November 19, 2017, 03:03:52 PM

Author Topic: Liverpool V Everton  (Read 51670 times)

February 02, 2010, 04:04:45 AM
Reply #30

Always a Toffeeman

i like to see this team but it wont happen

Howard

Heitinga
Distin
Baines
Hibbert

Neville
Fellaini
Pienaar
Arteta

Cahill
Saha

Osman and Donavon can come on

no way this team should play, everyone is entitled to their opinion but moving neville to midfield will only disrupt felliani and the team, plus we still have a makeshift defense, and neville seems to tighten this up, donovan will also keep insua back which is what we need to do. same team as v wigan for me
 #formerly efc for life

February 02, 2010, 05:09:03 AM
Reply #31

MexicanToffee

My only worry is Senderos. He looked so slow on Saturday. Don't see the point in changing the midfield, it's been working well and we have plenty of options on the bench with Arteta (hopefully), Billy and Rodwell. Saha up front with Cahill somewhere behind.
“He loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.”

February 02, 2010, 05:12:56 AM
Reply #32

Endless, Nameless

I'd be worried with Senderos against the RS simply because he's out of practice. He did well on saturday, but even Jason Scotland did slip by a few times. I'd much rather have the more experienced and cautious Distin for these hard games...
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 02, 2010, 05:17:53 AM
Reply #33

Gash

Global Moderator
Not to worried about Senderos on Saturday. He's been injured most of the season, and isn't match sharp yet. Having said that he played last week, and has had a full weeks training now. So should be getting sharper.

Besides, Liverpool have no one really in attack that should worry Senderos.

February 02, 2010, 06:09:55 AM
Reply #34

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Put Senderos on Kuyt and Heitinga on Gerrard, we'll have 'em!
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 02, 2010, 05:49:16 PM
Reply #35

ToxtethBlue

I'd probably go with Distin for this one, he's the only player who can keep up with Gerrard if the Liverpool man runs in behind our defence, something he's very capable of. I'm not sure Senderos or Heitinga would be able to handle that, and we'd end up playing a very deep defensive line.

I think we have the players capable of going there and seeing alot of the ball, Liverpool don't dominate possession anywhere near as much as they used to, they don't have an outlet infront of the back four. But I'd be a little worried about Osman in this game, Derby's don't really suit him, although saying that he's always played in a wide position in these games.

I'd think about using Pienaar in the middle and bringing Anichebe into the side as a right winger, I think he could have alot of joy against Insua, just like he did against Aurelio last season. It'd also give us more physical presence, something I think Moyes will be worried about. He always tries to make the side as big and as powerful as possible, as does Benitez.

ToxtethBlue

February 02, 2010, 06:34:04 PM
Reply #36

Derek

Nice ideas. I'd definitely agree with the Anichebe thing, it's a bit unexpected and could pressure them quite a bit.

I think Donovan could really put in a performance and I have no doubt Johnny H will be relishing it. Cahill to keep scoring, Fellaini to look better than anything they have in midfield (he spins the ball away from Gerrard and I'm getting his face tattooed on my chest!) and Peanuts to be the most creative player on the pitch.

AND hopefully Hibbo is still in Thailand. ;) Kiddin.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

February 02, 2010, 08:37:32 PM
Reply #37

Fellainis Hairdresser

2-0,

saha cahill EASYY!!!
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

February 02, 2010, 09:50:08 PM
Reply #38

blueblood1988

I'd probably go with Distin for this one, he's the only player who can keep up with Gerrard if the Liverpool man runs in behind our defence, something he's very capable of. I'm not sure Senderos or Heitinga would be able to handle that, and we'd end up playing a very deep defensive line.

I think we have the players capable of going there and seeing alot of the ball, Liverpool don't dominate possession anywhere near as much as they used to, they don't have an outlet infront of the back four. But I'd be a little worried about Osman in this game, Derby's don't really suit him, although saying that he's always played in a wide position in these games.

I'd think about using Pienaar in the middle and bringing Anichebe into the side as a right winger, I think he could have alot of joy against Insua, just like he did against Aurelio last season. It'd also give us more physical presence, something I think Moyes will be worried about. He always tries to make the side as big and as powerful as possible, as does Benitez.

very intelligent post

agree with the anichebe thing, depending on his fitness might be a good one. when he gets tired we could bring on donavon who seems quite lightweight altho i do really like him

Anichebe Osman Fellaini Pienaar
                      Cahill
?

Let anichebe ruin insua for the first hour, let let donavon finish him off!

If we go up we could possibly bring rodwell on for osman?

February 02, 2010, 09:51:13 PM
Reply #39

blueblood1988

oh yeah and distin all day long for me

February 02, 2010, 09:56:29 PM
Reply #40

Always a Toffeeman

if donovan scores the winner, will that change anyones views of whether or not he deserves the number 9 jersey, and he shouldnt be dropped for this game. dont change the players in form
 #formerly efc for life

February 02, 2010, 09:58:04 PM
Reply #41

Dr. Sponge

I'm looking forward to seeing Fellaini battle with Gerrard.

February 03, 2010, 12:20:27 AM
Reply #42

fortune9

i would have liked to see 'tinga to play DM an just focus of fuckin up gerrard. wud you try senderos an distin in the center?
Those that dont know do not matter!

February 03, 2010, 12:33:53 AM
Reply #43

blueblood1988

i would have liked to see 'tinga to play DM an just focus of fuckin up gerrard. wud you try senderos an distin in the center?

seems a bit dodge that!

thats why i suggested we put someone else alongside fellani, neville or heitinga would be perfect but then it leaves the defence a bit fragile, wish jags was back so, heitinga could "fuck gerrard up" like he did so well at the goodison park

February 03, 2010, 12:49:18 AM
Reply #44

Pienaar's 6th dreadlock from the right

I agree but I'd have Donovan running his legs off for 60 and then bring on Vic for the last 30. It'll be like Insua will struggle then Donovan comes off and Anichebe come on to have a go at him again, a double blow if you know what I mean.
     Why change the team because we've been playing so well?