November 25, 2017, 08:08:14 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland V Everton  (Read 28893 times)

December 27, 2011, 12:26:38 AM
Reply #255

nomorechang

RIP
You mean when they came up from the championship...yea they did. Bought people like Chopra and got Andy Cole on a free. However since then they've sold Bent and Jones and lost Welbeck (who was a loan, by the way) and Gyan. They've also sold their Rodwell (Henderson, lol). It's worth pointing out that we beat Sunderland 7-1 the year they spent all this money.

You can kid yourself all you want, we have the squad to beat Sunderland, QPR, Norwich etc, it's just Moyes' poor tactics today that got in the way.

yeah ,we have the players to beat Sunderland away from home when they've improved since o neill arrived ... when we have a fully fit squad of players on form , but it certainly doesn't help if Coleman , Rodwell and Fellaini never even got on the coach and the manager has to plan for 10 games in the next 5 weeks with that squad ... I repeat a point today is not a bad result ... get over it
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 27, 2011, 12:28:59 AM
Reply #256

Bily No Pace

yeah ,we have the players to beat Sunderland away from home when they've improved since o neill arrived ... when we have a fully fit squad of players on form , but it certainly doesn't help if Coleman , Rodwell and Fellaini never even got on the coach and the manager has to plan for 10 games in the next 5 weeks with that squad ... I repeat a point today is not a bad result ... get over it

I never said it was a bd result. In fact I thought we were lucky today in some aspects and unlucky in others. Saying that we have a better squad than Sunderland, even without those factors you mentioned. We should have won or at least not relied on Howard Webb for the point.
Bily No Pace has no signature

December 27, 2011, 05:34:44 AM
Reply #257

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
It was a horrible game by both teams. The wind had as much to do with it than anything. Any sort of long ball caused endless problems for defenders. A point was a fair resut
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 27, 2011, 09:15:36 AM
Reply #258

blueski

It was a horrible game by both teams. The wind had as much to do with it than anything. Any sort of long ball caused endless problems for defenders. A point was a fair resut
if its windy isn't the thing to do is keep the ball on the ground when in posession???
Nil Satis

December 27, 2011, 10:57:54 AM
Reply #259

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
if its windy isn't the thing to do is keep the ball on the ground when in posession???

The wind was affecting ground passes too. Playing with a major wind is the worse thing. You can't even get your balance right to control balls or make passes.
Only Sessegnon looked good in those conditions
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 27, 2011, 02:55:57 PM
Reply #260

gdog1981

Just seen the highlights, played worse TBH.  Had a few chances, Distin should have buried one at the end.  If we had a hungry, class striker as Baines put some great balls in.  Maybe worth giving Denis a go, at least he can win headers and it may just work if we can get guys around him.

The wind was shocking, any team would struggle in those conditions.  I have played games before myself in gale force winds and I tell you it's a lottery.  Decent point, lets move on the WBA with confidence with Felli and Jack back too.