November 21, 2017, 09:19:43 PM

Author Topic: 'Billy Liar'  (Read 9666 times)

December 10, 2011, 02:29:06 AM
Reply #30

Bily No Pace

Didn't Kenwright himself say they were interested though?

No. You mis-information is how rumours start.
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/114687.html
Bily No Pace has no signature

deCoubertin

December 10, 2011, 02:29:58 AM
Reply #31

Optimistic Blue

Its funny how he gets called "Billy Liar" yet no one can pin point the exact lies hes told....
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

December 10, 2011, 02:31:28 AM
Reply #32

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Its funny how he gets called "Billy Liar" yet no one can pin point the exact lies hes told....

'there will be funds for David to spend this *insert either Summer or January*.......'
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 10, 2011, 02:32:01 AM
Reply #33

Verm

NSNO Subscriber

Hmm, fair enough, pretty sure I read something with more direct quotes than that though.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 10, 2011, 02:36:06 AM
Reply #34

DEL PIERO

i would like to know the truth behind the fortress sports fund story.
everton are magic

December 10, 2011, 02:43:51 AM
Reply #35

moomin

Kings dock money is ring fenced, is the lie i will never forgive him for.

December 10, 2011, 03:06:01 AM
Reply #36

Optimistic Blue

'there will be funds for David to spend this *insert either Summer or January*.......'

This january has not come round yet, if moyes spends a penny, then he isnt a liar is he?
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

December 10, 2011, 03:12:50 AM
Reply #37

Boredstiff

This january has not come round yet, if moyes spends a penny, then he isnt a liar is he?

yes he is.
There's another EFC web site run by a similar prick to Kenwright, he ran a snide little posting about Gary Speed within 48 hrs of his death. Don't bother with it - the initials "T" and "W" are prominent.

December 10, 2011, 03:57:54 AM
Reply #38

Ridge

'Moyes takes piss'

December 10, 2011, 04:09:28 AM
Reply #39

nomorechang

RIP

the problem with that story though is that Kirkby was still an option at that time so there was a stadium plan in place .... So was this just Kenwright trying to concoct some other bit of cock and bull or did the Sheiks look at the Kirkby plan and pissed themselves laughing ?
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 10, 2011, 04:18:57 AM
Reply #40

Bily No Pace

the problem with that story though is that Kirkby was still an option at that time so there was a stadium plan in place .... So was this just Kenwright trying to concoct some other bit of cock and bull or did the Sheiks look at the Kirkby plan and pissed themselves laughing ?

I don't think you've read the article.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 04:22:43 AM by Bily No Pace »

December 10, 2011, 04:39:16 AM
Reply #41

nomorechang

RIP
I don't think you've read the article.

"Of course you can throw Manchester City at me but Manchester City had the stadium situation and they had, I believe, a lot of lucky manoeuvring going on. Had I been in the right place at the right time, which was very important to that deal, then yes [Mansour would have bought Everton]."

Is he not saying that because City already had a modern new stadium that this was an important factor ? ... This is without bringing Amanda Staverley into the mix who Kenwright has claimed in the past to have amongst those who were searching for a buyer ? the same Ms Staverley who has massive contacts in Dubai ? so despite that he wasn't in the right place at the right time ? 24/7 ??? My Arse
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 10, 2011, 04:44:32 AM
Reply #42

Bily No Pace

"Of course you can throw Manchester City at me but Manchester City had the stadium situation and they had, I believe, a lot of lucky manoeuvring going on. Had I been in the right place at the right time, which was very important to that deal, then yes [Mansour would have bought Everton]."

Is he not saying that because City already had a modern new stadium that this was an important factor ? ... This is without bringing Amanda Staverley into the mix who Kenwright has claimed in the past to have amongst those who were searching for a buyer ? the same Ms Staverley who has massive contacts in Dubai ? so despite that he wasn't in the right place at the right time ? 24/7 ??? My Arse

Yes they had a new stadium, which was a factor according to Bill. We had a planned stadium which if had gone through would have been years off. Not comparable situations really..

He's also saying that luck was very important, which I think we can all agree with. City at the time had nothing that more than the likes of Sunderland, or Newcastle, or excluding the stadium, us. Perhaps the sheikh thought he was buying United, ala Robinho.....

December 10, 2011, 05:17:09 AM
Reply #43

Major Clanger

He's also saying that luck was very important, which I think we can all agree with.

In a way.

It's just our bad luck that we're stuck with Kenwright and a couple of dodgy "businessmen" with a controlling stake.

Calling him Billy Liar is childish though. It may be justified but childish nevertheless.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

December 10, 2011, 09:47:36 AM
Reply #44

the roy vernon plan

I can understand why Billy No Brains has problems in understanding
why someone who lies a lot gets called a Liar, but the rest of you?

Lets not go over the whole history of the Liar's porkies but since the thread
is now talking about Kings Dock, I certainly recall Mr Kenright poo-pooing a question
of whether he could come up with the capital with the immortal
"The money is ringfenced".

Mr Kenrirght long lost the right to being taken seriously and actually Billy Liar is too
good a name for him. The original Billy Liar had periods of truth.
For those who think he is not a liar, reread the infamous interview or what the owners of Kings Dock wrote about EFC