October 22, 2019, 09:49:51 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Stoke City  (Read 46781 times)

December 04, 2011, 11:26:38 PM
Reply #225

Wepull

I find it odd to say this because I support the team.. But what a boring game of Football that was!!

December 04, 2011, 11:26:49 PM
Reply #226

sharpattack

How shit is Leon Osman?
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

December 04, 2011, 11:26:54 PM
Reply #227

RedWhiteandBLUE

I really hope coleman starts shaping up as a right back and we can play drenthe as right mid, where he seems to give it his best, or if Landon comes back, landon on the right drenthe on the left.

and will cahill fucking score already or be dropped? if he isn't scoring his possession and passing don't warrant a place in the starting 11.  sometimes i feel like cahill is a curse.. he allows moyes to play 2 strikers without really playing 2 strikers...

December 04, 2011, 11:27:43 PM
Reply #228

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking hell, I really dispair!! We lost at home to fucking STOKE CITY....stop making excuses!! We are shite!

You seem to be a bit slow on the uptake, aren't you.

How many times do you need it to be spelt out that if they are allowed to foul anyone inside their box, it's fairly easy to defend well?
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

December 04, 2011, 11:28:51 PM
Reply #229

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
How shit is Leon Osman?

I don't know, you tell me.

He had a decent game, moved the ball around well.

December 04, 2011, 11:29:33 PM
Reply #230

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
How shit is Leon Osman?

Today he was of the same standard as all of his team mates ,which was pretty shit.would be unfair to single him out,but then again that is your style isn't it?
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 04, 2011, 11:30:45 PM
Reply #231

Gash

Global Moderator
But that's just not true. We have trouble converting our chances but we always had plenty of them until this season. Now it's different, we lost far too many creative players and now we are indeed short of chances but we created plenty in the seasons before.

I remember saying on the podcast I did last season that the game we were talking about could have been one of 15 previous games last season. All the same, plenty possesion but little or no creativity in the final third of the pitch. This hasn't suddenly become a problem since Arteta and Pienaar left.

Tamworth must be pissing themselves.

December 04, 2011, 11:31:33 PM
Reply #232

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Even with Pienaar and Arteta I saw very few chances created.  Lots of pretty football, and then very little in the way of a final ball from anyone other than Baines, and not many chances as a result.  Tactically we are one dimensional and we have been for a while.

It's a bit pointless arguing about this now. I remember we had loads of chances in many games that we ended up drawing or losing, you don't. Short of looking at the footage of all the games last season it's impossible to decide.

I hope we agree though that we went backwards when we sold Pienaar, but even more so when we sold Arteta.

December 04, 2011, 11:33:03 PM
Reply #233

kunal32

You seem to be a bit slow on the uptake, aren't you.

How many times do you need it to be spelt out that if they are allowed to foul anyone inside their box, it's fairly easy to defend well?

No. I get the impression your making excuses for a performance which was diabolical - how about looking at the team, the managers selections, tactics, the general shite play of the team? We haven't lost that game soley based on the ref. The creativity is the refs responsibility is it??, the coaching isn't down to the ref is it?? Behave!

December 04, 2011, 11:33:55 PM
Reply #234

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
I remember saying on the podcast I did last season that the game we were talking about could have been one of 15 previous games last season. All the same, plenty possesion but little or no creativity in the final third of the pitch. This hasn't suddenly become a problem since Arteta and Pienaar left.

I remember everyone saying this, but I also remember that even at the time it seemed over the top. We fashioned five or six good openings regularly but rarely even took one of them.

December 04, 2011, 11:37:32 PM
Reply #235

Azz

In before Moyes says we lacked quality in the final 3rd.

In before Moyes says we were not clinical in front of goal.

In before Moyes doesn't come out and say he tactically fucked up by trying to fire balls into the box against 4 6 foot+ tall defenders and a keeper.

December 04, 2011, 11:38:08 PM
Reply #236

JoeHart

How shit is Leon Osman?

same as he has been since day 1.
A crappy hanger on who offers very little.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 11:40:44 PM by JoeHart »
Everton forever

December 04, 2011, 11:38:50 PM
Reply #237

sharpattack

I don't know, you tell me.

He had a decent game, moved the ball around well.
Rubbish. Worst player in blue....again.
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

December 04, 2011, 11:40:58 PM
Reply #238

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
No. I get the impression your making excuses for a performance which was diabolical - how about looking at the team, the managers selections, tactics, the general shite play of the team? We haven't lost that game soley based on the ref. The creativity is the refs responsibility is it??, the coaching isn't down to the ref is it?? Behave!

I think it's the other way around, you 're just looking for excuses to say we were shit. Why you're so happy doing that eludes me, but you certainly seem to revel in it.

Anyway, I looked at the team: it was pretty much the best team we could field. Well, the only team to be fair.
The tactics, same. It was the best we could play with the squad we have.

Funnily enough the one thing that definitely is Moyes' fault and has been the most consistently worrying problem this season isn't mentioned: our inability to defend in the box. We used to be good at it but now as soon as the ball is lifted in the box, we're like a pub team.

This and the ref cost us the game.

December 04, 2011, 11:45:45 PM
Reply #239

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
It's a bit pointless arguing about this now. I remember we had loads of chances in many games that we ended up drawing or losing, you don't. Short of looking at the footage of all the games last season it's impossible to decide.

I hope we agree though that we went backwards when we sold Pienaar, but even more so when we sold Arteta.

Completely agree about that part.