Author Topic: Ossie  (Read 4634 times)

December 16, 2009, 10:56:26 PM
Read 4634 times

nomorechang

RIP
Moyes has just said Ossie is starting against Bate ..... on SSN
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

deCoubertin

December 16, 2009, 11:00:21 PM
Reply #1

cantoffee

Good news, he'll probably be in central midfield, at least I hope he is as I'd like to see Baxter given a run out on the right.

December 16, 2009, 11:02:54 PM
Reply #2

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

Ive treid so so hard to be a fan of his but i just cant. I see what he brings to the side and from the ankle down he is one of the most gifted at the club.

But all in all im glad he is back. He work rate is impressive and his eye for a pass too, he just lacks pace and strength

December 16, 2009, 11:17:58 PM
Reply #3

Murf666

This is good news.  We need more bodies for the hectic Christmas schedule.
There's nobody better than Murf667, she's the best little Evertonian I know!
As for you, Murf 668, your Everton shirt can hardly wait.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.  Checkmate!

December 17, 2009, 01:08:01 AM
Reply #4

sharpattack

This is good news.  We need more bodies for the hectic Christmas schedule.
Not if those bodies are of the calibre of Osman. Prefer to see Neville back first
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

December 17, 2009, 01:34:18 AM
Reply #5

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Of course it's good news to have Ossie back. To suggest otherwise is just daft.

While the midfield looks strong at the moment, people forget that we've only got those 5 midfielders. With Ossie coming back it at least gives us the opportunity to change things in games.

He'll be on the bench to begin with in the league, but he should be ok as a sub as coming on with fresh legs will reduce some of the physical disadvantages that he has when he starts games.

December 17, 2009, 02:00:05 AM
Reply #6

Mahoney

I agree with the majority....good to see him back. I think we miss players like Ossie more than we think sometimes!
It's getting pretty serious.

December 17, 2009, 02:02:44 AM
Reply #7

Gash

Global Moderator
Good news as far as I'm concerned. I've never been a massive Ossie fan but he brings alot, both on the pitch and in the dressing room. He'll run until he drops, and will lead by example.

December 17, 2009, 02:05:03 AM
Reply #8

toffee_scot

A good match for him to get his fitness back, however, I just hope that he can get through the game without injuring himself, unlike Yobo and Distin 2 weeks ago.

December 17, 2009, 02:10:55 AM
Reply #9

bedfordtoffee

OSsie is pure class, I am so happy he is back. Plus another body.
Bedfordblueboy

December 17, 2009, 02:12:33 AM
Reply #10

Toffee_for_life

When was the last time Ossie had a bad game IN EUROPE? (as I'm type this question I remember the AEK home game he was pretty dreadful but thats not the point  ;) )

The play suits him much more and more often than not he's one of our better players.

December 17, 2009, 02:29:34 AM
Reply #11

Sharky

Leon! Leon! Leon! Leon! Leon!

Good to have another midfielder back

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

December 17, 2009, 03:54:12 AM
Reply #12

Thom

Administrator
Glad to see him back. I'm a big fan of his, and he'll have to dominate that midfield tomorrow with all those youngsters around him.

December 17, 2009, 03:56:58 AM
Reply #13

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Not if those bodies are of the calibre of Osman. Prefer to see Neville back first

Good thinking, let's break his ankle, then Neville will surely be back before osman.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 17, 2009, 04:34:15 AM
Reply #14

Endless, Nameless

It shows how bad things are when I'm over the moon to have Osman back. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player, but in a full strength team he makes the bench at best for me.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.