October 21, 2019, 09:21:26 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Stoke City  (Read 46688 times)

November 29, 2011, 08:21:27 PM
Read 46688 times

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I think the atmosphere will be intense and we will up our game.  A comfortable 2-0 win.

December 02, 2011, 02:30:02 PM
Reply #1

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I think that has completely nullified him.

As an attacking midfielder his goal scoring ratio was good. As a striker, it's mediocre.

He has to lead the line with Saha in the team as Saha does so little attacking the ball or defenders.  His game is off because he can't arrive in the box late.  When Vellios plays he is the most advanced man, even just this is enough for me to think Saha and Cahill shouldn't be playing together.

December 05, 2011, 01:50:38 AM
Reply #2

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Moyes played pretty much his strongest available side today but the football we played was horrendous.  Howard to Heitinga, Heitinga to Hibbert to Coleman to nowhere.  Howard to Heitinga, Heitinga cross field to no one or occasionally Baines or Bily.  Poor crossing, poor movement and no chance of us scoring a goal.

December 05, 2011, 01:59:02 AM
Reply #3

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Moyes didn't do anything to change the way we played.  He never does.  That is his way.  He's stubborn and he won't ever change.

Are we any further on then Walter Smith?  I'm not so sure we are.

Tbh not sure what more Moyes can do to change the way we play with the players he has.  I can't believe he isn't telling players to move for throw ins for example.