October 21, 2019, 10:25:43 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Stoke City  (Read 46693 times)

December 05, 2011, 02:06:25 AM
Reply #270

christiffa25

Anyone who cant see that we are playing two strikers every week is just pure clueless!!

Anyone who thinks it doesn't matter moyes has had no money doesn't matter!?!? Again clueless!!

Anyone who doesn't see he can only go with what he's got and what he's got ain't good enough however he sets the tactics up... Well Jesus fucking Christ.... Deluded!!

Before the money completely halted moyes had us (when Donovan came on loan) on the verge.... Since he has not been able to spend a penny whilst all others have spent millions. In some cases 100's of millions. Moyes on the other hand has lost quality players and had fuck all!

We expect better??? Shouldn't settle for this!?!? Were efc!!
My god think where we were before he came??
Think how close he has got us on scraps!?!?
The football at one point were playing!!

He deserves a fucking medal putting up with the shit he has had too!

All IMO of course..... RANT over!!

December 05, 2011, 02:12:34 AM
Reply #271

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
It may have seemed so but again that isn't true. We won our fair share of second balls.

The corner had nothing to do with wanting it more either: annoyingly it's something they had practised and we failed to pick up. They clearly analysed the way we defend corners and based on how we usually clear them (poorly), placed Whitehead strategically in the position the ball was most likely to end up.

From what I remember they had a corner and it was headed out, that's pretty much a loose ball, or maybe the term im looking or is second ball? Either way were usually second to them, we were on that one, Whitehead got his strike in and they scored from it, this could have been avoided if when the ball came out from the corner we had someone following it up. That's the price you pay I suppose if you defend corners with all your players in your own box and don't get out fast enough.  If that was something Stoke worked on then fair play.  I would like to see us have some players ready in that area though when both attacking ad defending corners as it is an area we often lose the ball.
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 05, 2011, 02:25:07 AM
Reply #272

GhostOfDixie

Anyone who cant see that we are playing two strikers every week is just pure clueless!!

Anyone who thinks it doesn't matter moyes has had no money doesn't matter!?!? Again clueless!!

Anyone who doesn't see he can only go with what he's got and what he's got ain't good enough however he sets the tactics up... Well Jesus fucking Christ.... Deluded!!

Before the money completely halted moyes had us (when Donovan came on loan) on the verge.... Since he has not been able to spend a penny whilst all others have spent millions. In some cases 100's of millions. Moyes on the other hand has lost quality players and had fuck all!

We expect better??? Shouldn't settle for this!?!? Were efc!!
My god think where we were before he came??
Think how close he has got us on scraps!?!?
The football at one point were playing!!

He deserves a fucking medal putting up with the shit he has had too!

All IMO of course..... RANT over!!

Oh right.

December 05, 2011, 02:40:49 AM
Reply #273

marky v

Bily's touch today on at least 3 occasions with no opposition player anywhere near him was disgusting thats a concentration error as no proffesional should make them, Osman anonymous why is he the only man who moves at throw ins except its to the other side of the pitch, Coleman runs up an down the line with all the effort but not enough end product and Fellaini for all his talent unless it's a corner coming in produces nothing in the final third i was disappointed with his fear of changing direction and never moving central and instead always passing to Baines as he didn't want to shoot at al or look for a pass; that covers the midfield

Defence Baines as always tries to be the creativity of the side, Jags and Heitinga defensively didn't look too bad unfortunatley on the ball a different story, Hibbert is trying to offer more to the team going forward again (1 good cross though) unfortunatly he's never going to have it as he's one footed the man has never developed as a player since he broke into the team,

Vellios - Movement was terrible and i can see now why he's been an impact player it seemed a start was too much for him he never held it up and never competed enough with their defenders also him and Cahill were never looking for each other, Cahill - never offered anything i feel for him as he doesn't look anywhere near the player we know he is but this has been for quite a while and he may need to sit a couple of games out (if we find another option).

Moyes - subs when were playing poor why not send a message and change more than one to show that it's the players not doing enough instead of small tactical changes like the Rodwell one, by taking a risk and sending 3 subs on straight away says the boss is not happy with this. Straq - christ send him home he doesn't look like he has anything to his game at all, Gueye i want to see more of this lad especially when Drenthe isn't starting we need someone with an attacking mentality in the side

Referee - very poor game is it his fault we got nothing from the game yeah we should blame him we never got a draw cause we would never have won it, if we were still playing now i still don't think we would have had a decent chance.

