November 22, 2017, 10:51:20 PM

Author Topic: 'Billy Liar'  (Read 9671 times)

December 09, 2011, 01:38:01 AM
Reply #15

stirlingblue

Could have sworn there were 600 people chanting 'Billy Liar' outside Goodison before the Wolves game.

No wait, sorry, Graeme Sharp just told me it was one man and his dog. Fair enough.

Every time I see someone have a snidey little pop at people who have no faith left in Kenwright and want him out, I wince a little.

Still, never mind, Kenwright said that there will be investment this coming January. Let's eagerly anticipate that then, eh?

This isn't what the thread is about, it was simply about the use of one phrase. There are plenty of other avenues for this agenda.

deCoubertin

December 09, 2011, 01:47:38 AM
Reply #16

dave1001

Could have sworn there were 600 people chanting 'Billy Liar' outside Goodison before the Wolves game.

No wait, sorry, Graeme Sharp just told me it was one man and his dog. Fair enough.

Every time I see someone have a snidey little pop at people who have no faith left in Kenwright and want him out, I wince a little.

Still, never mind, Kenwright said that there will be investment this coming January. Let's eagerly anticipate that then, eh?

When has Kenwright said there would be investment this Jan??
He has said there would be funds available, to which Moyes has said there MAY be non but no one has said anything about investment?

I'm not blue union and I'm not a Kenwright lover! I think both parties have their rights an wrongs! 

December 09, 2011, 02:00:32 AM
Reply #17

DEL PIERO

fine with it tbh. not in the bu either but good luck to them.
everton are magic

December 09, 2011, 02:13:27 AM
Reply #18

Lapeno

Isn't it used with regards to the play 'Billy Liar' rather than just a name made up.

Given Mr Kenwright's theatrical leanings and the fact the play is about an impoverished northern boy who indulges in fantasies and dreams of living in the big city as a successful comedy writer.

December 09, 2011, 02:27:16 AM
Reply #19

stirlingblue

Isn't it used with regards to the play 'Billy Liar' rather than just a name made up.

Given Mr Kenwright's theatrical leanings and the fact the play is about an impoverished northern boy who indulges in fantasies and dreams of living in the big city as a successful comedy writer.

If this is true then I take back my criticism, it's actually rather clever.

Problem is, how many people actually know that it means this? I'd consider myself fairly well read and I hadn't heard of that.

December 09, 2011, 02:53:33 AM
Reply #20

Leslie Chow

Brilliant thread, really interesting.

Jesus wept.

December 09, 2011, 03:17:31 AM
Reply #21

Boredstiff

He's called it because he tells lies, predominantly to do with building stadiums, player transfers and really anything financial.

Allied to the fact he's a shifty fucker who banned shareholders asking questions particularly about whether the club is for sale or if he just wants free money while him and his pals keep control (he calls it investment).

It's not his fault he ain't a billionaire but 12 yrs on and every other club appears to have been sold, some more than once, and we haven't even though he says he's looking 24/7.

If you want a measure of his character read the Blue Union interview that exposed his buffoonery.
There's another EFC web site run by a similar prick to Kenwright, he ran a snide little posting about Gary Speed within 48 hrs of his death. Don't bother with it - the initials "T" and "W" are prominent.

December 09, 2011, 03:35:25 AM
Reply #22

dave1001

He's called it because he tells lies, predominantly to do with building stadiums, player transfers and really anything financial.

Allied to the fact he's a shifty fucker who banned shareholders asking questions particularly about whether the club is for sale or if he just wants free money while him and his pals keep control (he calls it investment).

It's not his fault he ain't a billionaire but 12 yrs on and every other club appears to have been sold, some more than once, and we haven't even though he says he's looking 24/7.

If you want a measure of his character read the Blue Union interview that exposed his buffoonery.

