November 21, 2017, 09:57:08 PM

Author Topic: "The little boy from holland"  (Read 2742 times)

October 24, 2011, 02:49:41 AM
Read 2742 times

blueski

is what Jol called him in his post match interview - seems a negative comment to me

immense goal - after scoring he ran to the sidelines to celebrate but couldn't see - who did he celebrate with?
Nil Satis

deCoubertin

October 24, 2011, 02:51:34 AM
Reply #1

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Looked like Cahill to me....... not sure tho

Hopefully get a better look later on footy first

Simply simply lovely

October 24, 2011, 03:06:24 AM
Reply #2

Ridge

I didn't think Rodwell got pulled off?

October 24, 2011, 03:09:07 AM
Reply #3

nomorechang

RIP
I didn't think Rodwell got pulled off?

Why was Faddy there ? ....... lolol :shock:
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

October 24, 2011, 03:44:27 AM
Reply #4

blueski

Looks as if Rodwell is being Eiffel towered by fellaini and drenthe
Nil Satis

October 24, 2011, 04:59:44 AM
Reply #5

DannyR

How camp does Fellaini look there please.
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

October 24, 2011, 09:12:59 PM
Reply #6

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
is what Jol called him in his post match interview - seems a negative comment to me
immense goal - after scoring he ran to the sidelines to celebrate but couldn't see - who did he celebrate with?
 Celebrated with Johnny - claims he has been like a father to him since arriving at Everton - yet another reason to put Johnny in the side .. still can't figure out why we can't have a ballplaying CB    http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2011/10/24/more-to-come-from-royston   
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:16:12 PM by Polledreng »

October 25, 2011, 01:28:49 AM
Reply #7

CarlosAlberto

Starting Velios and Drenthe was a move in the right direction from Moyes. Would love to see Heitinga given a run at CB though.

October 25, 2011, 05:55:11 AM
Reply #8

American Evertonian

Starting Velios and Drenthe was a move in the right direction from Moyes. Would love to see Heitinga given a run at CB though.

If we start Velios we really need to play Saha with him as well. Saha is superb when he has someone to play off of. Velios could hold then line and let Saha roam freely behind him.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

October 25, 2011, 06:07:09 AM
Reply #9

Gray90

If we start Velios we really need to play Saha with him as well. Saha is superb when he has someone to play off of. Velios could hold then line and let Saha roam freely behind him.

Totally agree mate, thats why him and Cahill don't work as a pair, they both occupy the same space.

October 25, 2011, 05:00:40 PM
Reply #10

Major Clanger

Totally agree mate, thats why him and Cahill don't work as a pair, they both occupy the same space.

The bench.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

October 25, 2011, 06:28:02 PM
Reply #11

fast lane

I guess you can take it two ways.
I don't think Martin Jol has any reason for it to have a derogatory meaning, other than him being irked to being behind in the game.

In Dutch it can have a more familiar meaning, as in friendly.
This is probably more what he meant, and it somehow getting lost in translation.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)