December 14, 2017, 06:17:56 AM

Author Topic: Best away support ?  (Read 8579 times)

February 02, 2010, 07:09:05 AM
Read 8579 times

Синий русский язык

Alright, im doing a survey in college and would like to know .. Who do you think has the best away support in the prem ? And . What is the best away day you have had in the prem and why ?thanks in advance

deCoubertin

February 02, 2010, 07:16:06 AM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Wigan have the best following.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

February 02, 2010, 07:27:34 AM
Reply #2

Bluenose 91

As far as being vocal and the amount of fans I would say Stoke are up there.

February 02, 2010, 07:52:40 AM
Reply #3

bloody scally

Best away day for me was the final or the semi last year. Best away support is Stoke

February 02, 2010, 08:02:53 AM
Reply #4

blueblood1988

Everton
Newcastle
Stoke
Liverpool
Man utd
Millwall
Chelsea
Hull City
Leeds United
Nottingham Forest

Also for your project it may be good to look at teams that geographically have a long way to travel to most games not necessarily all the big clubs, as it becomes more of an adventure for them

Norwich city (been to a few of there away games as my m8 supports them, always pack the place out, very loud but also friendly people).

Plymouth Arglye

Carlilse United

Swansea

AFC Wimbledon

February 02, 2010, 02:22:00 PM
Reply #5

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Portsmouth ... and Stoke    great following  shit team

February 02, 2010, 04:18:04 PM
Reply #6

Jamokachi

Fulham. [/thread]

February 02, 2010, 09:09:44 PM
Reply #7

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Newcastle United
Stoke
Arsenal
Man United

Best away day I've had (in the league I assume) was Either Man City away last season or Stoke away last season. Stoke had a great atmosphere and I think we were the first PL team to beat them there last season. Man City away was great as it's always nice to beat them, especially in the last minute.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 02, 2010, 11:28:09 PM
Reply #8

Flusky

I'm surprised nobody has said Spurs. Their fans might be gobshites but they always bring a lot of noise to Goodison.

February 03, 2010, 02:44:10 AM
Reply #9

Pienaar's 6th dreadlock from the right

Burnley fans are rowdy little nobheads.

February 03, 2010, 02:46:49 AM
Reply #10

Jamokachi

This.

Despite going 3 times and losing 3 times, it's always a day out I enjoy and the atmosphere before and during the game is brilliant.

One of my fave days out.

I meant they've got the best away following :thumbsup: Taking the piss I was.

February 03, 2010, 02:48:26 AM
Reply #11

Gash

Global Moderator
Wigan have the best following.

Great away support tonight. Most of them have stayed away!

Just over 3000 at the DW tonight in the cup against Notts County. I know it's a shit night, moneys tight and it a cup game against a lower division team, but that is a disgrace for an EPL team. Queen of the South V Dundee last week there was 3500 at the game, enough said.

February 03, 2010, 02:55:43 AM
Reply #12

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
For consistency I'd say United.

They've always had a big away support and usually make a lot of noise.

Which makes it all the sweeter when we shut them up! Although not with much regularity recently unfortunately.

Not sure I'd be able to pick a favourite away day. They always depend on the result!

February 03, 2010, 03:21:50 AM
Reply #13

blueblood1988

Great away support tonight. Most of them have stayed away!

Just over 3000 at the DW tonight in the cup against Notts County. I know it's a shit night, moneys tight and it a cup game against a lower division team, but that is a disgrace for an EPL team. Queen of the South V Dundee last week there was 3500 at the game, enough said.

That Victor moses is really moving up in the world, he could of been playing fr newcastle in front of 55,000 but hes chosen wigan, cant they just fuck off out the prem.

Imagine if everton set up a rugby team and entered the superleague

the everton tigers.....

oh wait ???

February 03, 2010, 04:40:29 AM
Reply #14

plowman2

Sunderland, never stop singing and have to live too close to the barcodes for anyones health.
He's been devastingly underwhelming at goodison and seems to have developed a belief he can run straight through solid objects.
(Sunderland fan's fume at possible signing of McGeady on loan)