August 23, 2019, 02:45:36 AM

Author Topic: Everton V Swansea City  (Read 41680 times)

December 19, 2011, 12:13:59 AM
Read 41680 times

Thornton_19

He'll start the same team as he did against Norwich, maybe swap Gueye and Drenthe

December 20, 2011, 11:02:28 PM
Reply #1

Thornton_19

What i'd like to see is completely different to everyone else and what will inevitably happen.

Howard

Hibbert/Coleman   Heitinga    Jagielka    Baines

Rodwell       Fellaini      Barkley

Gueye              LS/DS/AV/CM         Drenthe

I want to see exciting attacking football, it may be different to what everyone else is thinking but this is what I want.  The striker situation is tricky at the moment but with two attackers to the side I believe whoever it is will score goals. I'd prefer Donovan to be in the middle of that when he arrives.

I really like that idea as a formation, The only problem is the striker could get isolated if we were on the back foot!

December 20, 2011, 11:34:07 PM
Reply #2

Thornton_19

I don't believe they should, i'd like to see the 3 attackers stay up front as the outlets as the 7 other players and Howard should be able to defend. The attackers shouldn't have that responsibility, for e.g. when we played Arsenal the counter attacks they made although not as effective as they could have been, were very dangerous because they left they're 3 main players up at the half way line.

Suppose so! Id have to try it out against a proper crap team though like blackburn. Wouldnt risk it against a good pacey possesion side like Swansea

December 21, 2011, 10:52:57 PM
Reply #3

Thornton_19

---------------------------------Howard----------------------------------
Hibbert---------Heitinga-------------Jagielka-----------Baines
Coleman--------Fellaini--------------Osman------------Drenthe
---------------------------Stracq----------------------------------------
----------------------------------Saha--------------------------------------

SUBS;  Mucha, Distin, Neville, Barkley, Bilyaletdinov, Cahill, Gueye/McAleny

Coleman's ruled out aint he?