November 22, 2017, 09:03:52 PM

Author Topic: 2011 spending  (Read 4548 times)

December 24, 2011, 04:07:55 PM
Read 4548 times

nomorechang

RIP
http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/2011-12-24/footballs-biggest-scrooge-revealed-spurs-everton-and-newcastle-feature-smallest-spending-clubs-2011?p=2

Ourselves , Spurs and the barcodes all made a profit on transfer dealings in 2011 .. Newcastle are doing well but they have not really dipped into the 35m they robbed from the RS for Carroll , and were able to pay the wages demanded for Demba Ba  . Spurs have spent a lot of money prior to last year and their squad is large enough for them to consider trimming it even further . Can't help admiring what Pardew has done though .. the big test of course is if they can sustain it and if Ashley will let them spend any more in January . .
The figures above don't take into account what we received for Bellefield and as of yet we really have no idea how much Moyes is to be allowed to spend .   " Watch THAT Space "  :eh:
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

deCoubertin

December 24, 2011, 05:19:07 PM
Reply #1

Blue Phoenix

The word 'profit' implies success. All our 'profit' went entirely to the banks.

On a related note, after 31st May 2012, Everton have to find another 24m, as 24m worth of loans are going to mature become due to the banks after that point.

So expect Fellaini and/or Rodwell and/or Bily all to be sold, and the fees received all go to the banks to pay off this 24m.

And obviously none of that money to be spent on replacements. So the squad gets smaller, and you can see a mile off what's gonna happen - Gueye replaces Bily, Barkley replaces Rodwell, and maybe we'll get a player on loan to replace Fellaini.

We're basically canibalising ourselves, and eventually there will come a time when there will be no-one left to sell and we'll have the maximum number of loan players at the club. That's when the problems will really start.

Maybe Uncle Bill the Evertonian will do a Leeds and sell the Goodison Park stadium at that point, getting money to pay off the banks, and we'll become tenants. I'd say it doesn't bear thinking about but it's too important to ignore.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 05:23:05 PM by Blue Phoenix »

December 24, 2011, 05:29:12 PM
Reply #2

Trowel

If loans are maturing we'll renegotiate to extend them - they don't necessarily need to be paid off.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

December 24, 2011, 06:13:40 PM
Reply #3

nomorechang

RIP
The word 'profit' implies success. All our 'profit' went entirely to the banks.

On a related note, after 31st May 2012, Everton have to find another £24m, as £24m worth of loans are going to mature become due to the banks after that point.

So expect Fellaini and/or Rodwell and/or Bily all to be sold, and the fees received all go to the banks to pay off this £24m.

And obviously none of that money to be spent on replacements. So the squad gets smaller, and you can see a mile off what's gonna happen - Gueye replaces Bily, Barkley replaces Rodwell, and maybe we'll get a player on loan to replace Fellaini.

We're basically canibalising ourselves, and eventually there will come a time when there will be no-one left to sell and we'll have the maximum number of loan players at the club. That's when the problems will really start.

Maybe Uncle Bill the Evertonian will do a Leeds and sell the Goodison Park stadium at that point, getting money to pay off the banks, and we'll become tenants. I'd say it doesn't bear thinking about but it's too important to ignore.

I just can't understand how they've let it get that bad and still try to brush it under the carpet
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 24, 2011, 06:23:59 PM
Reply #4

Mayor Farnum

May. Our new owners won't be too happy.

December 24, 2011, 06:26:33 PM
Reply #5

Gash

Global Moderator
If loans are maturing we'll renegotiate to extend them - they don't necessarily need to be paid off.

This.

Every year we have loans maturing, all they do is renegotiate them, and probably borrow a smidge more if it's available. Wasn't it fairly recently we had a £9m loan maturing and is was replaced with a £14m loan?

It's not ideal and it's certainly not the way to run a business, but at the moment it's not quite as bad as the picture painted by BP. Given time it could be though.

December 24, 2011, 06:39:55 PM
Reply #6

Blue Phoenix

It's not ideal and it's certainly not the way to run a business, but at the moment it's not quite as bad as the picture painted by BP. Given time it could be though.

I really hope I'm wrong, but my gloomy outlook is based on our track record of the past 3 years/6 transfer windows.

I remember when Arteta was sold, and there were some people on here who were adamant that the club would be spending the Arteta money in January. And look where we are now - the usual Moyes comments about January being a 'difficult time to buy' and how we may not have money to spend. Surprise surprise.

Sorry, don't want to be on a downer on Christmas Eve like, and I really hope things can be turned around. It just looks so unlikely, and it's just so frustrating because the same things keep happening, yet there is no sense of urgency to change things.

December 24, 2011, 06:50:16 PM
Reply #7

BootleBlueBoy

its a vicious cycle, we take out loans to pay other loans off, we negotiate loans, every time we do one or the other its always at a higher interest rate because we are so risky, we generated 27m extra income this year and yet we havnt paid off any of our debt. the club pays 10s of millions in interest every year and its only getting worse. more player sales are inevitable without investment or new owners
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 06:56:26 PM by BootleBlueBoy »

December 24, 2011, 07:21:40 PM
Reply #8

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
its a vicious cycle, we take out loans to pay other loans off, we negotiate loans, every time we do one or the other its always at a higher interest rate because we are so risky, we generated 27m extra income this year and yet we havnt paid off any of our debt. the club pays 10s of millions in interest every year and its only getting worse. more player sales are inevitable without investment or new owners

Is it a definite that we haven't reduced our debt at all despite player sales?  Fucking atrocious.

December 24, 2011, 07:48:04 PM
Reply #9

Bluesnapper

This.

Every year we have loans maturing, all they do is renegotiate them, and probably borrow a smidge more if it's available. Wasn't it fairly recently we had a 9m loan maturing and is was replaced with a 14m loan?

I am led to believe the loans that mature this summer total 24million, wonder how does Kenwright propose to pay them?

December 24, 2011, 07:49:31 PM
Reply #10

Bily No Pace

Is it a definite that we haven't reduced our debt at all despite player sales?  Fucking atrocious.

I think he's referring to the recent accounts that were released. Of course these accounts are for the previous tax year up until April 2011. Nobody knows, or will know until this time last year what our debt now looks like unless Everton tell us early. Of course nobody would believe them.
Bily No Pace has no signature

December 24, 2011, 07:50:38 PM
Reply #11

Bily No Pace

I am led to believe the loans that mature this summer total 24million, wonder how does Kenwright propose to pay them?

'If loans are maturing we'll renegotiate to extend them - they don't necessarily need to be paid off.'

December 24, 2011, 08:02:29 PM
Reply #12

Gash

Global Moderator
I am led to believe the loans that mature this summer total £24million, wonder how does Kenwright propose to pay them?

Same as they do with every loan, the club will renegotiate them.

December 24, 2011, 08:07:02 PM
Reply #13

Bluesnapper

Same as they do with every loan, the club will renegotiate them.

IF they can.

The VIBRAC loan was taken out because they couldnt negotiate a new loan with a UK bank.

December 24, 2011, 08:08:20 PM
Reply #14

Bily No Pace

IF they can.

The VIBRAC loan was taken out because they couldnt negotiate a new loan with a UK bank.

You know that, how?