November 20, 2017, 09:31:37 PM

Author Topic: Best away support ?  (Read 8510 times)

January 13, 2011, 03:30:16 PM
Reply #30

cad

For consistency I'd say United.

They've always had a big away support and usually make a lot of noise.

Which makes it all the sweeter when we shut them up! Although not with much regularity recently unfortunately.

Not sure I'd be able to pick a favourite away day. They always depend on the result!

^^

Pains me to say it, but the barcodes have always had great away support.
veni veni veni

Don't worry yourself into an early grave...it will happen soon enough.

deCoubertin

January 13, 2011, 03:41:15 PM
Reply #31

M.Fellaini 25_Iggzy_1878_

Best Away for me is Chelsea away Carling Cup Semi Final Leg 1. great Atmosphere the lot.

Best Away fans I'd have to say most of the teams that get promoted that year i.e Burnley, Blackpool etc. Most games they no they'll get beat but turn up in numbers all in great voice aswell.

Uploaded with ImageShack.usIggzy1989 and Kazza1878 on a never ending Tour!

January 14, 2011, 07:07:06 PM
Reply #32

EFC2302

Agree with Nomorechang, a bit off track but the AEK fans were tremendous, as were the Metalist fans.
Andy Hinchcliffe has a wicked left foot!!!!!  :tongue:

January 14, 2011, 07:14:53 PM
Reply #33

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Best Away for me is Chelsea away Carling Cup Semi Final Leg 1. great Atmosphere the lot.

Best Away fans I'd have to say most of the teams that get promoted that year i.e Burnley, Blackpool etc. Most games they no they'll get beat but turn up in numbers all in great voice aswell.

That Chelsea game was great.

Well up until the last min og......

And not going through in the end.......

Anyway, good shout especially referencing the Yak with him going though, I'll always remember his goal in that game. The stand was rocking with our noise after it. I also remember hearing a lot of their fans saying how loud we were after the game.

I'd disagree about the promoted teams fans though. They do usually take a lot away in the first year as they are excited and are enjoying the "PL experience" however they quickly melt away if they stay up and the reality of being sh*t starts to wear them down.

January 14, 2011, 07:31:54 PM
Reply #34

fritzlsloveden

That Chelsea game was great.

Well up until the last min og......

And not going through in the end.......

Anyway, good shout especially referencing the Yak with him going though, I'll always remember his goal in that game. The stand was rocking with our noise after it. I also remember hearing a lot of their fans saying how loud we were after the game.

I'd disagree about the promoted teams fans though. They do usually take a lot away in the first year as they are excited and are enjoying the "PL experience" however they quickly melt away if they stay up and the reality of being sh*t starts to wear them down.

I was also at that game, stands out as one of the best atmospheres for me. Remember when the Yak nearly broke the net with his goal and the celebrations me and my mate ended up in another row.

Also at that game some legend had everyone in stitches after managing to get the announcer to ask if 'Michael Shields please phone home'
grim

January 15, 2011, 12:02:52 AM
Reply #35

JoeHart

we where belting out the shields song and then SWP scored.
Everton forever

January 15, 2011, 12:07:19 AM
Reply #36

fritzlsloveden

we where belting out the shields song and then SWP scored.

Haha fucking hell i literally was going to put that except i couldnt remember whether he scored or set it up. remember when it was at 1-1 though and getting the ball out for a throw instead of a corner was like getting the winner!
grim

January 15, 2011, 12:37:53 AM
Reply #37

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I was also at that game, stands out as one of the best atmospheres for me. Remember when the Yak nearly broke the net with his goal and the celebrations me and my mate ended up in another row.

Also at that game some legend had everyone in stitches after managing to get the announcer to ask if 'Michael Shields please phone home'

Ahahahah I was there with my queq of a mate and we were sitting right next to the fella who done it, never sat down all game what a night.