October 23, 2019, 01:05:16 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Stoke City  (Read 46819 times)

December 02, 2011, 03:31:42 PM
Read 46819 times

nomorechang

RIP
A lot of Cahill's goals have come from set pieces ie crosses from free kicks and corners which in all honesty it doesnt matter what position he's chosen to play in .His goal drought has been from when he returned injured from the Asian cup tournament . I would not be surprised to see Landon given the " 2nd striker " job in January and Cahill being used more as an impact sub which I think would suit him much better . The 'impact ' he made when coming on against City at home last season actually changed the game and I think the last thing tiring defenders want to see in the last 20 minutes of a game is a nemesis like Tim C warming up to torment them .
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 03, 2011, 01:47:55 AM
Reply #1

nomorechang

RIP
Donovan is no striker. He will do no better at that role than Cahill. Donovan is a winger. I am so confused as to why so many people on this forum want to play him as a forward/striker. The solution to our problem is as someone stated earlier, if you want Cahill to play better we need Velios in to hold the line.
Doesnt really matter , Cahill is not a striker , both him and Donovan are goalscorers and at the moment Cahill has not been scoring goals , Donovan has . Its a trait of players that Moyes signs , they have to be adaptable and versatile and If Moyes thinks he can do a better job than Tim C then he'll use him in that role
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 03, 2011, 05:42:31 AM
Reply #2

nomorechang

RIP
If we start Vellios upfront with Saha we will win 3-0.

If he goes with Cahill and Saha upfront then 0-0 bore draw.

Of course we will , I'll go to the bookies right away 
Alan Ball

December 03, 2011, 06:07:25 PM
Reply #3

nomorechang

RIP
My £15 quid adult ticket has arrived via work.

its upper bullens in the away end so im presuming stoke have only been given the lower bullens.

Last year everton sold tickets to 8 games for £15

Stoke this sunday is the first one this year im aware of.

does make a mockery of the saving season tickets get, in the end your only buying in advance to guarantee a seat.

They are also doing a deal for the Swansea ,Norwich games , buy one get the other half price, £46 for 2 games
Alan Ball