November 23, 2017, 08:52:20 PM

Author Topic: [News]Billy wants to see passing game  (Read 1778 times)

December 16, 2009, 11:52:26 PM
Read 1778 times

NewsBot

Billy wants to see passing game

Diniyar Bilyaletdinov wants to see Everton play a more passing style of football

http://www.nsno.co.uk/news.php?item.5487.86

deCoubertin

December 16, 2009, 11:55:44 PM
Reply #1

cantoffee

I really like this lad's attitude, both concerning football and in general, seems like a really nice guy.

December 16, 2009, 11:57:31 PM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We all would like to see passing football from Everton. Sadly, apart from a couple of months last year, we've had to put up with hoof ball the past 20 years.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

December 16, 2009, 11:59:58 PM
Reply #3

brazilian_blue4life

We desperatly need Arteta back for that to happen.. wich wont happen soon it seems.

December 17, 2009, 12:03:51 AM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
So Pienaar, Fellaini, Rodwell, Bilya, Saha, Yakubu, Jo, Heitinga, Baines etc are all incapable of passing. It's only when Arteta comes back it will happen?
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

December 17, 2009, 12:48:51 AM
Reply #5

slothzen

There seems to be some conflicting ideas on the pitch.  If you notice, I think even Pienaar seconds guesses himself when thinking about making a creative pass or through ball.  If you've got time to think on it, then you may as well just give the opposition the ball.  I think it's tactical instruction.  I think these subtle conflicts exist in the squad in the tempo area too.

We are a defensive team, and so I think that the defense has a lot of time on the ball, but they've been instructed to hoof it or have Baines run it.  Even Rodwell and Fellaini seems to have been discouraged from making a creative pass.  Our center forwards need to have the confidence to pass upfield to our midfielders.  That would be the bonus of having Heitinga play permanently in that roll, the guy can run and pass a bit as a defender.

I loved the bit of passing game that I have seen from us in the past 2-3 games.  It has seen us seem dangerous, there's no reason not to try it some more.  At least against teams outside the 4.

December 17, 2009, 01:23:02 AM
Reply #6

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
So Pienaar, Fellaini, Rodwell, Bilya, Saha, Yakubu, Jo, Heitinga, Baines etc are all incapable of passing. It's only when Arteta comes back it will happen?

They are all capable of passing the ball.

It only seems like we can only pass it when Arteta is there because we haven't had any form since he's been injured.

I think that if we pick some confidence we'll be passing it well before Arteta comes back.

Although, despite all that it's not unfair to cite Arteta as an important player. While many players may have technical ability, they may not necessarily want to be the player that starts all the moves.

Most foreign teams all can pass the ball, but the majority of them still have 1 main player who gets on the ball and makes them play.