November 22, 2017, 03:25:30 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Wolves  (Read 26243 times)

November 19, 2011, 09:03:59 AM
Reply #45

blueski

we should be able to handle these, looking forward to the match, too much negativity and not enough everton football lately
Nil Satis

November 19, 2011, 03:52:29 PM
Reply #46

Derek

Well, once 3pm comes it'll only be about the footy, mate.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

November 19, 2011, 05:08:55 PM
Reply #47

Rhys

Does anyone agree that drenthe plays better on the right wing and cutting in?

Miles better. The only reason we should be considering playing him on the left is because we dont have anyone else who can play well there.

Hard team selection. Coleman has been awful for a long time apart from a few sub appearances, but if he doesnt play the options are Bily who has been even worse or Ossie who has never been brilliant on the wing. Cahill is in awful form and never really seems to get it going with Saha.

Id probably go for Ossie on the left and Drenthe on the right today though and give Cahill and Saha another go.

November 19, 2011, 05:30:25 PM
Reply #48

sam of the south

I wonder if Gueye will get on the bench? It won't happen, but I would love to see Gueye on the left, in front of Baines, and Drenthe on the right, in front of Coleman. Seamus will only become the wing back we all hope he can be, if he gets game time there. We should have enough for Wolves to be able to experiment. I would also go with Vellios up top with Saha, although this will definitely not happen. I'm predicting a tight 2-0 to us.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 19, 2011, 06:07:41 PM
Reply #49

DrGreenThumb

I wonder if Gueye will get on the bench? It won't happen, but I would love to see Gueye on the left, in front of Baines, and Drenthe on the right, in front of Coleman. Seamus will only become the wing back we all hope he can be, if he gets game time there. We should have enough for Wolves to be able to experiment. I would also go with Vellios up top with Saha, although this will definitely not happen. I'm predicting a tight 2-0 to us.
This........
About time he started playing in his natural position,he is not a midfielder . He is best when picking the ball up from deep
and running with the ball with space in front of him.

November 19, 2011, 06:23:12 PM
Reply #50

JoeHart

2 up front please moyes,
dont kill our football souls with 4-5-1 negative crap.

Everton forever

November 19, 2011, 06:31:39 PM
Reply #51

sam of the south

This........
About time he started playing in his natural position,he is not a midfielder . He is best when picking the ball up from deep
and running with the ball with space in front of him.
Exactly. Running from deep, with his pace, would allow him to be harder to pick-up and also to build up acceleration and momentum before receiving the ball.

November 19, 2011, 07:38:04 PM
Reply #52

Thom

Administrator
Radio City seem to think Distin, Neville and Rodwell will all be missing today.

November 19, 2011, 07:40:51 PM
Reply #53

sam of the south

Will really miss Distin. That was proved against Newcastle.

November 19, 2011, 07:59:45 PM
Reply #54

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber

Judging from his tweets I'd say Neville is at least in the squad today
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

November 19, 2011, 08:07:32 PM
Reply #55

Thom

Administrator
Everton starting XI: Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Heitinga, Baines, Fellaini, Osman, Cahill, Drenthe, Coleman, Saha.

Bench: Mucha, Mustafi, Gueye, Bily, Vellios, Barkley, Stracqualursi.

November 19, 2011, 08:09:28 PM
Reply #56

American Evertonian

Dammit Moyes. Saha needs a strike partner. Not someone to sit behind him who is out of form.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

November 19, 2011, 08:11:29 PM
Reply #57

American Evertonian

At least Barkley made the bench. I was hoping to see Bily sitting in the CAM role if anyone was today.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

November 19, 2011, 08:14:37 PM
Reply #58

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
It's not a terrible lineup considering the injuries although we need Osman to have a much better game than he has of late.

November 19, 2011, 08:14:55 PM
Reply #59

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Everton starting XI: Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Heitinga, Baines, Fellaini, Osman, Cahill, Drenthe, Coleman, Saha.

Bench: Mucha, Mustafi, Gueye, Bily, Vellios, Barkley, Stracqualursi.

Pretty much as expected given the absentees. Osman centre mid will be interesting, hopefully he can find some form there as he's been pretty poor out wide recently.

Hopefully will be set up nicely to give Vellios and Gueye some decent time on the pitch later on.