October 15, 2019, 05:35:49 AM

Author Topic: if moyes fucked off.............................  (Read 7913 times)

January 07, 2012, 05:39:05 AM
Read 7913 times

D_murph

Cos let's face it, kenwright would never get rid, would we really be any worse off? I was talking to a couple of blues the other night about this, and we all thought he'd done the hard work at everton (turning the club from relegation candidates to mid-table/euro possibles). Now, he's got together a half decent squad, but he has'nt got a clue how to use half of them. he's getting nothing out of rodwell, fellaini, bilyaletdinov, saha, cahill and heitinga. Got nothing out of arteta for the last 12-18 months of his everton career, and generally is a miserable bastard in EVERYinterview he does these days. I think if the likes of paul lambert had this squad, he'd show a lot more bollocks in his formations and team selection (especially at home) and as a result, I'M ALL FOR IT!!! nod
"One for lineker to chase, and just look at his pace"!!!!

January 07, 2012, 05:54:32 AM
Reply #1

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
What manager in their right mind is going to come in and take over with no money to spend on improving the squad? and I'm talking about managers who could make a difference over a long period of time? Things might improve in the short term with a new manager but the same long term
problems would be there
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 07, 2012, 06:00:39 AM
Reply #2

D_murph

I've just told you who. Lambert has managed at wycombe and norwich, and despite him having a good thing going at norwich, he'd defo jump at the challenge to manage a 'big' club. You might think differently, but i'm sick of the negative shit being served up by moyes (on and off the field) for the past year and a half. we defo need new owners, but we also need new ideas on the field, big time.

January 07, 2012, 06:03:07 AM
Reply #3

C_M2011

January 07, 2012, 06:04:22 AM
Reply #4

American Evertonian

What manager in their right mind is going to come in and take over with no money to spend on improving the squad? and I'm talking about managers who could make a difference over a long period of time? Things might improve in the short term with a new manager but the same long term
problems would be there

A young manager who was hungry to show that when given a chance he can improve a squad. We need new tactics and a fresh face to inspire and rally the troops. It is hard to inspire the boys when they have been around you for so long.

We can keep saying that we could not get better than Moyes, but do we actually know that? We might not get a big name but who is to say that we won't find a better replacement? Look how big names have done for Chelsea. Granted they have funds and Roman is a impossible to satisfy, but it goes to show the hottest name in coaching is not always a success.
Are we there yet?

January 07, 2012, 06:05:51 AM
Reply #5

josh_evertonian4ever

my mate text me before sayin moyes looked fed up in his interview today and i text back saying he obviously hasnt seen a moyes interview for a while because he's been like that for ages!
@JoshShaw_EFC

January 07, 2012, 06:07:50 AM
Reply #6

D_murph

nice reply dick face. you we're probably the clown at the head of the kenwright protest.

January 07, 2012, 06:10:57 AM
Reply #7

D_murph

It wo'nt happen cos bill and moyes are too close.

January 07, 2012, 06:12:13 AM
Reply #8

123_efc

Moyes is the reason we're not going to be in the championship next year
I miss Denis Stracqualursi

January 07, 2012, 06:15:13 AM
Reply #9

American Evertonian

Moyes is the reason we're not going to be in the championship next year

We don't know that yet....I think the reason we won't be in the championship is because we all love each other and we are all winners!  :batty:
Are we there yet?

January 07, 2012, 06:18:51 AM
Reply #10

Geordie Blue

Answer: we'd end up like Charlton after they got rid of Alan Curbishley because he'd taken them as far as he could and they needed to freshen things up.
"I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the kop. They never liked me doing that." Dixie Dean

January 07, 2012, 06:52:53 AM
Reply #11

Jamokachi

A new manager would have to work with the same squad, sell his better players and not be able to reinvest. I have no confidence in anyone being able to do that.

January 07, 2012, 07:07:11 AM
Reply #12

Blue Phoenix

If we're aiming for mid-table managers of smaller clubs that play good football, why stop at Lambert?

There's Brendan Rodgers too.

I remember how Mike Walker was flavour of the month once. He managed Norwich, made them attractive, they beat us 5-1 at Goodison. I mean, he did something the other two have no chance of doing - finishing 3rd in the Premiership, then beating Bayern Munich away in the UEFA Cup.

And then he came to Everton. And he very nearly took us down TWICE. His first 5 months saw us needing the Wimbledon win to stay up. Then, after actually spending money on players, oversaw our worst start to a season in decades.

Moyes makes baffling decisions that we all disagree with, but ultimately it all boils down to having funds to sign players. No 1st team signings for nearly 3 years for a fee. That's why we have 2 defenders in midfield. That's why Arteta was sold. That's why we have no decent strikers.

Please don't turn on Moyes and let Kenwright off the hook. The first person to go should be Kenwright, no matter how bad it gets.

January 07, 2012, 07:17:11 AM
Reply #13

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Of course bill should be first to go, but I would ultimately like to see both go.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

January 07, 2012, 07:30:38 AM
Reply #14

Murder