October 19, 2019, 05:02:22 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Stoke City  (Read 46624 times)

December 05, 2011, 01:14:28 AM
Reply #255

GhostOfDixie

Can't be bothered to trawl through the opinions, but surely people on this forum are not defending Moyes?

I actually like Moyes as a man, but this unrequited love that he seems to be getting just makes me ill. 

Or the 'Moyes has had no money' bollocks.  Like he's not signed any players of any value.

He's dropped the ball on many players, he hounded out more than 1 footballer from Everton, and has failed to even question the board's ambitions.

In short he's a shit house who hasn't got the balls to make the decisions required to elevate you to the kind of reputation worthy of an LMA.

December 05, 2011, 01:15:05 AM
Reply #256

Blueboyz

A total Clearout is whats needed board/managemnt wise ,  New start , Fresh impetus , Its  the only way forward now  to be honest .

December 05, 2011, 01:25:06 AM
Reply #257

GhostOfDixie

You see I agree with that also.  Thanks for the ten years Moyes but its just been a frustrating period with only a handful of good times.

Time for this club to move forward.

December 05, 2011, 01:36:30 AM
Reply #258

Blueboyz

and bruce got sacked for what again !?, i dont see a world of difference  ""trophys wise"" between davey and bruce !!??,  descions need to be made it really is that time

December 05, 2011, 01:42:54 AM
Reply #259

GhostOfDixie

Problem is mate far too many Everton fans have low expectations of their club.  This could be due to so long without success, that this top half flirting is as good as it will get, and that satisfies them.

It doesn't me.

Its a game of football, and it's about beating the other team.  Far too often Moyes fails to acknowledge that their is another team, and as a result doesn't really set his side out to combat them.

He hardly ever sets up an attacking side.  Its all about not getting relegated with Moyes and with many fans also. 

That's the difference between us and Liverpool fans.  They look forwards and up the table, and see where they can get.  We look down and feel glad we are not in 20th spot.

December 05, 2011, 01:44:44 AM
Reply #260

Blueboyz

Moyes is anti football,   :headbang:

December 05, 2011, 01:46:34 AM
Reply #261

Fynci

If you get deal a 2 6 off suit in poker every hand then you're going to have to be damn good at bluffing to win. Moyes is being dealt that hand more often than not.

Look at the teamsheet, look at the bench, what would you have done differently?

The team I picked had Saha and Rodwell in place for Velios and Cahill, with Saha out injured (again), then it's hardly an unsurprising selection!

Sorry, to use my above example, I'm blaming the hand, the deck and not the player.

Nothing has changed before or after the game - we need money, and we need players. If Moyes had 120m at his disposal and we were losing more often than not, then it's time to judge him.

December 05, 2011, 01:48:58 AM
Reply #262

Blueboyz

Well going of that kenwright must go then !!, listen someone has to GO as this SHIT cant go on much longer .

December 05, 2011, 01:49:30 AM
Reply #263

GhostOfDixie

So basically what your saying then is regardless of what results we get Moyes is never to blame?

So the fact today when we were losing instead of going 2 up top and try and support the striker who was struggling against 2 big centre halts, he takes off that striker and replaces him with a striker who by his own admission didn't want to sign him.

Or how about the fact he allowed 3 strikers to leave without replacing them?

Or how about the continued selection of Billy in a position he doesn't succeed in?

Or how about the tactic of hoofing it rather than play the ball on the ground and play to our strengths and try and beat Stoke.  Today he just made it a comfortable day for Pulis.

December 05, 2011, 01:49:49 AM
Reply #264

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Its a game of football, and it's about beating the other team.  Far too often Moyes fails to acknowledge that their is another team, and as a result doesn't really set his side out to combat them.

Aye. And when he does, he gets a lecture from some fans on how good teams should try to force their tactics on the opponent rather than trying to counter them.

I didn't even remember I had a signature.

December 05, 2011, 01:50:38 AM
Reply #265

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Moyes played pretty much his strongest available side today but the football we played was horrendous.  Howard to Heitinga, Heitinga to Hibbert to Coleman to nowhere.  Howard to Heitinga, Heitinga cross field to no one or occasionally Baines or Bily.  Poor crossing, poor movement and no chance of us scoring a goal.

December 05, 2011, 01:51:16 AM
Reply #266

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
What a horrible game that was today!we got almost everything wrong today, no player performances were upto scratch and Moyes got it wrong as well. Add to that some dodgy refereeing decisions, and an opposition who laboured over every goal kick and throw in to waste time and you can see why we lost today.

What was most annoying for me is that they seemed to want it more.  Stoke were first to every loose ball (including the one from the corner that they scored from) and this is something we have done poorly for years. Another poor thing today was our corners and throw ins. It has been note on this forum before how bad our throw ins are. No one seems to offer an option so we lose the ball straight away most of the time. Our corners were worse than usual today. Short corners never work. Our policy on corners should be :Baines takes all of them and just crosses it in.

We seem to find it hard to break down anyone and just by being well organised,Stoke managed to see today's game through easily. It was frustrating to see a lack of players wanting the ball to their feet off the 2 centre backs. 5 minutes into the second half we could see nothing was changing, but we waited too long to make the changes, and when we did make substitutions,they were the wrong ones. Stoke were hard to penetrate through the centre and the Rodwell change just took width off us for an already congested central midfield area. Stracqualursi would have suited having a winger either side to supply him, but Gueye was brought on too late and Coleman didn't come to life til right at the end either.

We really missed Drenthe's energy and craft today. Today really underlined that we need fresh blood in January, an attacking, creative midfield playmaker is top of my shopping list after that drab, awful, boring performance.
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 05, 2011, 01:57:42 AM
Reply #267

GhostOfDixie

Moyes didn't do anything to change the way we played.  He never does.  That is his way.  He's stubborn and he won't ever change.

Are we any further on then Walter Smith?  I'm not so sure we are.

December 05, 2011, 01:59:02 AM
Reply #268

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Moyes didn't do anything to change the way we played.  He never does.  That is his way.  He's stubborn and he won't ever change.

Are we any further on then Walter Smith?  I'm not so sure we are.

Tbh not sure what more Moyes can do to change the way we play with the players he has.  I can't believe he isn't telling players to move for throw ins for example. 

December 05, 2011, 02:03:21 AM
Reply #269

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
What was most annoying for me is that they seemed to want it more.  Stoke were first to every loose ball (including the one from the corner that they scored from) and this is something we have done poorly for years.

It may have seemed so but again that isn't true. We won our fair share of second balls.

The corner had nothing to do with wanting it more either: annoyingly it's something they had practised and we failed to pick up. They clearly analysed the way we defend corners and based on how we usually clear them (poorly), placed Whitehead strategically in the position the ball was most likely to end up.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.