November 22, 2017, 05:19:28 PM

Author Topic: 12 year anniversary  (Read 1633 times)

December 26, 2011, 11:36:27 PM
Read 1633 times

DEL PIERO

ironically aginst sunderland.

if i have it right bill kenwrights first game as our custodian was boxingday 1999. 12 years later what is the verdict? where are we and how do we go forward? (i'm no fan but whats the opinions)
everton are magic

deCoubertin

December 27, 2011, 12:56:31 AM
Reply #1

sharpattack

As if this thread isn't going to go the same way as all the others on this subject.
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

December 27, 2011, 01:25:49 AM
Reply #2

Tony hibberts right foot

just do everyone a favour and lock the thread now!

December 27, 2011, 01:31:56 AM
Reply #3

Fellainis Hairdresser

Bore off
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

December 27, 2011, 01:44:55 AM
Reply #4

DEL PIERO

« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 01:47:11 AM by DEL PIERO »
everton are magic

December 27, 2011, 02:19:13 AM
Reply #5

tafftoff

Bill is no different to the majority of Chairmen, they love the kudos of owning a Prem club and is looking to max his share return when he sells, hence the bizarre zeal for the hideous Destination Kirkby idea. Only Jack  Hayward - Wolves and Jack Walker - Blackburn are real examples of footballing philanthropy.

Bill's major problem is he's 6 years past his sell by date because his failure to attract money has relegated us to the non competitors within the Prem. He plays on the "true blue" stuff to keep himself in office exploiting his ability with the media and as long as we're not fighting relegation he survives.

The rub is fans of a certain vintage find it anathema while others accept it as reality so a split focussed on his conduit - Moyes the accomplice or Moyes the saviour - is evolving.

The present situation is shit IMO with the banks holding all the assets leaving only  player sales at a profit as the way of sustaining our existence.

I hate resorting to this but fuck it ..... we are EVERTON ..... we shouldn't be drifting around like this, thanks Bill for riding in when we needed you but you should have rode out a long time ago.

December 27, 2011, 02:37:43 AM
Reply #6

DEL PIERO

i get the impression there is a bit of the peter johnson about him - in so much as the idea of running an EPL team is good, with plenty of kudos but the reality is very different and costs more money than they imagined. a bit simplistic i know bt thats one parallel.

i'm just unsure if there is anyone out there for us anymore - the billionaires are going to the french and spanish leagues now.
everton are magic

December 27, 2011, 02:53:58 AM
Reply #7

Bily No Pace

Can I ask why it's ironic it's against Sunderland?
Bily No Pace has no signature

December 27, 2011, 02:57:11 AM
Reply #8

Mayor Farnum

We hadn't been serious players in the top flight long before he took over.

December 27, 2011, 03:04:53 AM
Reply #9

phillyt

We hadn't been serious players in the top flight long before he took over.

At absolutely no point have we been major players in the premier league under kenwright,

We have had numerous opportunities to move forward under kenwright but he has let his ego and pride get in the way of every one,

Kings dock, champs league qualification, fa cup final, the emergence of Rooney, all times that could have been used to propel the club forward in different ways. That man has throttled the life out of everton, the fact we are still a perm club is in spite of that mans ineptitude,
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

December 27, 2011, 03:14:11 AM
Reply #10

DEL PIERO

Can I ask why it's ironic it's against Sunderland?

first game was also against them boxing day 1999:

Everton                 5-0  Sunderland          40,017
Hutchison 16, 26                                       
Jeffers 41                                             
Pembridge 61                                           
Campbell 72                                           

everton are magic

December 27, 2011, 03:17:41 AM
Reply #11

Bily No Pace

first game was also against them boxing day 1999:

Everton                 5-0  Sunderland          40,017
Hutchison 16, 26                                       
Jeffers 41                                             
Pembridge 61                                           
Campbell 72                                           

I see, thanks.
Bily No Pace has no signature

December 27, 2011, 03:26:19 AM
Reply #12

DEL PIERO

I see, thanks.

no significance on the result, but for a bit of nostalgia check out some of the other scorers that day 3 ex-blues scoring for other teams. full link for that days boxing day results:
http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/99-00/results/results19.htm
everton are magic

December 27, 2011, 06:32:09 AM
Reply #13

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
If when he took over and someone said you would be a top 8 team sometimes challenging for Europe I would of bit there hand off
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 27, 2011, 08:02:51 AM
Reply #14

Fellainis Hairdresser

yeah alright mate

To sum up .... Relegation candidates to europe qualifiers to mid table , so forwards and then backwards but its all blame kenwright on here none stop, so unless you hate him your opinion does not matter!
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!