July 15, 2020, 06:35:41 PM

Author Topic: Arsenal v Everton  (Read 51946 times)

December 11, 2011, 12:22:41 AM
Reply #300

American Evertonian

Shogun, as much as Heitinga would improvement from Neville in midfield he has been massive for us at CB. I would not take him from there. If anything I would have had Bily in the middle and Gueye on the left. That would have given us some creativity and a different look than what Le Arse was expecting to get.
Are we there yet?

December 11, 2011, 12:29:20 AM
Reply #301

Azz

Checked out BBC Sport on my phone before I left work quickly and seen that Distin come on for Saha... I was thinking what the fuck, surely someone has got that wrong... but no... jesus christ!

McAleny coming on seemed a bit random given how Vellios has performed off the bench.   Noticed him and Gueye, both came on at the same time... judging by the times, too late once again? 

Again, I wonder what Barkley is thinking.

December 11, 2011, 12:42:21 AM
Reply #302

bluestevie

so my prediction of a one goal defeat came true but i really wish it hadn't and that we actually had a go at them today. we are so stale and flat this season its almost untrue, without meaning to flog a dead horse we badly need some fresh faces in january, just something to liven the squad up

my dad, whose a red, had an interesting theory as to explain some of moyes' tactics and subs recently. maybe he is trying to prove a point to kenwright and co that replacements and funds are very much needed otherwise things like distin replacing saha will keep happening, causing detriment to on field results 

i think moyes needs to see that one up top has been used to death now and experiment with the formation, something like 4-4-2, 5-3-2 or 4-3-3 could be a saving grace for us. right now as it is its becoming a chore to get behind the team
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

December 11, 2011, 02:54:26 AM
Reply #303

cantoffee

if norwich beat us next week ( and lets not forget thay play football) were fucked. kenwright you twat, were shit lads really shit and have been from the beginning, dont fool ourselves its a relegation scrap in my eyes. goals win you games we cant shoot never mind fuckin score

lol Norwich play football? Are you kidding me? For some reason everyone seems to think that teams below us play football and lose, but they really don't.

December 11, 2011, 03:01:30 AM
Reply #304

cantoffee

so my prediction of a one goal defeat came true but i really wish it hadn't and that we actually had a go at them today. we are so stale and flat this season its almost untrue, without meaning to flog a dead horse we badly need some fresh faces in january, just something to liven the squad up

my dad, whose a red, had an interesting theory as to explain some of moyes' tactics and subs recently. maybe he is trying to prove a point to kenwright and co that replacements and funds are very much needed otherwise things like distin replacing saha will keep happening, causing detriment to on field results 

i think moyes needs to see that one up top has been used to death now and experiment with the formation, something like 4-4-2, 5-3-2 or 4-3-3 could be a saving grace for us. right now as it is its becoming a chore to get behind the team

Moyes is not trying to lose us games, that's absolute insane.

If you look at the bench today though, the best player on there was Distin, and when he plays up top Fellaini is far more effective than anyone else, it's just that we then lose him in midfield.

The problem isn't Moyes, it's that right now, our best striker is a DM because we have a threadbare squad. We desperately need money or the kids are going to have to become extremely good over the next few months.

December 11, 2011, 03:16:15 AM
Reply #305

steve81

lol Norwich play football? Are you kidding me? For some reason everyone seems to think that teams below us play football and lose, but they really don't.
they actually have a go at teams and attack rather than defend the entire match

December 11, 2011, 03:20:51 AM
Reply #306

matty1878

they actually have a go at teams and attack rather than defend the entire match

exactly
row u seat 167 park end

December 11, 2011, 03:25:59 AM
Reply #307

cantoffee

Obviously you didn't watch their match against the shite, arsenal, man city, or united. Sat back the whole match in each of them.

December 11, 2011, 03:30:00 AM
Reply #308

bluegrant

Really? That does sound right, but still shocking nonetheless. Or maybe appalling is the word. Time to give the kids a chance? Gueye, McAleny, Vellios, Barkley...FTW??? Or I'd take a shot on target to start with.
nail on the head blue.we have nothing to lose so lets put them out.ffs fergies playing them in the champions league hes rebuilding the team so are we (hopefully)ps did anyone see that pass of sahas in midfield ? he passed it to fellani ,fellani went foward and saha just stood there  freaking pathetic from a striker.

December 11, 2011, 05:05:31 AM
Reply #309

Azz

Some great crossing by Bily being shown on MOTD.  :/

December 11, 2011, 05:21:30 AM
Reply #310

EFCdanger

At least we're not Fulham. £10mil on a striker (we can only dream of at the moment) and they look more defensive and negative than us!
Danger!

December 11, 2011, 05:37:17 AM
Reply #311

American Evertonian

Obviously you didn't watch their match against the shite, arsenal, man city, or united. Sat back the whole match in each of them.

Apparently you did not either b/c that is exactly what they did not do against L'Pool or United
Are we there yet?

December 11, 2011, 06:29:10 AM
Reply #312

cantoffee

Apparently you did not either b/c that is exactly what they did not do against L'Pool or United

lolol

Yea sure, they were dire against Liverpool and got out of that game based on last ditch defending and some John Ruddy magic.

December 11, 2011, 07:43:27 AM
Reply #313

JoeHart

back from London.

we where poor again, reminded me of the city game where it was clear moyes was playing for a draw.

moyes is boring, negative, predictable - im sick of this faker.

we are the best club he will ever manage and he knows it, whcih means he will hang on and on and on until we have a chairman with balls to fire him and move us forward.

Everton forever

December 11, 2011, 09:59:10 AM
Reply #314

nomorechang

RIP
Moyes is not trying to lose us games, that's absolute insane.

If you look at the bench today though, the best player on there was Distin, and when he plays up top Fellaini is far more effective than anyone else, it's just that we then lose him in midfield.

The problem isn't Moyes, it's that right now, our best striker is a DM because we have a threadbare squad. We desperately need money or the kids are going to have to become extremely good over the next few months.

Spot on  :thumbsup:
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "