October 16, 2019, 02:49:30 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Stoke City  (Read 46509 times)

December 01, 2011, 10:14:02 AM
Read 46509 times

American Evertonian

Howard

Coleman Jags Heitinga Baines

Bily Rodwell Fellaini Drenthe

Vellios Saha

Please.

You read my mind Blargs. I would love to see this although I'd be amazed if Moyes actually did it. I think Moyes should give the 4-4-2 a go at least once. Our 4-2-3-1 doesn't suit our players too much.
Are we there yet?

December 01, 2011, 08:34:36 PM
Reply #1

American Evertonian

We do play 4-4-2; it's just Cahill is one of the 2.

He's often further forward than Saha.

To me it seems it is more a 4-4-1-1 or when Cahill does drop back a 4-2-3-1. Granted I could very well be wrong as I have a relatively young football mind. I will agree that in the last two matches it is Saha who has dropped back more than Cahill. We have gotten 2 wins in the last 2 with that formation so I can't argue with the results.
Are we there yet?

December 02, 2011, 01:39:56 AM
Reply #2

American Evertonian

All fair points. In all reality I would like to see us with 2 actual strikers on the pitch. I do love Cahill, but he is not a striker although he might as well be with how much Moyes plays him up there.
Are we there yet?

December 02, 2011, 10:52:10 PM
Reply #3

American Evertonian

Donovan is no striker. He will do no better at that role than Cahill. Donovan is a winger. I am so confused as to why so many people on this forum want to play him as a forward/striker. The solution to our problem is as someone stated earlier, if you want Cahill to play better we need Velios in to hold the line.
Are we there yet?

December 04, 2011, 10:45:35 PM
Reply #4

American Evertonian

I'm amazed we have 66% of possession and ten shots but none on goal. This is sad.
Are we there yet?