November 25, 2017, 05:38:05 PM

Author Topic: Donovan press conference - any minute  (Read 7613 times)

December 17, 2009, 02:11:59 AM
Read 7613 times

Chris

Administrator
http://la.galaxy.mlsnet.com/t106/index.jsp

deCoubertin

December 17, 2009, 02:17:07 AM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
I've just logged on to that. did I pick that up right that the announcement is that he has signed a new contract with Galaxy.

He may go on a 10 week loan to Everton, or another club.

December 17, 2009, 02:19:34 AM
Reply #2

Chris

Administrator
That's all it was yeah. Great.

December 17, 2009, 02:20:05 AM
Reply #3

iykyh1878

Has just annouced signed a new 4 year contract with LA Galaxy. Bruce Arena mentioned interest from Everton but not done deal yet - but likely to be done with Everton. Any loan deal would only be for 10 weeks.

December 17, 2009, 02:20:35 AM
Reply #4

Gash

Global Moderator
Bruce Arena has just said, no loan agreed but it will probably be with Everton.

December 17, 2009, 02:23:00 AM
Reply #5

bedfordtoffee

Typical. Huge potential to cock it up yet.
He will be on loan to Everton or another club until march 15, they say
Bedfordblueboy

December 17, 2009, 02:25:08 AM
Reply #6

Chris

Administrator
Was it the 15th. I thought they said 20 something.

December 17, 2009, 02:26:57 AM
Reply #7

Sharky

when you say cock it up. do you mean by Everton?

as i just had a look round the la galaxy's website and they say any loan deal with any club will have to be in the correct terms to avoid a similar beckham fiasco like last year.

In simple if the player goes on loan they dont want to sell him.

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

December 17, 2009, 02:33:16 AM
Reply #8

iykyh1878

Says - if a 'bigger team' came in - it would not necessarily be a slam-dunk - he will go where he feels he will fit in - hinting perhaps the door is open for a bigger name than us. He descibes a loan with us as a 'very fun' oportunity. Arena says it is pretty much down now to Everton though and it should go through. So - we will see where the media circus takes this.

December 17, 2009, 02:38:11 AM
Reply #9

iykyh1878

What is clear though is that his future is with LA - and he is 100% going to stay with them. So, for us it is a matter of filling in a hole for a few months and generating some good PR in the US. With Ossie coming back I cannot see Donovan starting much anyway - so will just be a novelty signing.

December 17, 2009, 02:56:55 AM
Reply #10

Mahoney

What are all your thoughts on having a player for only 10 weeks? I can see the need for reinforcements, but for only 10 weeks...I'm not so sure? Should we try for another player that can be loaned for the rest of the season?
It's getting pretty serious.

December 17, 2009, 03:26:32 AM
Reply #11

Flusky

What are all your thoughts on having a player for only 10 weeks? I can see the need for reinforcements, but for only 10 weeks...I'm not so sure? Should we try for another player that can be loaned for the rest of the season?

Well, by the time Landy D departs for his homeland again, we will have a large bulk of our injured players back. I can't see him getting in over Arteta or Neville.

December 17, 2009, 03:38:42 AM
Reply #12

cantoffee

Apparently we've agreed a deal in principle, whatever the fuck that means.

December 17, 2009, 03:41:28 AM
Reply #13

Trowel

Everton officials are closing in on a deal to bring Landon Donovan to Merseyside in the January transfer window as the USA international declared he is looking forward to a Goodison Park switch.

The Blues declared their interest in the 27-year-old striker last week and have been in discussions with their counterparts at Major League Soccer and LA Galaxy.

Final discussions are expected in the next 48 hours after all parties agreed in principal for the two-and-half month deal to take place.

"A finalised deal is not too far away," said Everton Chief Executive Robert Elstone.

"Positive discussions have been ongoing and we expect to have Landon join the Club when the window opens on January 2."

Donovan and Galaxy general manager Bruce Arena have also confirmed that they expect a deal to be completed imminently.

Arena said: "A loan deal has not been finalised, we're hopeful it will and it will likely be with Everton.

"Everton is a club with a small roster and a congested schedule over the next few weeks and months. It's a great fit for Landon and the clubs have an understanding of the agreement. We are confident that is where he will end up."

Donovan added: "You want to go where you are wanted and Everton have been incredibly professional and expressed their interest and I feel that is a place where I would feel very comfortable.

"There's already a lot of Americans that play there (English Premier League) and it would be interesting. But we will cross that bridge when we come to it."

Arena and Donovan were speaking as the Galaxy announced a contract extension for the United States international despite the former Bayern Munich and Bayern Leverkusen forward being poised for a brief sojourn in the Premier League.

At the media briefing in Los Angeles' ESPN Zone on Wednesday it was announced by Arena that Donovan would be remaining with the Galaxy for an additional four years after impressive performances in the last MLS campaign.

Donovan scored 23 goals in 25 appearances helping his side to the MLS Cup final only to narrowly miss out to Real Salt Lake.

He said: "This is a very exciting day for me, this has been a very interesting decision for me. It has been difficult at times but after a lot of soul searching, this is where I want to be."
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

December 17, 2009, 05:40:50 AM
Reply #14

huck

I dunno about this. It could potentially harm Everton in America. I doubt he'd get that much game time and the understanding over there of football is such that they'd blame Everton. I spend more than half of each of my years living there so I have a good idea of what most football fans there would think.
Le Berry