when he destroyed Blackpool for us?

No mate...Beckford played alongside him didn't he? Could be wrong. Perhaps Beckford came on as 2nd half sub but recall them combining well in 2nd half.

October 23, 2011, 10:02:43 PM
Reply #269

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
No mate...Beckford played alongside him didn't he? Could be wrong. Perhaps Beckford came on as 2nd half sub but recall them combining well in 2nd half.

Aye, don't know why I am arguing the point tbh, he isn't a striker who should be playing up top on his own.