Some clubs more than once...
City- Sinatra got done for laundering/ fair enuf Dubai
Pompey- x4 all ended up in administration
Birmingham- relegated fella done for laundering
Blackburn- turning club to ruins
Liverpool- Gillet an hicks ran club down/ new owners doin good.
Utd- Club in massive debt bt still goin gd coz its utd.
Chelsea- Roman funds thm bt its his toy! Not achieved owt in a month sacks manager.
Villa- looked good bt thn went tits up. Oneill left along with majority of main squad. (Similar position to us maybe fillin in with youngsters)

Again I'm just trying to make fair points here. Don't see why we haven't been took over but when you look at clubs that have an where they have gone on to. I don't blame Kenwright for been picky because if he chose a Yeung/Venkys/Hicks/Pompey an we got ruined he would be hated, but there must be someone secure out there.

December 09, 2011, 03:52:43 AM
Reply #23

Boredstiff

Some clubs more than once...
City- Sinatra got done for laundering/ fair enuf Dubai
Pompey- x4 all ended up in administration
Birmingham- relegated fella done for laundering
Blackburn- turning club to ruins
Liverpool- Gillet an hicks ran club down/ new owners doin good.
Utd- Club in massive debt bt still goin gd coz its utd.
Chelsea- Roman funds thm bt its his toy! Not achieved owt in a month sacks manager.
Villa- looked good bt thn went tits up. Oneill left along with majority of main squad. (Similar position to us maybe fillin in with youngsters)

Again I'm just trying to make fair points here. Don't see why we haven't been took over but when you look at clubs that have an where they have gone on to. I don't blame Kenwright for been picky because if he chose a Yeung/Venkys/Hicks/Pompey an we got ruined he would be hated, but there must be someone secure out there.

It's a chance a lot of us are prepared to take especially when it's rumoured Sheikh Mansoor the Citeh benefactor was interested but Billy was up to his neck in the Kirkby debacle and turned his back.

Billy is a subject all on his own, if you wanna know the litany of charges against him go on Toffeeweb and say "that Kenwright is an honest bloke".
Accountants, solicitors, architects will fly onto their keyboards with a well rehearsed list.
Put a tin hat on.
There's another EFC web site run by a similar prick to Kenwright, he ran a snide little posting about Gary Speed within 48 hrs of his death. Don't bother with it - the initials "T" and "W" are prominent.

December 09, 2011, 04:05:09 AM
Reply #24

Bily No Pace

It's a chance a lot of us are prepared to take especially when it's rumoured Sheikh Mansoor the Citeh benefactor was interested but Billy was up to his neck in the Kirkby debacle and turned his back.

Deal in facts when it suits. Rumours when it doesn't.
Bily No Pace has no signature

December 09, 2011, 04:09:20 AM
Reply #25

dave1001

Billy is a subject all on his own, if you wanna know the litany of charges against him go on Toffeeweb and say "that Kenwright is an honest bloke".
Accountants, solicitors, architects will fly onto their keyboards with a well rehearsed list.
Put a tin hat on.

Like I've said I'm not Blue Union an I'm not Kenwright lover! I'm just trying to balance things out. I heard Lerner was interested in us before Villa, none of us will ever actually no the real insight of events no matter how many sauced up peeps we have in the real world or online.
Also get things back on topic, Billy Liar is just a nickname. If your gonna get pissed off at people giving people names then you shouldn't go games. God knows how many times iv heard names for players! Its what fans do!

December 09, 2011, 04:12:13 AM
Reply #26

Boredstiff

and if you don't confuse the 2 there's not a problem - is there?

December 09, 2011, 04:19:54 AM
Reply #27

Bily No Pace

and if you don't confuse the 2 there's not a problem - is there?

I guess not
Bily No Pace has no signature

December 09, 2011, 04:21:37 AM
Reply #28

stirlingblue

Like I've said I'm not Blue Union an I'm not Kenwright lover! I'm just trying to balance things out. I heard Lerner was interested in us before Villa, none of us will ever actually no the real insight of events no matter how many sauced up peeps we have in the real world or online.
Also get things back on topic, Billy Liar is just a nickname. If your gonna get pissed off at people giving people names then you shouldn't go games. God knows how many times iv heard names for players! Its what fans do!

I'm not getting pissed off, my original point is that it makes people come across as petty and does their arguments no favours.

December 10, 2011, 02:26:08 AM
Reply #29

Verm

NSNO Subscriber

Didn't Kenwright himself say they were interested though?
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."