October 23, 2017, 10:00:42 PM

Author Topic: American to Don royal blue permanently?  (Read 3068 times)

January 31, 2010, 09:17:03 PM
Read 3068 times

.Rimbo.

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/everton-look-to-seal-permanent-deal-for-donovan/5429/

Everton manager David Moyes has been so impressed by Landon Donovan since his loan move to Goodison Park that he is already considering a bid to permanently sign the USA forward, according to The People.

Donovan opened his Everton account with a goal against Sunderland in last week's 2-0 victory and Moyes has reportedly been very impressed with the player's attitude.

Donovan is the all time leading goalscorer in the MLS, is expected to lead the USA attack in the World Cup and LA Galaxy are unlikely to let him go easily.

However, Everton reportedly believe that a bid of around 3million would be enough to make him a permanent Toffees player.  They are particularly keen to do so with Louis Saha 's contract expiring at the end of the season.

A source close to Donovan told The People, "There is a big chance he will stay here permanently but it would have to be sorted after the World Cup."

Did not think he'd cost just 3 million. Pinch of salt of course...

deCoubertin

January 31, 2010, 09:20:01 PM
Reply #1

dekko

There is another thread about this somewhere here.

January 31, 2010, 09:20:26 PM
Reply #2

.Rimbo.

Sorry. The mods can collate if it pains them so...

January 31, 2010, 09:21:37 PM
Reply #3

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, its cryptic thread title makes it harder to spot, although I think the other thread was about the NOTW.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,1530.0.html

January 31, 2010, 11:41:35 PM
Reply #4

Meak

i cant see any possible way 3 mil is all it would take..

as i said before, im american so i somewhat follow the MLS, and if ur just an average fan, names you know are donovan and beckham... donovan is pretty much all the MLS has to lean on right now, so if hes going to go, i cant see the galaxy letting 3 mil be all it takes
Follow me on Twitter @BlakeEMeakin

February 01, 2010, 12:15:54 AM
Reply #5

Pienaar's 6th dreadlock from the right

i cant see any possible way 3 mil is all it would take..

as i said before, im american so i somewhat follow the MLS, and if ur just an average fan, names you know are donovan and beckham... donovan is pretty much all the MLS has to lean on right now, so if hes going to go, i cant see the galaxy letting 3 mil be all it takes

Says the guy who was wondering why we cheered Anichebe against Sunderland.

February 01, 2010, 12:25:41 AM
Reply #6

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
If we wanted to extend his loan until the end of the season and we got the go ahead from LA Galaxy would it have to be done by tomorrow or can we do it b4 his loan ends?

February 01, 2010, 12:30:13 AM
Reply #7

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Says the guy who was wondering why we cheered Anichebe against Sunderland.

??

Maybe I missed that one, but I don't think he would be going anywhere for that price. I thought there was a thread earlier that said there was a buyout clause for about 6 mil in his contract (which I'd say was a reasonable price).

February 01, 2010, 12:30:31 AM
Reply #8

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
If we wanted to extend his loan until the end of the season and we got the go ahead from LA Galaxy would it have to be done by tomorrow or can we do it b4 his loan ends?

I believe we can do it outside the transfer window.

February 01, 2010, 10:04:51 AM
Reply #9

American Evertonian

Maybe I missed that one, but I don't think he would be going anywhere for that price. I thought there was a thread earlier that said there was a buyout clause for about 6 mil in his contract (which I'd say was a reasonable price).
I have not heard of such a clause, but I think it will take more than 3mil pounds to buy him.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

February 01, 2010, 01:38:59 PM
Reply #10

chicagoblue

Minimum 7 to 8 millions pounds.  He's on a brand new contract through 2013 for about 1.8 millions U.S. a year, and unless his contract give him the say on transfer at a set number he won't be going anywhere.  As other Americans have noted he has huge commercial value here in the U.S. 

If his form remains good through March he will end up in England, the WC will decide the final price.  Probably 8-12.  Anyway, will be an interesting story to follow.

February 01, 2010, 01:53:27 PM
Reply #11

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
So he has huge commercial value but then his appearances for us don't raise our profile in the US?  I am confused!