Heitinga MOM - the only player who realised if Stoke are going to be aggressive why not do it back, our players were too busy looking to the ref for help if its a fight why not fight back if its football try and play the better football  

December 05, 2011, 02:56:12 AM
Reply #274

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
From what I remember they had a corner and it was headed out, that's pretty much a loose ball, or maybe the term im looking or is second ball? Either way were usually second to them, we were on that one, Whitehead got his strike in and they scored from it, this could have been avoided if when the ball came out from the corner we had someone following it up. That's the price you pay I suppose if you defend corners with all your players in your own box and don't get out fast enough.  If that was something Stoke worked on then fair play.  I would like to see us have some players ready in that area though when both attacking ad defending corners as it is an area we often lose the ball.

As I said, defending set-pieces is one of our major weaknesses this season. The reason I'm saying it' was something Stoke had definitely planned is that they managed to pull it off two more times. And I also remember an article about football science and match analysis from a couple of years ago in which Allardyce said that they had been doing  exactly this: using data from previous matches they calculated where the ball was most likely to land after a set-piece and placed a man there. I'm also fairly sure we're doing something similar when we try to plan our defending but it clearly isn't working..
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

December 05, 2011, 03:07:20 AM
Reply #275

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
As I said, defending set-pieces is one of our major weaknesses this season. The reason I'm saying it' was something Stoke had definitely planned is that they managed to pull it off two more times. And I also remember an article about football science and match analysis from a couple of years ago in which Allardyce said that they had been doing  exactly this: using data from previous matches they calculated where the ball was most likely to land after a set-piece and placed a man there. I'm also fairly sure we're doing something similar when we try to plan our defending but it clearly isn't working..

Fair play to them if they had worked on that. Hopefully we analyse that this week and address that for future! having all 11 men back in the box is asking for trouble, effectively gives us no chance of getting first to any ball that lands outside the box after the initial corner has been delivered.
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 05, 2011, 03:29:10 AM
Reply #276

gdog1981

Very poor today. Not many positives the return of Rodwell and the cameo of gueye. Need a striker big time as without Saha we have nothing. Heitinga mom class act at times. Moyes goes on about lack of creativity he needs 2 give Barkley a thought.

December 05, 2011, 03:37:52 AM
Reply #277

steve81

Very poor today. Not many positives the return of Rodwell and the cameo of gueye. Need a striker big time as without Saha we have nothing. Heitinga mom class act at times. Moyes goes on about lack of creativity he needs 2 give Barkley a thought.
he wont he plays it to safe and sticks with his favourites osman and hibbert

December 05, 2011, 03:44:29 AM
Reply #278

steve81

also it amazes me how people like steve bruce and mick mccarthy are sacked and under pressure respectively and yet everton are only a couple of points ahead and moyes has no pressure

December 05, 2011, 03:46:01 AM
Reply #279

chang

We have scored 15 goals this season in the EPL, that is piss poor, and a couple of them penalties?

December 05, 2011, 03:55:12 AM
Reply #280

steve81

We have scored 15 goals this season in the EPL, that is piss poor, and a couple of them penalties?
5 matches failed to score at all people can say its lack of strikers but there hasnt been any movement or creativity in matches this season

December 05, 2011, 03:56:30 AM
Reply #281

GhostOfDixie

also it amazes me how people like steve bruce and mick mccarthy are sacked and under pressure respectively and yet everton are only a couple of points ahead and moyes has no pressure

Nail On The Head!

That is the problem, he has no pressure.  No pressure from the chairman, nor the fans.  Safest job in the world.  Only God has a safer job.

December 05, 2011, 04:05:40 AM
Reply #282

Ross Kemp

Let's be honest, we have been piss poor this season. But hey if you dont spend any money, your not going to progress. We have no creative midfielders, thanks to the sale of piennar and arteta, thanks Blue boy BILL! ;D Drop osman for the love of god. Our strikers are hopeless minus velious. We were shite agaisnt wolves, lucky agaisnt Bolton, and dreadfull today. Long hard season. No doubt.

December 05, 2011, 04:07:21 AM
Reply #283

GhostOfDixie

Let's be honest, we have been piss poor this season. But hey if you dont spend any money, your not going to progress. We have no creative midfielders, thanks to the sale of piennar and arteta, thanks Blue boy BILL! ;D Drop osman for the love of god. Our strikers are hopeless minus velious. We were shite agaisnt wolves, lucky agaisnt Bolton, and dreadfull today. Long hard season. No doubt.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_7167004,00.html

December 05, 2011, 04:12:41 AM
Reply #284

Fellainis Hairdresser

tamworth will fancy their chances here
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!