July 15, 2020, 05:47:50 PM

Author Topic: Arsenal v Everton  (Read 51945 times)

December 10, 2011, 11:04:05 PM
Reply #270

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Didn't think we played badly, a far better and quicker side beat us.  The players we had out who would have started (Rodwell, Drenthe) would have made a big difference today, that's were we are.  A couple of our first eleven out kills us.  Saha coming off for Distin didn't lose us this game.  We actually looked at our most likely to score from the minute Saha came off the pitch.

December 10, 2011, 11:04:11 PM
Reply #271

ilikebrunettes

:( came for a draw. Got nothing. Not all that surprising.

To be fair we were pretty comfortable in the 2nd, albeit without creating much of anything. But that is the difference when you have striker who knows where the net is.

As I said earlier, we'd be up around 4th too if we had RVP.

dont kid yourself!

We have nobody to create anything for our strikers
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

December 10, 2011, 11:04:56 PM
Reply #272

Shogun

Administrator
we've not had a shot on target in two matches. shocking
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

December 10, 2011, 11:05:14 PM
Reply #273

matty1878

if norwich beat us next week ( and lets not forget thay play football) were fucked. kenwright you twat, were shit lads really shit and have been from the beginning, dont fool ourselves its a relegation scrap in my eyes. goals win you games we cant shoot never mind fuckin score
row u seat 167 park end

December 10, 2011, 11:05:23 PM
Reply #274

American Evertonian

Don't think Arsenal we're that great today, never got out of 1st gear, with better finishing there could and should have had about 4-5.We've managed two shots in about 180 mins of football. Fucking woeful. Gueye and McAleny did more then the useless pair of Saha and Cahill. No doubt Moyes will say we did well to restrict them to just a goal and the usual rubbish about playing well and nothing in the final third.

It is just a shame when you restrict them to a goal and can't do anything yourself. Hell I'd rather us be more prone to all 1-2 goals a game if it meant we scored 1-2 goals a game. Now we have become the team that plays for a draw or sits heavily back if they ever get a goal lead. Our tactics and mentality about attacking is absolutely pathetic.
Are we there yet?

December 10, 2011, 11:06:11 PM
Reply #275

christiffa25

Beaten by a better quality team.  End of really !

December 10, 2011, 11:06:33 PM
Reply #276

Optimistic Blue

dont kid yourself!

We have nobody to create anything for our strikers

Youve got Song, Arteta, Gervinho....
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

December 10, 2011, 11:07:00 PM
Reply #277

Sprooly

It is just a shame when you restrict them to a goal and can't do anything yourself. Hell I'd rather us be more prone to all 1-2 goals a game if it meant we scored 1-2 goals a game. Now we have become the team that plays for a draw or sits heavily back if they ever get a goal lead. Our tactics and mentality about attacking is absolutely pathetic.

what do u expect? we have the worst strike force in the league

December 10, 2011, 11:07:29 PM
Reply #278

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Can anybody feasibly defend the decision to remove Saha and bring on Distin, if you play for a draw you almost inevitably lose.

The sub in itself tried to address the problem (albeit a problem created by Moyes) - that is wasn't sticking up front with Saha up top. We did get things sticking more for that brief time when Fellaini pushed up...but then we missed Fellaini in the middle.

I don't think Saha should be starting games like this if our game plan relies on the striker holding the long ball (yes that is what we are playing often) and distributing it...not in Saha's locker. If Vellios isn't ready, try Strac or try the McAleny kid as at least he'd put pressure on defenders - something else Saha is unwilling to do.

December 10, 2011, 11:08:30 PM
Reply #279

American Evertonian

Honestly we need a 4-4-2 against Norwich. We have shown time and time again this 4-4-1-1 is not going to work for us. Moyes needs to shake things up and currently these next 3 games we desperately need to get points from.
Are we there yet?

December 10, 2011, 11:08:36 PM
Reply #280

steve81

moyes has to piss off now sick of this shite

December 10, 2011, 11:10:29 PM
Reply #281

Ross Kemp

Just remember guys...we put the effort in after Xmas...."We roll our sleeves up and, normally, after Christmas, climb the table." - Jageilka Vice captain.

Wonderful words.

December 10, 2011, 11:11:24 PM
Reply #282

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
we've not had a shot on target in two matches. shocking

Really? That does sound right, but still shocking nonetheless. Or maybe appalling is the word. Time to give the kids a chance? Gueye, McAleny, Vellios, Barkley...FTW??? Or I'd take a shot on target to start with.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 11:13:03 PM by blueToffee »

December 10, 2011, 11:11:47 PM
Reply #283

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

6 points from our next 2 games is a must anything less, then we're in trouble, that's what I believe!

I agree with the comments that we're usually conceding 4's, 5's and 6's against these so at least we at turned up.
“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”

December 10, 2011, 11:12:50 PM
Reply #284

Thom

Administrator
Defensively we were much better. One or two mistakes but they were further up the pitch as opposed to being on the edge of the box, so that was fairly pleasing.

Heitinga and Fellaini should have closed Song down quicker, but you can't take anything away from Van Persie's finish. The ball to him and the finish were world class.

Was strange to see McAleny come on ahead of Barkley and Vellios, and despite Saha being woeful I wouldn't have brought Distin on; solely for the fact that Heitinga had been our best player playing as a centre back. We shouldn't be disrupting the backline during a match unless absolutely necessary.

Norwich and Swansea matches are massive now. Anything less than six points isn't worth thinking about.