November 19, 2017, 03:02:02 PM

Author Topic: Ossie  (Read 4630 times)

December 17, 2009, 05:44:22 AM
Reply #15

huck

The more the merrier! I know it's hopeful dreaming but if it plays well we could have all our injured players helping us storm the second half of the season. Most other teams players wont have the freshness we do.
Le Berry

deCoubertin

December 17, 2009, 09:46:45 PM
Reply #16

top flight for a long time

He's got quick feet, a quick football brain and eye for a pass and can pop up with the odd goal (usually quite good ones too) so I think all that outweighs the fact he's a bit small and lightweight.
We're forever Everton....

December 17, 2009, 09:51:55 PM
Reply #17

MmmBlueRamirez

I bet hes overjoyed to be playing in his favoured position in the middle, assuming baxter plays wide right.

Ossie is bes as a central atacking midfielder. We played him there once last season and he score a brace (if I remember rightly) and put in a true MOM performance.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 17, 2009, 10:13:36 PM
Reply #18

Murf666

I bet hes overjoyed to be playing in his favoured position in the middle, assuming baxter plays wide right.

Ossie is bes as a central atacking midfielder. We played him there once last season and he score a brace (if I remember rightly) and put in a true MOM performance.

Absolutely agree.  He struggles out on the right as he isn't quick enough.

Not if those bodies are of the calibre of Osman. Prefer to see Neville back first

Behave yourself!  I would like to see Neville back too, but Osman being available will definately improve our options.
There's nobody better than Murf667, she's the best little Evertonian I know!
As for you, Murf 668, your Everton shirt can hardly wait.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.  Checkmate!

December 17, 2009, 11:10:31 PM
Reply #19

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Good to see him back, his role should for Everton should be in the middle (as a sub if need be) but never out wide. The problem for him is we have a fair number of players whose preference is in the middle too so he'll need to get back to his best.

Looking forward to seeing how he does tonight (I presume in that role).

December 17, 2009, 11:39:27 PM
Reply #20

fast lane

He's got quick feet, a quick football brain and eye for a pass and can pop up with the odd goal (usually quite good ones too) so I think all that outweighs the fact he's a bit small and lightweight.

Agree, plus he's usually pretty good in European games.
I'm sure we can all remember that great goal against Larissa with the Steven Pienaar step-over.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

December 18, 2009, 04:17:05 AM
Reply #21

toffee_scot

Considering he's been out for a while with injury, Osman put in a decent shift. Hopefully in the games to come he will be the architect for more attacking opportunities.

December 18, 2009, 04:45:57 AM
Reply #22

Thom

Administrator
He was on the periphery of the game after that through ball to Agard late in the first half, but that's to be expected after two months out injured. He got 80 minutes under his belt so that'll do him the world of good, and he'll no doubt be on the bench on Sunday.

December 18, 2009, 04:49:37 AM
Reply #23

huck

A good honest shift from Ossie dusting off some of the injury cobwebs. Do us good for the league.
Le Berry

December 18, 2009, 05:34:39 PM
Reply #24

.Rimbo.

A good shift it was, but let's be honest, you couldn't tell the difference between him and the young debutants.