November 23, 2017, 08:03:10 AM

Author Topic: 'Billy Liar'  (Read 9675 times)

December 10, 2011, 06:53:04 PM
Reply #60

Mattie_J

Liverpool- Gillet an hicks ran club down/ new owners doin good.

Actually, I disagree with you on this one. G&H did a BK when they bought the club, they used the club to pay back what they used to buy the club for. Secondly least G&H used millions and millions to fund the manager. Benitez got all the players he wanted, so it wasn't G&H's fault that Benitez couldn't produce results. They even used their NHL teams (Dallas Stars and Montreal Canadiens) to fund money for Benitez to spend.

MJ

deCoubertin

December 10, 2011, 07:01:03 PM
Reply #61

Mattie_J

Its funny how he gets called "Billy Liar" yet no one can pin point the exact lies hes told....

During the public heard about Destination Kirkby, Robert Elstone said under oath that none of the current owners were currently interested in selling

MJ

December 11, 2011, 08:09:30 PM
Reply #62

Connavar

BK has had the "Billy Liar" tag for as long as I can remember to be honest. The chant on the last march was started by someone in the procession and taken up quite voiceferously by the vast majority, despite Dave Kelly trying to dictate the official chant of "Let Go if you love the club".

With regards to Bill and his "lies", I find it unbelievable that some people still give him the time of day, especially those Blues who I find for the most part good lads and girls who have their head screwed on yet ignore the facts and digest the verbal diahorria that they're fed. The facts have been freely laid bare and available on places such as this forum and toffeeweb, unlike certain other websites/forums who remove anything remotely anti-Board. You could literally talk for hours about the promises that this board have made and for whatever reasons have failed to deliver. The failure should be bad enough, but coupled with the lies, I've no idea why they all haven't been hounded out of town by now. The pathetic excuse that "Bill is a Blue" won't wash anymore. The only thing that he has presided over that was in the best interests of EFC is the appointment of David Moyes almost 10 years ago now.

December 11, 2011, 08:10:11 PM
Reply #63

Connavar

That's not exactly fair, he should be applauded for FF, but even that has been tarnished.

January 11, 2012, 08:47:26 AM
Reply #64

blueski

Thought this thread could use a bump - what do we think now - do we still "wince" hearing it?
Nil Satis

January 11, 2012, 08:48:54 AM
Reply #65

blueski

Its funny how he gets called "Billy Liar" yet no one can pin point the exact lies hes told....
here's one
Nil Satis

January 11, 2012, 01:20:32 PM
Reply #66

Bily No Pace

here's one

Yes but how many lies has Grantchester told? GRANTCHESTER OUT
Bily No Pace has no signature