October 21, 2017, 02:47:35 AM

Author Topic: "Baines priceless"  (Read 2198 times)

February 01, 2010, 01:11:42 AM
Read 2198 times

Endless, Nameless

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/cahill-hails-priceless-baines.html

I know Baines has his critics on here, but I'm with Cahill on this.

I think we could do with another LB to push him for a place, considering all the RBs we have, but he is still putting in a good shift. His crosses yesterday were perfect.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

deCoubertin

February 01, 2010, 01:13:56 AM
Reply #1

Bob Sacamano

He needs competition, without doubt

He has been sub par this season because of it

February 01, 2010, 01:14:45 AM
Reply #2

huck

Agree with Tim. Defo one of the best in the country. He just needs competition.
Le Berry

February 01, 2010, 01:15:59 AM
Reply #3

Endless, Nameless

But does anyone else think that he should be 2nd choice England LB? I hope he is anyway, as Cole is having a lot of injuries at the moment. And I think Bridge is shite.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 01, 2010, 01:18:03 AM
Reply #4

huck

But does anyone else think that he should be 2nd choice England LB? I hope he is anyway, as Cole is having a lot of injuries at the moment. And I think Bridge is shite.

Yup, can't think of anyone better.
Le Berry

February 01, 2010, 01:19:19 AM
Reply #5

NSM

Yes, and now that Wayne bridge is saying he wont play alongside John Terry this could be his chance

February 01, 2010, 01:26:45 AM
Reply #6

charlatan

Hope not, everyone we have that plays for England gets tapped up and fucks off  :wanker:

February 01, 2010, 02:07:37 AM
Reply #7

danielefc

I don't think Baines would really need competition for his place, hes playing for the club he loves he doesn't need any more motivation, I think he gives 110% every game, but we do need some cover there, if he gets injured again we in trouble I'd rather not see Distin legging it down the left hand side overhitting crosses into the area..

February 01, 2010, 03:04:19 AM
Reply #8

Purple Aki

Would agree to an extent, there isn't exactly many brilliant left backs about at the moment

February 01, 2010, 03:20:46 AM
Reply #9

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Warnock of Villa might also be in with a shout for the lb spot?
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

February 01, 2010, 03:52:13 AM
Reply #10

chang

John McLaughlin

Everton left back early 70's - complete nut case I seem to remember, find another like him and it's a step in the right direction.

February 01, 2010, 03:53:41 AM
Reply #11

Gareth

Warnock of Villa might also be in with a shout for the lb spot?

Definitely. Its between him and Baines for Cole's understudy imo, if bridge isn't going to continue.

If Kieran Gibbs at Arse could get fit and have a run of games he could possibly be an outside bet.

February 01, 2010, 03:57:42 AM
Reply #12

chang

When do City play Chelsea next ? .....