November 21, 2017, 04:28:43 PM

Author Topic: [News]Five handed first starts  (Read 5811 times)

December 17, 2009, 12:14:35 AM
Read 5811 times

NewsBot

Five handed first starts

Five players will make their full Everton debuts tomorrow night as the Toffees take on BATE in the final Europa League group game.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/news.php?item.5488.1

deCoubertin

December 17, 2009, 12:53:21 AM
Reply #1

Haile GAZrselassie

nice one.

looking forward to seeing baxter, agard and bidwell in particular.

baxter i've seen bits and pieces of and i like him but agard, other than 2 minutes against A.E.K i've not seen anything of and bidwell i wouldn't recognise if he was stood next to me at the bus stop.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

December 17, 2009, 12:56:17 AM
Reply #2

.Rimbo.

I was at COV when Agard come on and he impressed me. Excited to see more of the lad. Looks like a mix between Anichebe and Vaughan.

December 17, 2009, 12:59:11 AM
Reply #3

evertonjoe

I was at COV when Agard come on and he impressed me. Excited to see more of the lad. Looks like a mix between Anichebe and Vaughan.

So he's got a bad attitude and is injury prone?

Or he'll be devastating in Europe and will try really hard.

I hope to God it's the second one

R.A.P Music

December 17, 2009, 01:04:12 AM
Reply #4

mo200375

Good move by moyes, ive the youngsters experience while giving out 1st team regulars a much needed rest over a busy christmas period!!!

COYB!!!!

December 17, 2009, 01:24:58 AM
Reply #5

toffee_scot

I think it's good that Moyes has named his team early, basically it is just a reserve match! Osman will get some match fitness from the game, Yakubu could do with 90 minutes. I actually hoped though that Billy would play, he probably could do with another game to familiarise himself with the team and he may know how to deal with the Belarussians.

December 17, 2009, 01:30:11 AM
Reply #6

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think it's good that Moyes has named his team early, basically it is just a reserve match! Osman will get some match fitness from the game, Yakubu could do with 90 minutes. I actually hoped though that Billy would play, he probably could do with another game to familiarise himself with the team and he may know how to deal with the Belarussians.

Bily needs a rest much more than playing with a load of people who don't normally play.

With the rest of the team, I think it's a good move by Moyes as the youngsters will all be putting in 100% effort in an attempt to impress. This will lift the game from the practice match feeling it would have had the team been full of regulars.

December 17, 2009, 01:39:32 AM
Reply #7

toffee_scot

Bily needs a rest much more than playing with a load of people who don't normally play.

With the rest of the team, I think it's a good move by Moyes as the youngsters will all be putting in 100% effort in an attempt to impress. This will lift the game from the practice match feeling it would have had the team been full of regulars.

Indeed, hopefully the youngsters can make a step up, they will get their experience of first team football which will benefit them a great deal. Forshaw and Bidwell must be pinching themselves at the prospect of making their full debuts.

I'm curious to see who will be on the bench, I thought in Europa League you could only register about 25 players so the chances are our bench might include a few experienced pros.

December 17, 2009, 03:47:26 AM
Reply #8

Thom

Administrator
Just seen the line up on the OS. Very surprised that Moyes is ringing the changes but it'll be refreshing to see the youngsters try to impress, and it gives a few of our first teamers the chance to rest up before a vital game against Birmingham.

December 17, 2009, 03:53:33 AM
Reply #9

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
So what would the line up look like? I've not heard of some of these players.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 17, 2009, 04:49:39 AM
Reply #10

Blake

So what would the line up look like? I've not heard of some of these players.
i'd expect...

Nash
coleman hibbert duffy bidwell
baxter osman rodwell forshaw
agard yakubu

December 17, 2009, 04:59:13 AM
Reply #11

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
Wai Kin Low

hopefully osman and yakubu will be more in form and get match fitnes by playing this match but rest them by half time. i want to see both of them at birmingham match..and i hope to see peterlin playing actually...hope he replaces hibbert at 2nd half

this was a comment on the OS! found it rather amusing  lolol

December 17, 2009, 05:05:26 AM
Reply #12

Билялетдинов

christ, i've never even heard of bidwell!

December 17, 2009, 05:13:46 AM
Reply #13

Gash

Global Moderator
christ, i've never even heard of bidwell!

He's good in auctions apparently.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 05:28:03 AM by Gash »

December 17, 2009, 05:27:07 AM
Reply #14

huck

I have no idea who Bidwell is so looking forward to seeing him. I'm glad we'll get to see a bit more of Agard to.
Le Berry