November 24, 2017, 02:36:21 AM

Author Topic: 17th position  (Read 6739 times)

November 07, 2011, 12:56:06 AM
Reply #60

kunal32

I can just as easily say what about when Vellios comes into his own and him and Drenthe create a Ronaldo-Rooney partnership and we win the league?

stupid fucking argument, you have no idea what the future holds

So hold on, if I have no idea of what the future holds but you do? lol. Based on what? past seasons? you do realise the club is stripping it's playing assets year after year? The players being replaced aren't adequate replacements or better than those departed. Where are Cahills goals this time around??? Baines assists?? Beckfords goals??? contributing factors to the downfall i'm afraid. The only way it will change is if Moyes gets some/all money to spend in Jan to buy some decent forwards. Unless that happens then the "current" squad won't turn these recent results around - in my opinion!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 12:58:22 AM by indiantoffee75 »

deCoubertin

November 07, 2011, 01:18:15 AM
Reply #61

Bluenosebolt

Although I agree Moyes tactics have seemed negative for ages now but I believe the players must take the brunt of our poor season so far. We came fourth a few years ago and have managed top ten finishes year in year out, Well that must prove that whatever Moyes has done / is doing cant be all bad. Jags, Saha, Cahill, Osman, Coleman, Billy...and the fuckin rest have looked shit all season, Someone needs to show them how to pass a ball, It has been woefully embarrasing to watch the ball being continually hoofed up field only for the opposition to counter and score week in week out. I would also like to see some stats sometime on goal scorers against, seems really strange that alot of goals seem to come from really unlikely sources, e.g...Carrol, Milner, Sagner (last season) we really do seem extremely unlucky in that sense. Anyway a lack of funds hasnt seemed to hinder Newcastle...they sold all the so called bests last season yet are ripping it up so far. I do however think we will be ok come the end of the season...and one minor plus is ....its never boring being an everton supporter.
I don't believe you could manage all my jelly

November 07, 2011, 01:36:54 AM
Reply #62

Amata

It's not Moyes' fault that we are stretched and skint but he is to blame for the predictable, one dimensional "football" we play and the tactics/mentality of the team.  I look at the likes of Swansea, Fulham, Norwich, QPR and even Wigan who all have worse players than ours yet can get the ball on the floor, pass it around, have good movement and create chances. 
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind

November 07, 2011, 01:45:22 AM
Reply #63

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
It's not Moyes' fault that we are stretched and skint but he is to blame for the predictable, one dimensional "football" we play and the tactics/mentality of the team.  I look at the likes of Swansea, Fulham, Norwich, QPR and even Wigan who all have worse players than ours yet can get the ball on the floor, pass it around, have good movement and create chances. 

We'll see how long Swansea and Norwich play like this. Promoted teams tend to play decent stuff as they are full of confidence.

As for Wigan and Fulham they really don't play any more football than we do.

I'd like to see us play better football, but we clearly did do that when we had better players.

November 07, 2011, 01:46:17 AM
Reply #64

Optimistic Blue

So hold on, if I have no idea of what the future holds but you do?

no i didnt say i did i? where did i say it? that was the exact point im trying to make.

lol. Based on what? past seasons? you do realise the club is stripping it's playing assets year after year? The players being replaced aren't adequate replacements or better than those departed. Where are Cahills goals this time around??? Baines assists?? Beckfords goals??? contributing factors to the downfall i'm afraid. The only way it will change is if Moyes gets some/all money to spend in Jan to buy some decent forwards. Unless that happens then the "current" squad won't turn these recent results around - in my opinion!

"Rooneys gone, weve bought in a division 1 player and an average prem player...were going down"
"Weve spend 15mil on a player we didnt need, no way were gonna get to europe this season let alone a cup final"
"Gravesens the heart beat of our midfield, with him gone theres no way we can finish 4th"
"We missed out on parker and emre we wont finish top half"

i could go on and on Moyes gets the best out of players, he has dragged us out the shit time and time again, Drenthe is looking like a cracking buy, Vellios is also coming through and looking a top talent, Rodwells done well this season, the rest of the team just need to get in that winning zonem the talents there, just the form is lacking, and theres no better man for the jon IN THE WORLD, than Moyes to do so
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

November 07, 2011, 02:51:07 AM
Reply #65

cantoffee

Don't Norwich have the highest percentage of long passes in the league this season?

