November 21, 2017, 09:46:11 PM

Author Topic: Bolton v Everton  (Read 33571 times)

November 27, 2011, 02:50:49 AM
Reply #300

Major Clanger

Barkley isn't going to start until he signs his new contract.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 27, 2011, 03:09:03 AM
Reply #301

bluegrant

Is it a 5 year contact ?

November 27, 2011, 05:44:58 AM
Reply #302

Azz

Rooney started playing games regularly at a similar age... Fabregas the same at Arsenal... who the fuck are all you to say he isn't ready?!  The lad is only going to get better by playing against the best and starting him here or there, giving him minutes is not going to do him any harm.  He's near enough our only creative outlet right now, so why shouldn't he play?! 

November 27, 2011, 05:58:51 AM
Reply #303

bluestevie

good result today, good to see tolis get another goal off the bench, would love to see him start next week to combat crouch and/or jones
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

November 27, 2011, 06:00:42 AM
Reply #304

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Rooney started playing games regularly at a similar age... Fabregas the same at Arsenal... who the fuck are all you to say he isn't ready?!  The lad is only going to get better by playing against the best and starting him here or there, giving him minutes is not going to do him any harm.  He's near enough our only creative outlet right now, so why shouldn't he play?! 

Im an Everton supporter of about 15 years so I have a right to voice my opinion. He has great potential but to me he still isn't ready to be starting games as he gives the ball away well to often and he needs easing in. Just look at the Blackburn match and the Utd match when he came on at half time to see my point.Also comparing him to Rooney is stupid as Rooney was doing it on the international stage at 17.

November 27, 2011, 07:06:12 AM
Reply #305

MmmBlueRamirez

Im an Everton supporter of about 15 years so I have a right to voice my opinion. He has great potential but to me he still isn't ready to be starting games as he gives the ball away well to often and he needs easing in. Just look at the Blackburn match and the Utd match when he came on at half time to see my point.Also comparing him to Rooney is stupid as Rooney was doing it on the international stage at 17.

15 years? You're still wearing stabilisers lid in Everton timescales!

Barkley was on the pitch for 10 or so mins today. In that time, twice he managed to get the ball, create some space for himself and get a shot off. Compared to the players who played the other 80 minutes in a similar position, he achieved far more than they did.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 27, 2011, 07:21:20 AM
Reply #306

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Barkley was on the pitch for 10 or so mins today. In that time, twice he managed to get the ball, create some space for himself and get a shot off. Compared to the players who played the other 80 minutes in a similar position, he achieved far more than they did.
And?

I just want to see him eased in as us evertonians have an awful habit of building young players up just to knock them down soon as they hit a bit of bad form.

November 27, 2011, 07:29:02 AM
Reply #307

MmmBlueRamirez

And?

I just want to see him eased in as us evertonians have an awful habit of building young players up just to knock them down soon as they hit a bit of bad form.

I'd like to think that proper Evertonians can spot a rough Diamond when they see one and excuse a dip in form.

Just look at how certain people stuck with rodwell though thick and thin. Class is permanent, form is temporary.

Ross is a legend in waiting. Moyes is shit scared and desperate to avoid Rooney MKII. I can see why hes holding him back but theres only so long you can tether players of his quality before it becomes painfully obvious you have a world class player in the making.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 27, 2011, 08:58:21 AM
Reply #308

cantoffee

Hold on a second. Ross did well to get a bit of space but both of his shots were easily blocked, it's not like he did much other than shift the ball from one foot to the other and hit it.

I don't think he did anything in the game today, but I also don't blame him because he was on the pitch for 10 minutes.

That being said, if he had taken those shots when we were 1-0 up or when it was 0-0 I don't think we'd have been happy because it could have easily led to a counter-attack or given away possession.

November 27, 2011, 11:31:15 AM
Reply #309

nomorechang

RIP

He did have a few appeareances when he was not too good and Moyes also said he wasnt so great in training , understandable then that he took him out of the limelight . Unfair to compare him to Rooney and Fabregas . Id prefer him to be brought along slowly than risk ruining his confidence .
Looked confident in his cameo  yesterday so maybe hell get more of a chance now
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

November 27, 2011, 12:06:42 PM
Reply #310

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Sounds more like he's got rabbies.

Damn Jews.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...