October 22, 2019, 06:36:09 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Stoke City  (Read 46765 times)

November 28, 2011, 01:14:32 AM
Read 46765 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Howard

Coleman Jags Heitinga Baines

Bily Rodwell Fellaini Drenthe

Vellios Saha

Please.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

November 30, 2011, 09:47:01 PM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I love this lineup, but would swap Drenthe and Bily. Drenthe is more dangerous on the left and Bily is better suited to playing with Baines because he drifts inside allowing Baines to overlap. Same thing with Drenthe and Coleman. Drenthe cutting in allows coleman to overlap. This runs the risk of over congesting the middle of the park, however we seem to be not getting enough people into the box on crosses anyways, so filling the middle may not be a bad thing after all. In the end though, we have no chance of seeing this lineup. O well.

The only issue with that is it leaves our right hand side weak defensively as neither Coleman or Drenthe are great at the back.

Having said that, we're Everton and we dictate what we play, not the opposition. Or have I gone back 25 years?
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

December 02, 2011, 05:49:09 AM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
All fair points. In all reality I would like to see us with 2 actual strikers on the pitch. I do love Cahill, but he is not a striker although he might as well be with how much Moyes plays him up there.

I think that has completely nullified him.

As an attacking midfielder his goal scoring ratio was good. As a striker, it's mediocre.

December 04, 2011, 09:14:16 PM
Reply #3

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Bily's played some nice passes so far.