September 24, 2019, 02:58:14 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Stoke City  (Read 45903 times)

December 04, 2011, 12:54:58 AM
Read 45903 times

Fynci

I'm totally bemused why some posters here are desperate for Denis to start a game. The fact that he is seriously overlooked, and Moyes interview when he first came tells you everything you need to know.

If Drente isn't back then I'm guessing Billy will get another shot, other than that I'd agree with what christiffa25 suggests.

December 04, 2011, 09:49:45 PM
Reply #1

Fynci

What did Moyes say in his interview, Fynci? Don't remember it. Anyway, Sitting in top balcony for 1st time tommorow, and I am going for 2-0, Cahill and Vellios

"There weren't an awful lot of centre-forwards out there we could get and he became available to us at the last minute.

"In the end it was nearly worth the gamble to see how he does. We've done it before with loan signings; some have worked and some haven't."

There have been other things which you can read between the lines. My impression is he was a last minute thing, he got here, they looked at him in training, and realised he wasn't up to it.

December 04, 2011, 09:51:30 PM
Reply #2

Fynci

How is that not a penalty?

December 04, 2011, 10:57:00 PM
Reply #3

Fynci

should of had 5 pens.

...at least.

Lee Mason is a cheat.

December 04, 2011, 11:11:14 PM
Reply #4

Fynci

Stoke defended well. Everton attacked poorly.

Regardless of the result, we were never going to get anything from the game. The officials wouldn't allow it.

December 04, 2011, 11:12:14 PM
Reply #5

Fynci

Stoke defended well. Everton attacked poorly.

Regardless of the result, we were never going to get anything from the game. The officials wouldn't allow it.

I should quickly add, that was when Stoke actually did defend well, and not when they were climbing, grappling and wrestling our lot.

December 04, 2011, 11:19:04 PM
Reply #6

Fynci

Stop fucking making excuses about refs costing us the game. This is stoke city we're talking about not man.city.

I counted that we should have had 5 penalties, someone else has said 8. If you're 1 down, and have between 5-8 penalties then I think you can assume we'd score at least a couple.

December 05, 2011, 01:46:34 AM
Reply #7

Fynci

If you get deal a 2 6 off suit in poker every hand then you're going to have to be damn good at bluffing to win. Moyes is being dealt that hand more often than not.

Look at the teamsheet, look at the bench, what would you have done differently?

The team I picked had Saha and Rodwell in place for Velios and Cahill, with Saha out injured (again), then it's hardly an unsurprising selection!

Sorry, to use my above example, I'm blaming the hand, the deck and not the player.

Nothing has changed before or after the game - we need money, and we need players. If Moyes had 120m at his disposal and we were losing more often than not, then it's time to judge him.