November 24, 2017, 07:17:08 PM

Author Topic: 'Wilfried' Bony  (Read 2347 times)

December 29, 2011, 08:05:55 PM
Read 2347 times

AidyEFC9

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/chelsea-everton-target-bony-i-mayve-played-last-vitesse-arnhem-game-2586451

I have seen him linked to us previously and as ya do ive been on youtube and he looks like he can finish and as a bit of pace about him, and he fashions his game on Drogba!.

Drogba was a late bloomer and this lad as a lot going for him already by the looks of it and would probably be cheap with him coming from struggling Vitesse in Holland. Got 12 goals in 21 games since joining them and did well at Sparta Prague previously aswell, 22 goals in 59 games.

Only 23 and possibly in our price range if Kenwright is true to his word (HA!) and gives Moyesy money in January like he promised.

Wilfried Bony

deCoubertin

December 29, 2011, 08:14:58 PM
Reply #1

AidyEFC9

These clip shows a bit more about him, and it's not just all goals and making him look great, it shows his misses but also is work rate and strength and he looks like he could be an handfull for defenders.

Wilfried Bony at Vitesse Arnhem [HD]

Wilfried Bony at Vitesse Arnhem [HD] #2

I'll give him one thing, he gets into good positions and seems a clever finisher, doesn't panic and just hit things. If the rumours are true and he is cheap, then this could be one of those under the radar type moves by Moyes?!.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 08:23:37 PM by AidyEFC9 »

December 29, 2011, 08:25:00 PM
Reply #2

Zaschrona

He is out of our price range, Vitesse bought him for something like 5 mil. euro year ago. But he is really good player, he totally dominated Czech league.

December 29, 2011, 08:33:35 PM
Reply #3

AidyEFC9

Do ya reckon Zaschrona. I think they signed him for just over 4m euros but Vitesse have been shit and by the sounds of it he wants out so who knows?. I don't think he would be worth silly money though, what price was you thinking of Zaschrona?.

December 29, 2011, 09:31:24 PM
Reply #4

Fynci

Is his nickname Daddy Cool or something?!
Cool + 380
Tool - 0

December 29, 2011, 09:48:31 PM
Reply #5

Trowel

Interesting looking lad - his hold-up strength and determination reminds me of a young Yakubu if anything.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

December 29, 2011, 10:34:08 PM
Reply #6

GWS

He was on trial at Liverpool FC in 2007 but was not offered a contract.

Even more reason to give him a chance.

December 29, 2011, 10:36:17 PM
Reply #7

Zaschrona

Do ya reckon Zaschrona. I think they signed him for just over 4m euros but Vitesse have been shit and by the sounds of it he wants out so who knows?. I don't think he would be worth silly money though, what price was you thinking of Zaschrona?.
Vitesse have been shit? They are 6th in Eredivisie. That's not that bad as they have a lot of money to spend for a Holland club. I think they would want something like at least 8 mil..

December 29, 2011, 11:27:42 PM
Reply #8

fast lane

He has indeed been mentioned before, as I said the prevoius time, he's very hot and cold.
On his good days, he is similar to Didier Drogba, in that he is very strong and has a good eye for goal.

If we can afford him is something else.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

December 30, 2011, 12:50:53 AM
Reply #9

AidyEFC9

Vitesse have been shit? They are 6th in Eredivisie. That's not that bad as they have a lot of money to spend for a Holland club. I think they would want something like at least 8 mil..

Are they?. I must of been thinking of last season this season if you get what i mean cos Albert Ferrera (i think it was him, ex Barca, Chelsea & Spain FB?) was in charge and doing rubbish with them. I didn't know they'd come into money either so no wonder there fortunes have changed.

8m seems alot for him although he's young and looks to have a lot going for him and tbh, to me, looks the kind of striker we want and need, strong, puts himself about and wants to get in the box and on the end of things and looks like he can finish when given the chance.

Im a bit surprised we haven't been linked with Jelle Vossen again, we was linked to him in the summer on a few occasions for around about 6m but Genk are no longer in any European competition so i would imagine his price wouldn't be so demanding due to that, and when ive seen him in the champions league he's looked a decent player and got a couple of goals aswell, a goal against Chelsea and a very good finish against either Valencia or Leverkusen?!.

Could be worth a punt, and plays upfront on his own for Genk with de Bruyne playing off of him so would fit into the 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 formation, which ever way you look at it, we play. I'd imagine with Genk being out of Europe of any sort, they wouldn't be so resistant in keeping him and maybe 4 or 5 million would get him?. Surely if we had something like 2, 3 million then that would be enough for a down payment and pay whatever else on the drip?!.

With Bill promising money to spend next month im hoping he's true to is word and gives Moyesy something, how ever much it is, so that we can sign someone decent and im just throwing some names out there that we've been linked to and that i thought we might be able to afford?!.

Then again, me thinking Bill will be true to his word and give Moyesy some decent money in January is just stupid in itself so whats the point hoping?. We'll probs end up with another young striker from abroad that wont be no good to us for another few years or someone decent brought in on loan who makes an impact but then we cant afford to sign him permanently for next season and beyond!.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 12:55:43 AM by AidyEFC9 »

December 30, 2011, 03:45:42 AM
Reply #10

Bigjmill

Does no one ever look at these videos of these potentially great strikers and think , " but we don't have the midfielder / winger that creates those chances ! "... taking nothing away from the lad.
REMOVED FOOTER TO SHUT Sir Stealth Up !

December 30, 2011, 08:13:24 PM
Reply #11

AidyEFC9

Does no one ever look at these videos of these potentially great strikers and think , " but we don't have the midfielder / winger that creates those chances ! "... taking nothing away from the lad.

I do mate, that's why i said on another thread i hope Moyesy doesn't think a striker alone will solve all our problems as we need creativity in the centre of the park to feed the striker ammunition!.

It's all well and good working it down the flanks and getting crosses in but you need more tricks up ya sleeve than that. If it doesn't work out down the flanks you need to be able to come inside and have someone who can unlock defences with that eye of the needle type through ball to pick out a strikers run.

I hope to god he isn't just banking on our goalscoring problems being solved by just signing a striker, we need creativity aswell either in behind the striker or in the centre of midfield and Pienaar on loan for the rest of the season would be a good shout along with a striker IMO.