October 18, 2019, 06:30:11 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Stoke City  (Read 46598 times)

December 04, 2011, 11:16:37 PM
Reply #210

Shogun

Administrator
should have had more than 1 pen, lost by 1 goal but the ref didnt cost us the match?

December 04, 2011, 11:16:58 PM
Reply #211

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
You might say we didn't create enough, but the reason we didn't create enough was dead simple: they were fouling our players almost every time the ball was crossed into the box.

Obviously you can't expect the referee to spot all of them, but there's only one word to describe a referee who fails to spot any of them: a cheat.

All well and good until you consider that for about 2 years now we just haven't been creating chances, and that's been a major problem for us.  The referee was shockingly bad and may well have cost us opportunities, but outside of that we were suffering from the exact same lack of creativity and ideas that we have been for a long long time.  I'm more concerned about that than a cunt of a ref.

December 04, 2011, 11:17:55 PM
Reply #212

kunal32

It's fairly hard to get shots on goal when you're being held, pushed or pulled every time the ball is coming towards you. I've lost count of the penalties we should've been given at eight.

Stop fucking making excuses about refs costing us the game. This is stoke city we're talking about not man.city.

December 04, 2011, 11:18:18 PM
Reply #213

Sheedys left foot

Dont think any ref would cheat, just very inept  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CHUNK,I LOVE YOU CHUNK.

December 04, 2011, 11:19:04 PM
Reply #214

Fynci

Stop fucking making excuses about refs costing us the game. This is stoke city we're talking about not man.city.

I counted that we should have had 5 penalties, someone else has said 8. If you're 1 down, and have between 5-8 penalties then I think you can assume we'd score at least a couple.

December 04, 2011, 11:19:49 PM
Reply #215

JoeHart

why no rendition of 'oh davey moyes'?

The tactical genius strikes again.
Everton forever

December 04, 2011, 11:20:42 PM
Reply #216

kunal32

Might be an idea if the team could put the ball in the back of the net by actually playing football rather than looking for pens and the assistance from refs every bleeding time. We are rubbish end of!

December 04, 2011, 11:21:58 PM
Reply #217

jongre123

Might be an idea if the team could put the ball in the back of the net by actually playing football rather than looking for pens and the assistance from refs every bleeding time. We are rubbish end of!

How do we play football, when the other team is playing rugby?

December 04, 2011, 11:23:39 PM
Reply #218

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
All well and good until you consider that for about 2 years now we just haven't been creating chances, and that's been a major problem for us.

But that's just not true. We have trouble converting our chances but we always had plenty of them until this season. Now it's different, we lost far too many creative players and now we are indeed short of chances but we created plenty in the seasons before.

I didn't even remember I had a signature.

December 04, 2011, 11:24:09 PM
Reply #219

JoeHart

should have had more than 1 pen, lost by 1 goal but the ref didnt cost us the match?

we where negative, predictable, boring and rubbish.
Thats why we lost.
Everton forever

December 04, 2011, 11:24:45 PM
Reply #220

bluegrant

spot on. we were so predictable ,we were never going to score in the air, picked off like flys never saw anyone have go from outside  of the box.Got to change before next week or well get stuffed. ps fellani motm

December 04, 2011, 11:25:00 PM
Reply #221

AidyEFC9

Ref was fucking useless today and helped Stoke out. Some of the bear hugging and missed fouls was a joke. But if you haven't got anything about you, no guile or creativity in the final third then ya never will win games!

It's alright having possesion and playing infront of Stoke but if you don't have anyone moving or looking to go beyond the strikers and inbetween CB and FB so that we can penetrate there defence with a through ball than we've got no hope at all!.

Moyesy talks about us being a 15-20 goal getter short of being a decent side and to me that's just a load of bollox!. Yeah they help but we need more creativity in central midfield and wide right so we can actually create chances for the likes of our strikers and Cahill or whoever else plays up there!. Maybe are strikers would score goals if we created good goalscoring opportunities for em but we don't have anyone who can thread a ball or are final ball is shit more often than not!.

And we need some pace and movement in the team aswell, if you haven't got the movement in the final third and ahead of the ball, then you haven't got that opportunity to thread a ball through. I can probs count on one hand the amount of times we've put through are striker one on one with the opposition keeper, it just hardly ever happens.

And same at defending corners or FK's, nobody is willing to break a neck to break out from the back and strike up a counter attack. Coleman at one point ran out from back down left and 7 Stoke players got back in there own half and only one of are players got forward of some sorts to support Coleman or give him an option, it's fucking terrible!.

With no pace or movement from our side we will never create good enough or enough chances to win and kill off teams. We'll end up getting by with goals from set plays or penalties which is very rare we score from set plays these days or get penalties!.

And another thing that is fucking me off is Moyesies subs, there made too late and he makes the wrong choices for me. Yeah Bily should of come off but for Rodwell?. Why not bring Gueye on earlier for Bily or bring Barkley on who is direct and runs with the ball and can pick a pass and maybe unlock Stokes defence?. And why take Vellios off when we was losing 1 nil at home with 20 plus mins to go, why not keep him on and put Stracq on aswell and have 2 out-an-out strikers on that we can aim for in the box when crossing, could of even took Bily off for Stracq and had 3 aerial threats on upfront in Cahill, Vellios and Stracq.

Very disappointing afternoon. In Jan we need to be looking at finding some creativity and pace in midfield somehow, find some one clever who can either unlock defences with defence splitting passes or someone with pace and a trick to beat a man and get good delivery in or shots off cos we'll be in a right struggle all season if we've to carry on with what we've got.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 11:28:27 PM by AidyEFC9 »

December 04, 2011, 11:25:04 PM
Reply #222

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber

You make it sound as if getting a penalty when our player is in a headlock was a favour or assistance on the referee's behalf. It isn't. It should be the fucking norm.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

December 04, 2011, 11:25:30 PM
Reply #223

kunal32

Fucking hell, I really dispair!! We lost at home to fucking STOKE CITY....stop making excuses!! We are shite!

December 04, 2011, 11:26:17 PM
Reply #224

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
But that's just not true. We have trouble converting our chances but we always had plenty of them until this season. Now it's different, we lost far too many creative players and now we are indeed short of chances but we created plenty in the seasons before.

Even with Pienaar and Arteta I saw very few chances created.  Lots of pretty football, and then very little in the way of a final ball from anyone other than Baines, and not many chances as a result.  Tactically we are one dimensional and we have been for a while.