November 23, 2017, 01:38:03 PM

Author Topic: 2011 spending  (Read 4553 times)

December 24, 2011, 08:10:48 PM
Reply #15

blueski

Same as they do with every loan, the club will renegotiate them.
This.

The only problem the club have faced is with all the economic issues, money for a risky enterprise like football comes at a higher price than in boom years, so our cost to maintain the debt has risen and can be expected to stay higher in the foreseeable future
Nil Satis

deCoubertin

December 24, 2011, 08:11:46 PM
Reply #16

Bluesnapper

You know that, how?

I will rephrase it 'they couldnt negotiate a new loan with a UK bank at the rates that they wanted'.

December 24, 2011, 08:12:46 PM
Reply #17

Gash

Global Moderator
IF they can.

The VIBRAC loan was taken out because they couldnt negotiate a new loan with a UK bank.

Obviously if they can, that goes for anyone refinancing a loan.

IIRC the VIBRAC loan was an additonal loan not a refinance? Refinancing is far easier than additional borrowing.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 08:14:28 PM by Gash »

December 24, 2011, 08:12:50 PM
Reply #18

Bily No Pace

I will rephrase it 'they couldnt negotiate a new loan with a UK bank at the rates that they wanted'.

Not really rephrasing is it? It's a completely different statement.
Bily No Pace has no signature

December 24, 2011, 08:19:40 PM
Reply #19

Gash

Global Moderator
Obviously if they can, that goes for anyone refinancing a loan.

IIRC the VIBRAC loan was an additonal loan not a refinance? Refinancing is far easier than additional borrowing.

My mistake, it was a refinance not additional borrowing. According to the club anyway.

December 24, 2011, 08:35:13 PM
Reply #20

BootleBlueBoy

My mistake, it was a refinance not additional borrowing. According to the club anyway.

thats how elstone has put it, a refinancing of a existing loan.

the accounts dont include player sales but they do include bellefield, so despite an 8m increase on income everton still lost 5.4m this year (2010-2011) so thats 13.4m everton have to make up next year. the player sales will certainly aide the financial issues, but a large proportion of the player sales will have gone to pay off interest
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 08:40:56 PM by BootleBlueBoy »

December 24, 2011, 09:22:31 PM
Reply #21

christiffa25

Why just because moyes says he may look at the loan market for a striker in Jan mean that he's got no Arteta money!?!?

The man is talking correct... Jan is a terrible time to buy.. Overpriced players usually. If it's better to take a quality player like Defoe on loan knowing it's just for 6 months and looking again in the summer for a permanent then si be it.

People jump to there own conclusions based on moyes interviews. A sensible comment regarding a loan and all of a sudden it's " the Arteta money has gone to the banks"

It's boring!!

December 24, 2011, 09:28:20 PM
Reply #22

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking bleak thread

December 24, 2011, 09:40:35 PM
Reply #23

BootleBlueBoy

Why just because moyes says he may look at the loan market for a striker in Jan mean that he's got no Arteta money!?!?

The man is talking correct... Jan is a terrible time to buy.. Overpriced players usually. If it's better to take a quality player like Defoe on loan knowing it's just for 6 months and looking again in the summer for a permanent then si be it.

People jump to there own conclusions based on moyes interviews. A sensible comment regarding a loan and all of a sudden it's " the Arteta money has gone to the banks"

It's boring!!

no one is jumping to conclusions, u can see the terrible financial state we are in, its all their in the accounts, what is boring is how predictable everton are, kenwright comes out and says moyes will have money to spend and when it comes to transfer deadline day we dont buy anyone. lost count of how many times iv heard that

December 24, 2011, 10:24:09 PM
Reply #24

Paul.

still pretty sure Bellefield is not in the accounts. Rowan sent me an email confirming this.

and people are getting a bit hysterical.. " 10's of millions in loans every year " .  i might be wrong, but isn't the loan agreements around £4.5 / 5m a year ?
Who lit the fuse on your tampon ?

December 24, 2011, 10:28:36 PM
Reply #25

BootleBlueBoy

still pretty sure Bellefield is not in the accounts. Rowan sent me an email confirming this.

and people are getting a bit hysterical.. " 10's of millions in loans every year " .  i might be wrong, but isn't the loan agreements around 4.5 / 5m a year ?

bellefield is in this years accounts, their on our site if u want to check em The Blue Union

correct me if am wrong paul but didnt u make that same quote a few months ago?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 10:31:13 PM by BootleBlueBoy »

December 24, 2011, 10:30:02 PM
Reply #26

Bily No Pace

People have to realise that 10million interest on 50million of debt is 20% APR. People who believe this is the case are outstandingly idiotic.
Bily No Pace has no signature

December 24, 2011, 10:30:17 PM
Reply #27

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I'm fairly certain it's £4.5 / 5m a day.

December 24, 2011, 10:33:06 PM
Reply #28

Blue Phoenix

It's boring!!

Okay. At one point can we not 'jump to conclusions' then? We haven't spent a transfer fee on a first team player purchase for nearly 2 years and 4 months.

Why do you have this incredibly optimistic view that the Arteta money will be spent, when the Piennaar money wasn't, the Yak money wasn't and the Beckford money wasn't?

I actually agree that January IS a terrible time to be buying players - WHICH IS WHY we should be buying players in the summer.

But we don't because all the money goes to the banks.

They're taking us for fools - it's all very easy to publicly hand-wring and blame the terrible January transfer market for not buying anyone - all very convenient, especially when you have no money to spend in the first place and have no real intention of buying anyone in January, or indeed any time of the year.  

December 24, 2011, 10:35:50 PM
Reply #29

BootleBlueBoy

People have to realise that £10million interest on £50million of debt is 20% APR. People who believe this is the case are outstandingly idiotic.

for the ntl loan we pay around about 14% interest on 26m, considering we have a fair few loans or mortgages all around similar interest rates it adds up to quite large figures at the end of the year