November 21, 2018, 09:46:22 AM

Author Topic: everton v norwich city  (Read 38860 times)

December 17, 2011, 10:52:47 PM
Reply #30

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Bad result again, but at least we managed to score.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

December 17, 2011, 10:54:47 PM
Reply #31

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Oh well, at least you'd already planned for it.

Maybe I know my team too well then? If I do, it's clear our opponents do.

We need to start with a different team next week. No more Cahill or Saha up front for a start.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

December 17, 2011, 10:58:44 PM
Reply #32

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Was Cahill injured or was it just a straight swap?

Just not very good again.

December 17, 2011, 11:00:39 PM
Reply #33

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
15 shots on target, 13 off and 13 corners. It's hardly a shit performance. That can't be put down to poor strikers or poor tactics. They defend and blocked as if their lives depended on it, and Ruddy had some fantastic saves.

We can all have a moan when we play badly and don't get any shot s on target. But on some days, things just don't fall your way. This was one of those days.

Some people will just moan for the sake of it.

Very few were clear cut chances though, were they? We did do better than we have done of late, but it is so clear that the tactics and personnel are not working and that's what's so frustrating.

I hope that Moyes has seen today that we do have options and that some of the old guard can start to be culled off because they are not the future and they are not performing.

December 17, 2011, 11:08:35 PM
Reply #34

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Pluses for me:

Hibbert did very well.

Drenthe has so much passion and class, I would be gutted if we didn't keep him.

Geueye also played well.

Straq did an ok job when on and I'd like to see more of McLeny too.

The most important plus will be if Moyes starts to change things.