November 22, 2018, 01:45:06 AM

Author Topic: Match Ratings versus Swansea  (Read 8690 times)

December 22, 2011, 07:22:40 AM
Reply #15

howard1334

Everyone did their job tonight some better than others.

Howard. 7 not tested apart form one shot and was comfortable.

Hibbert. 6 Great defensively, not bad getting forward but not great either.

Jags. 7 Hardly troubled unlucky with the header at their end.

Heitinga. 7 Again, hardly troubled kept the swansea forwards at bay.

Baines. 8 Ever present and was unlucky not to get an assist or two. That pass, awesome, just unlucky that there wasnt anyone to latch onto it.

Drenthe. 7 Hmm mixed opinions I have to say. Great player dont get me wrong but hes a greedy bastard with the ball. I admire his work ethic and he makes us tick but i noticed towards the end before he got subbed he was misplacing passes and trying the spectacular. More style than substance but still a cracking player.

Fellaini 9. Might sound generous but he was everywhere, dont get me wrong his did misplace a few passes but he was onto everything when the ball was near him. trying to feed the ball through all the time looking for space. The lad has an unreal awareness at times. Quality player!  :batty:

Osman. 8 Great goal from the little man. Was shocking a few games ago but he was good against Norwich and was great today. Very tinatious and didnt give up. God loves a trier! :)

Coleman. 5 Looked off the pace and tried but was rightly subbed. Shame for him as he would have terrorised Swanseas left hand side.  

Gueye. 6 He did well after Coleman went off but I think he needs game time to imporve he knows how to get into positions but needs the experience to be able to convert his chances harsh not to score. Got a soft spot for Gueye. Think he'll flourish with a run of games.

Neville. 7 Steadied  the ship with Felli in the middle and didnt look out of place. Not to discredit Swansea but I think if it had been any other team he might have struggled.  

Saha. 4. He is the same as Cahill, he needs dropping. I know we didnt have anyone to replace him but he didnt really add anything apart form that chance header from the Drenthe cross that was it. I know he sits deep but he needs to be getting in the box earlier that cross from Baines was needing saha on the end of it where was he? Needs dropping. But wont!

Subs.
Cahill. 5. Same as Saha needs to be left out.  As soon as he came on we changed up and I was getting worried that Swansea were going to do us on the counter. Im afraid his time is up and it breaks my heart to say this as I love Cahill.

Strac. 3 OMG  seriously? This guy couldnt finish a wank in a whore house. Shite!

Moyes. 6 Done well to start Drenthe and to drop Cahill. But i think he needs the team to go for broke at times we are far far far too pedestrian at times and luckily Swansea didnt get one over us but other teams will if they set out to attack us. The change from def to the front is sooooo slow if this was addrressed I think we'd be able to put a few past  a few teams as their defence wont get back in time. But hey ho!

Strac was not that bad at all... I mean what was he supposed to do with the little time and zero service he got.. He is a solid target man, and at least exists as another option.

December 22, 2011, 07:32:28 AM
Reply #16

arteta4spain

sorry was that meant you agree with that? haha sorry!

December 22, 2011, 05:58:40 PM
Reply #17

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Osman was sublime.

December 22, 2011, 06:26:12 PM
Reply #18

the roy vernon plan

Osman and Drenthe were great and Osman has been our
most consistent player over the last month or so.

Also I was impressed by Fellani.

Hibbert was bad. Neville was worse. And they have been like that
forever. Whenever we get a result with these two mediocrities playing
we should be very grateful.

Gueye looks like he has it in him though. Steady performance from the rest
against a disappointing Swansea who had a real go at Newcastle on saturday. 

December 22, 2011, 06:33:12 PM
Reply #19

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Osman and Drenthe were great and Osman has been our
most consistent player over the last month or so.

Also I was impressed by Fellani.

Hibbert was bad. Neville was worse. And they have been like that
forever. Whenever we get a result with these two mediocrities playing
we should be very grateful.