I think this perception of poorer teams that us playing the ball on the floor more than us is quite simply wrong, the expectations are lower and when they put a good move together people imagine that they play really amazing football.

November 07, 2011, 02:57:28 AM
Reply #66

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Don't Norwich have the highest percentage of long passes in the league this season?

I think this perception of poorer teams that us playing the ball on the floor more than us is quite simply wrong, the expectations are lower and when they put a good move together people imagine that they play really amazing football.

I think it also stems from the fact that it's very different watching EFC play in terms of spotting all the little mistakes, misplaced passes, long balls  etc. compared to casually watching some of these other clubs a couple of times live on TV, and a few times on MOTD.  You don't watch a team like Norwich so closely, and not with the same critical eye and it tends to give a very unbalanced view which is entirely understandable.

I think we actually play some fairly neat football, the problem we have is the lack of a cutting edge where it matters.  We retain the ball ok in general and I'd imagine that our possession stats will probably back that up, it's the ability to turn that in to chances and then goals which is killing us.  That and chucking away at least 1 daft goal a game.

November 07, 2011, 03:07:43 AM
Reply #67

School of Science

Perhaps when hes given a reasonable budget and a fair judgement can be made?

But he's not going to get a reasonable budget with our current owners in charge is he ?
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

November 07, 2011, 03:23:10 AM
Reply #68

kunal32

"We hear this every year, and then Moyes proves everyone wrong once again" - you are here making the assumption that he will turn it around therefore you are suggesting you know what the future holds?

Just to reiterate what you stated  previously -"stupid fucking argument, you have no idea what the future holds"

November 07, 2011, 03:23:41 AM
Reply #69

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
But he's not going to get a reasonable budget with our current owners in charge is he ?

Which makes it very difficult to judge how culpable he is no?

November 07, 2011, 03:25:41 AM
Reply #70

arteta4spain

I think it also stems from the fact that it's very different watching EFC play in terms of spotting all the little mistakes, misplaced passes, long balls  etc. compared to casually watching some of these other clubs a couple of times live on TV, and a few times on MOTD.  You don't watch a team like Norwich so closely, and not with the same critical eye and it tends to give a very unbalanced view which is entirely understandable.

I think we actually play some fairly neat football, the problem we have is the lack of a cutting edge where it matters.  We retain the ball ok in general and I'd imagine that our possession stats will probably back that up, it's the ability to turn that in to chances and then goals which is killing us.  That and chucking away at least 1 daft goal a game.
Deffo, the final third, not just the lack of strikers is the issue. The creativity has gone, although could the result have been different if felli was playin on sat? Moyes needs ot stop with, "Neville needs to play, lets shove him in midfield". Leave him out if hibbos been decent at rb. Steve round needs to go. Moyes needs someone who will possibly challenge his decisions and give him another angle/option. He's getting tunnel vision and i wouldnt be surprised if Steve Round is just a yes man. Im not blaming Round for our current form, but he needs to take some responsibilty too.  

November 07, 2011, 03:56:10 AM
Reply #71

bedfordtoffee

trolls trollin' trolls

if we don't win these we will be down by xmas... fact
Bedfordblueboy

November 07, 2011, 05:28:56 AM
Reply #72

School of Science

Which makes it very difficult to judge how culpable he is no?

Who Moyes ? Okay he's made mistakes this year,but I seem to remember him doing okay with a bit of money behind him,remember when we sold to buy, last two years we've sold to pay back the bank.When Moyes was buying players we were the best of the rest,2 fifth place finishes FA Cup final,League cup semi final.Tell me the truth do you think Alex Ferguson could do what he does with a zero transfer budget,and STILL have to sell players so the bank wont kill us ?As I have said I know who I blame.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

November 07, 2011, 05:35:41 AM
Reply #73

sharpattack

PMSL at people criticising Moyes. Best manager in the league with the resources he has.
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

November 07, 2011, 05:38:52 AM
Reply #74

bluestevie

if we don't win these we will be down by xmas... fact

league ends in may numbnuts
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson