September 23, 2019, 08:46:08 PM

Author Topic: Liverpool V Everton  (Read 66499 times)

January 31, 2010, 06:34:05 PM
Read 66499 times

Pienaar's 6th dreadlock from the right

Howard
Neville  Senderos   Heitinga     Baines

Donovan   Ossie  Curly haired monster  Pienaar

Cahill
                          Saha

Bench: Nash, Duffy/Distin, Rodwell, Arteta, Anichebe, Vaughan, Baxter

2-1   Gerrard - Cahill - Osman

Is the Yak back yet btw?

February 01, 2010, 12:04:37 AM
Reply #1

No Bily on the bench?

I think the Yak will be back by then.

Totally forgot about him and Coleman  :bonk: good news that Yak's back hehe it rhymes

February 01, 2010, 11:29:27 PM
Reply #2

Is gerrard injured at the mo?

No he's back unfortunately :(

February 03, 2010, 12:49:18 AM
Reply #3

I'd probably go with Distin for this one, he's the only player who can keep up with Gerrard if the Liverpool man runs in behind our defence, something he's very capable of. I'm not sure Senderos or Heitinga would be able to handle that, and we'd end up playing a very deep defensive line.

I think we have the players capable of going there and seeing alot of the ball, Liverpool don't dominate possession anywhere near as much as they used to, they don't have an outlet infront of the back four. But I'd be a little worried about Osman in this game, Derby's don't really suit him, although saying that he's always played in a wide position in these games.

I'd think about using Pienaar in the middle and bringing Anichebe into the side as a right winger, I think he could have alot of joy against Insua, just like he did against Aurelio last season. It'd also give us more physical presence, something I think Moyes will be worried about. He always tries to make the side as big and as powerful as possible, as does Benitez.

I agree but I'd have Donovan running his legs off for 60 and then bring on Vic for the last 30. It'll be like Insua will struggle then Donovan comes off and Anichebe come on to have a go at him again, a double blow if you know what I mean.
     Why change the team because we've been playing so well?

February 04, 2010, 01:08:21 AM
Reply #4

I'm not using the 'form goes out the window' expression but the derby is just something totally different. I don't think anyone could predict what is going to happen. It's just an absolute mystery until the game begins and then finishes.

February 06, 2010, 01:45:16 AM
Reply #5

liverpool 3-3 everton

Oh you very, very naughty monkey.