Gueye looks like he has it in him though. Steady performance from the rest
against a disappointing Swansea who had a real go at Newcastle on saturday. 

I think people's pre-conceptions of these two players colour their opinions massively.  Hibbert and Neville were very good last night.  Neville shouldn't be in the team but he was good last night.

December 22, 2011, 07:09:21 PM
Reply #20

the roy vernon plan

Pre-conceptions, that's rich from you.

Every week you rate Hibbert highly, regularly giving him
a 7 or 8, way above other players, even when he plays very poorly.
The fact is that it when he gets the ball he is embarassing.

Last night he was poor as usual. We obviously disagree but the fact
that he has never scored and very rarely gets a shot off tells its
own story. Added to the fact that he is not as a good defender as he was
makes his selection a mystery at least for me.

Not as a big as mystery as Neville who is shit in midfield and has been for
a long time.. 

December 22, 2011, 07:19:37 PM
Reply #21

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Pre-conceptions, that's rich from you.

Every week you rate Hibbert highly, regularly giving him
a 7 or 8, way above other players, even when he plays very poorly.
The fact is that it when he gets the ball he is embarassing.

Last night he was poor as usual. We obviously disagree but the fact
that he has never scored and very rarely gets a shot off tells its
own story. Added to the fact that he is not as a good defender as he was
makes his selection a mystery at least for me.

Not as a big as mystery as Neville who is shit in midfield and has been for
a long time.. 

Haven't been here long or something?  Hibbert hasn't been getting rated "way above" other players at all. I reckon I have given him MOTM once all season.  He has arguably been one of a couple of consistent players in our team this year.  When he plays shit I give him shit same as I do with anyone.  I would say the only player I am probably to generous to consistently is Bily.

Not sure how him not scoring equates to him being a bad defender?

December 22, 2011, 07:25:24 PM
Reply #22

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Hibbert has been consistently solid this year hence the large majority not just silas rating him at 7

Neville wasnt needed last night imo but depsite that he had a decent game

I am gonna stick my neck out here and I hope I am wrong but I really dont think Gueye will make it
Simply simply lovely

December 22, 2011, 11:54:59 PM
Reply #23

taffytoffee

I know moyes wants to protect Barkley but how much better would we have been last night if he'd have played rather than neville in midfield, neville is shite, the ball was going to him last night and you just knew he was either gonna pass the easy pass backwards or do one of his pathetic chips forward and lose the ball, hes just not comfortable on the ball, barkley would transform our midfield along side felli and we might actually start scoring more goals.
Felli was a class apart last night, my mate who is a big swans fan went to the game as well last night and hes always saying to me how good the swans midfield is, i said to him after the game felli destroyed them and he had to agree.

must have to praise the swans fans who didnt shut up all game they were brilliant, i dont go to many games now but that is the worst iv experienced the atmosphere at goodison

December 22, 2011, 11:57:31 PM
Reply #24

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Is there any truth to the big time Charlie rumours about barkley?
Simply simply lovely

December 23, 2011, 12:08:36 AM
Reply #25

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Is there any truth to the big time Charlie rumours about barkley?

You only have to see him play to realize he thinks he's better than what he is.

December 23, 2011, 12:13:55 AM
Reply #26

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I was told that's why moyes won't play him. seems stupid to me. hope he ain't like that
Simply simply lovely

December 23, 2011, 12:14:56 AM
Reply #27

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Fellaini MoM. Was outstanding yesterday. Close chest control is the best I have seen from anywhere. He must have an afro under his shirt or something.

Drenthe, Osman and Hibbert all very very good.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 23, 2011, 12:16:17 AM
Reply #28

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I was told that's why moyes won't play him. seems stupid to me. hope he ain't like that

I dont think he's played since UTD at home has he, and he was truly disgraceful in that match dont think I seen him attempt a pass all game.

December 23, 2011, 12:18:48 AM
Reply #29

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
No don't think so. he may get a game over xmas
Simply simply lovely