August 21, 2019, 04:19:46 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Stoke City  (Read 44685 times)

December 04, 2011, 09:54:41 PM
Reply #120

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Why do I see weak as piss penalties been given to teams week in week out on MotD and yet our players have to be piledriven to even be in with a shout?

Horrible performance, horrible officiating, horrible opponents.

We arent going to get too much joy from our current gameplan with those defenders vs our strikers, if its in our capability we need to get a bit more canny here.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

December 04, 2011, 09:55:25 PM
Reply #121

Sprooly

Like trying to play football
weve actually played some really nice football, but its all down the left, which really only leads to crossing

December 04, 2011, 09:56:07 PM
Reply #122

Evertonexile

I had a family member who played for Stoke a long, long time back. I try my best to like them.

It's not working today.
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

December 04, 2011, 09:56:40 PM
Reply #123

bluegrant

no one having  shot outside of the box thats the only wayt beat these cheating bastards ,barkleys not afraid of doing that

December 04, 2011, 09:56:41 PM
Reply #124

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
I wouldn't want to see Barkley in this game, if I'm honest with you. Those thugs would just kick him to bits, it's not worth it.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

December 04, 2011, 09:58:53 PM
Reply #125

Danny

Although Bily's been good I reckon if Drenthe was playing we'd be winning. He's got free on the left so many times and put in an early ball rather than running it in.

December 04, 2011, 09:58:53 PM
Reply #126

Deano Blue Boy

What the fuck is that Greek cunt doing on the pitch, get him off!

December 04, 2011, 10:02:04 PM
Reply #127

irishtoffee

we should have had a penalty for that tussle but we could have been 2 down only for shawcross/shotton missing a great chance. we struggle to create any chances. Terrible stuff but i think we can still win this

December 04, 2011, 10:03:39 PM
Reply #128

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
We need a presence in the box, and if this isn't the game to give Stracq some playing time then there surely can't be any games that he's worth using in.

December 04, 2011, 10:05:41 PM
Reply #129

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Seriously think we should give Strac a chance. If we continue to hit it long (which we will) at least he has the physicality to match the defenders. Vellios/Cahill isn't exactly working either.

Although it is probably more likely we'll see Neville or Distin on (Heitinga moved to DM) and Fellaini pushed up.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 10:07:15 PM by blueToffee »

December 04, 2011, 10:06:56 PM
Reply #130

AidyEFC9

Were keeping the ball but Ossie and Felli aren't dropping in deep enough to take it off the likes of Jags and Heitinga and they seem to be playing it between themselves a bit much. and when it does work its way into midfield, we've got no movement uptop as Vellios rightly either drops in or backs up against the CB to take the ball but we need Cahill to be the mover in and around Vellios so are midfield as a through ball on but he just isn't that type of player so were always just playing it wide, and mainly down the left.

Vellios is doing the right thing and being the target man and staying centrally and backing into Huth or Shawcross so that we can play into his feet but we need a mover in and around him so we can play a through ball instead of always being forced to play out wide.

Maybe Barkley or Gueye could play off Vellios but no doubt in second half Moyesy will take off Vellios and bring Rodders on and put Cahill upfront and Osman playing off of him. Against Stoke you need good movement in and around there defence as there all big and cumbersome and can deal with the likes of Cahill and Vellios as there not movers uptop, Stoke will take playing up against those two all day but get a little clever mover up there and they'll have some trouble!.

December 04, 2011, 10:09:51 PM
Reply #131

AidyEFC9

Btw, for me Felli as been are best player, always looking to go forward and drive on with the ball and in general we've played well but we need summat a bit different uptop, maybe someone like Barkley with clever feet and an eye for a pass, or Gueye with his pace?.

December 04, 2011, 10:10:53 PM
Reply #132

bluegrant

were never going to score in the air

December 04, 2011, 10:13:04 PM
Reply #133

everton.chris

Bilyaletdinov is total shit
People who know it all are especially annoying to those of us who don't

December 04, 2011, 10:14:35 PM
Reply #134

bluegrant