November 20, 2017, 03:49:22 AM

Author Topic: 'Billy Liar'  (Read 9656 times)

December 10, 2011, 10:22:20 AM
Reply #45

nomorechang

RIP
Yes they had a new stadium, which was a factor according to Bill. We had a planned stadium which if had gone through would have been years off. Not comparable situations really..

He's also saying that luck was very important, which I think we can all agree with. City at the time had nothing that more than the likes of Sunderland, or Newcastle, or excluding the stadium, us. Perhaps the sheikh thought he was buying United, ala Robinho.....

Or perhaps he tried to negotiate with Kenwright and hit a brick wall because he put numerous obstacles in his way  so he moved down the road ?
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

deCoubertin

December 10, 2011, 10:45:31 AM
Reply #46

Shogun

Administrator
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 10, 2011, 11:28:14 AM
Reply #47

School of Science

Here's one for you "Goodison Park will soon lose its safety certificate", there is actual footage of him saying that.Stunning naivety,hmmm surely you would check that statement out before saying it.I know I would.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

December 10, 2011, 12:10:00 PM
Reply #48

nomorechang

RIP
do you sleep?

No ...  I'm an insomniac
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 10, 2011, 02:05:00 PM
Reply #49

Bily No Pace

Or perhaps he tried to negotiate with Kenwright and hit a brick wall because he put numerous obstacles in his way  so he moved down the road ?

Evidence of this: nil.
Bily No Pace has no signature

December 10, 2011, 02:39:43 PM
Reply #50

the roy vernon plan

What does it matter what we call him. His actions speak for themselves.

I have jotted down a few of his porkies. And would enjoy anyone adding to the list.
But above all lets not forget that Mr Kenright has not invested one penny of his own money in EFC..

Billy Liar Whoppers;

-Mr Kenright has been working 24/7 over the last ten years to secure
new owners for the club.
-Mr Kenright said that  Kirkby would be a world class stadium.
- Mr Kenright said that Rooney would not leave EFC
-Mr Kenright said that the money for Kings Dock was ring-fenced.
- Mr Kenright said that Goodison would fail its Safety Examination.

December 10, 2011, 03:01:25 PM
Reply #51

nomorechang

RIP
Evidence of this: nil.

except for a series of leaked sensitive e mails on toffeeweb that were subsequently taken off the site by the owners .Not long after they were declared as genuine by the person who posted them and reluctantly removed them ..... you can doubt their veracity if you wish , Myself and many others don't . The fact that Kenwright then admitted to some sort of contact with the Arabs makes them even more believable .
Alan Ball

December 10, 2011, 03:11:03 PM
Reply #52

Bily No Pace

except for a series of leaked sensitive e mails on toffeeweb that were subsequently taken off the site by the owners .Not long after they were declared as genuine by the person who posted them and reluctantly removed them ..... you can doubt their veracity if you wish , Myself and many others don't . The fact that Kenwright then admitted to some sort of contact with the Arabs makes them even more believable .

What emails? The ross ones?

December 10, 2011, 03:26:48 PM
Reply #53

nomorechang

RIP
Alan Ball

December 10, 2011, 03:28:57 PM
Reply #54

Bily No Pace

December 10, 2011, 03:48:24 PM
Reply #55

nomorechang

RIP
Alan Ball

December 10, 2011, 03:50:39 PM
Reply #56

Bily No Pace

December 10, 2011, 04:00:41 PM
Reply #57

nomorechang

RIP
Alan Ball

December 10, 2011, 04:23:30 PM
Reply #58

Boredstiff

Billy Bullshit was the original epithet the "liar" tag is sheer exasperation on his reluctance to answer pertinent questions on how the club is in this state of paralysis, existing but not competing, with the indignity of becoming a feeder club.

Throw in the "24/7 looking for investment" without accomplishment and regardless of his nicknames he simply shouldn't be in charge.

He boasts how he doesn't take a wage, which begs the question what's in it for him?

The only answer is a big return on his shareholding which would explain why we have'nt been sold - if his terms are unrealistic.

Of course his stance of there's no-one "suitable" to continue his sterling work might be true ....... or you might think it's bullshit.
There's another EFC web site run by a similar prick to Kenwright, he ran a snide little posting about Gary Speed within 48 hrs of his death. Don't bother with it - the initials "T" and "W" are prominent.

December 10, 2011, 06:35:40 PM
Reply #59

Mattie_J

When did he say this?

I know he said there will be money but isnt that Arteta money?

According to the press we got 15M for the sale of Arteta, Yak and Beckford and astoningly the clubs debt are now 30M compared to the 45M it was up to that point.

Source being the Everton accounts released yesterday. In which the loss increased to 5.4M from the 5.0M the year before, even though the sale of Bellefield is accounted for this latest fiscal year.

MJ