September 20, 2019, 05:54:39 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Stoke City  (Read 45691 times)

December 04, 2011, 08:59:02 PM
Read 45691 times

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
sop://broker1.sopcast.com:3912/6816

It's on Yes in english and good, stable picture so far.

December 04, 2011, 09:51:43 PM
Reply #1

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Every time we play Stoke that cunt Shawcross is trying to provoke Fellaini in to getting sent off, he's horrid snide.

December 04, 2011, 10:03:39 PM
Reply #2

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
We need a presence in the box, and if this isn't the game to give Stracq some playing time then there surely can't be any games that he's worth using in.

December 04, 2011, 11:02:31 PM
Reply #3

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
The ref was a disgrace, but he wasn't the reason he lost.

Today's performance is exactly what myself and a few others were talking about after the Wolves game a fortnight ago, in saying that whilst we were happy to win there were the same worrying elements in our performance that on another day would have cost us.  And today that's exactly what happened.  Play fairly well, but barely creating a chance all game.

December 04, 2011, 11:07:54 PM
Reply #4

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
You can't say that though, on another day against a different team those crosses might have actually turned to goals. As the ref and stoke were being absolutely despicable cunts we weren't able to score from them.

Well they might have done, but the fact is we didn't look like scoring all game and I don't want to ignore the issues we have as a team and hide behind blaming the ref instead.

December 04, 2011, 11:16:58 PM
Reply #5

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
You might say we didn't create enough, but the reason we didn't create enough was dead simple: they were fouling our players almost every time the ball was crossed into the box.

Obviously you can't expect the referee to spot all of them, but there's only one word to describe a referee who fails to spot any of them: a cheat.

All well and good until you consider that for about 2 years now we just haven't been creating chances, and that's been a major problem for us.  The referee was shockingly bad and may well have cost us opportunities, but outside of that we were suffering from the exact same lack of creativity and ideas that we have been for a long long time.  I'm more concerned about that than a cunt of a ref.

December 04, 2011, 11:26:17 PM
Reply #6

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
But that's just not true. We have trouble converting our chances but we always had plenty of them until this season. Now it's different, we lost far too many creative players and now we are indeed short of chances but we created plenty in the seasons before.

Even with Pienaar and Arteta I saw very few chances created.  Lots of pretty football, and then very little in the way of a final ball from anyone other than Baines, and not many chances as a result.  Tactically we are one dimensional and we have been for a while.

December 04, 2011, 11:45:45 PM
Reply #7

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
It's a bit pointless arguing about this now. I remember we had loads of chances in many games that we ended up drawing or losing, you don't. Short of looking at the footage of all the games last season it's impossible to decide.

I hope we agree though that we went backwards when we sold Pienaar, but even more so when we sold Arteta.

Completely agree about that part.