November 19, 2017, 01:38:09 AM

Author Topic: Pienaar aims to set personal best  (Read 1887 times)

February 02, 2010, 11:04:11 PM
Read 1887 times

.Rimbo.

Steven Pienaar is eyeing a personal scoring record.

The midfielder is just two goals short of his personal best after a superb run over Christmas and new year.

The five-goal South African is close to beating the seven goals he plundered for Ajax as he broke through in the 2002/03 season.

His tally at Everton this term is even more impressive considering he missed a sizeable chunk of the opening part of the season with a knee injury.

"If I get two or three more this season, it'll be my best return of goals ever," Pienaar said.

"Now my attitude is to shoot and if I miss, I miss."

With the World Cup taking place in his homeland this summer, 2010 is a big year for Pienaar. But he's refusing to look too far ahead and remains focussed on Everton.

"If I can play well right up until the World Cup with just a week or ten days off to recharge my batteries, then I'll be at my best," the 27-year-old said.

"It's all about hard work! You can't just take your skill into a game."

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/pienaar-s-aims-for-goal.html

deCoubertin

February 02, 2010, 11:10:11 PM
Reply #1

bigl1cks

anything but long ball!

February 02, 2010, 11:20:32 PM
Reply #2

gemine69

My hero.  Get him signed on a longer deal before the World Cup.
Don't think, feel.  It is like a finger pointing away to the moon.  Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all the Heavenly Glory - Bruce Lee

February 02, 2010, 11:56:33 PM
Reply #3

bloody scally

My hero.  Get him signed on a longer deal before the World Cup.

If we don't i'm afraid he's gone

February 03, 2010, 02:47:40 AM
Reply #4

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He won't sign one before then even if he wants to stay.

You'd have to be mad to turn down that bargaining power.

I still think for a lot of the top clubs, he misses quite a lot of his final balls etc. but that's generally because he tries the hard pass more often than not, but still.

Hopefully he'll recognise that he's developed really well here and that it's the best place for him. Although we could do with being able to offer him a comensurate wage.

February 03, 2010, 03:26:14 AM
Reply #5

Dr. Sponge

It is what it is.

February 03, 2010, 06:01:40 AM
Reply #6

Weasel

He'll do it, easily.

February 03, 2010, 12:23:35 PM
Reply #7

.Rimbo.

He won't sign one before then even if he wants to stay.

You'd have to be mad to turn down that bargaining power.

I still think for a lot of the top clubs, he misses quite a lot of his final balls etc. but that's generally because he tries the hard pass more often than not, but still.

Hopefully he'll recognise that he's developed really well here and that it's the best place for him. Although we could do with being able to offer him a comensurate wage.

Agreed. Hopefully when selling Neill Moyes had Pienaar's and Saha's contracts at the back of his mind.

February 03, 2010, 03:19:19 PM
Reply #8

fast lane

Two more goals, that he should be able to achieve.

We can only hope he wants to stay, but things might look very differently after the World Cup.
Most of us realise he's going to do well, just like in the Confederations Cup.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

February 03, 2010, 04:45:44 PM
Reply #9

123_efc

What a player, what a man! We need to keep him so much it's untrue! I just can't wait to see the combo of Arteta, Pienaar and Fellaini working together at full flow in midfield!
I miss Denis Stracqualursi