October 17, 2019, 04:35:55 AM

Author Topic: if moyes fucked off.............................  (Read 7915 times)

January 07, 2012, 07:49:53 AM
Reply #15

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
We'd be worse off purely on the basis that Kenwright would probably make some obscure horrendous appointment from the lower leagues on the off chance he accidently unearths another gem.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 07, 2012, 07:54:18 AM
Reply #16

Dayne88

If moyes left, we would end up with a 'gary megson' so stop talkin bollocks

January 07, 2012, 08:00:41 AM
Reply #17

American Evertonian

I'm amazed how people view Moyes as supreme. We don't know if someone would do worse or not. We have had Moyes for so long we just view him as being the best b/c he has been around for ages.

Will a new guy take us to the CL or relegation? No way to know. I for one am amazed so many people would settle with Moyes and accept the current mediocrity than be willing to take a chance on a different manager.
Are we there yet?

January 07, 2012, 08:02:14 AM
Reply #18

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Will a new guy take us to the CL or relegation? No way to know. I for one am amazed so many people would settle with Moyes and accept the current mediocrity than be willing to take a chance on a different manager.

Moyes is far from perfect and I've been a pretty big critic of his over the years but please name a manager who would come to this club who wouldn't be a massive gamble.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 07, 2012, 08:19:00 AM
Reply #19

billbones80

January 07, 2012, 09:17:58 AM
Reply #20

American Evertonian

Moyes is far from perfect and I've been a pretty big critic of his over the years but please name a manager who would come to this club who wouldn't be a massive gamble.

I guess part of my  point was lost. I agree anyone we bring in would be a gamble. I just can't understand Moyes supporters point. Why they will take this current mess because the old statement of "Well we can't get anyone better." My personal opinion is why let this dire situation get worse. We can all see that things are going to go downhill the next few years. If this is the case why hit rock bottom before making a change? Why not do it now and try to alter what our future currently holds.

I don't want us to sign a big name coach (partly b/c I know it is unrealistic). I just know that our team needs to start fresh and receive the spark that has been missing. A new coach would restore competition for places and bring new tactics which we may very well need. We need to remember that manager greats like SAF, Wenger, Moyes, Mourinho, etc. all started with nothing on their resumes. Odds are we won't get "the next one" of that breed, but I can guarantee we won't if we don't give someone a chance.

"If you love him, let him go"
Are we there yet?

January 07, 2012, 09:22:01 AM
Reply #21

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Wasn't Moyes a massive gamble in the first place? He hadn't achieved that much before he came to us.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

January 07, 2012, 10:13:49 AM
Reply #22

nomorechang

RIP
Over the years , every flavour of the month manager who's strung a run of 3 or 4 games together has been mentioned as potential Moyes replacements .... every one of them have fallen by the wayside ... No , there is no one better than Moyes in our current position . The wanabee managers on here and other forums haven't got a clue as to what the matchday options are open to Moyes .

As tothe" we miht get the next wenger SAF , Mourinho .... bullshit .. we also might get the next Gary Megson , Ian Dowie Paul Ince , John Barnes ..in fact we're more likely to do so .

Anyway , you'll all find out for yourselves next season how good his replacement will do
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

January 07, 2012, 11:18:09 AM
Reply #23

cantoffee

I'm amazed how people view Moyes as supreme. We don't know if someone would do worse or not. We have had Moyes for so long we just view him as being the best b/c he has been around for ages.

No manager in the world could take us to the CL with this squad and this budget.

January 07, 2012, 11:26:55 AM
Reply #24

Optimistic Blue

The risks far outweigh the benefits on this one

With Moyes we know were stable, and when we get taken over and have spent a considerable amount of money that should be top 4 standards, then we can look elsewhere

as things stand we could either get in some miracle worker, which is just so unlikely it hurts, or get in someone utter shit like the aforementioned gary megson, paul ince, kenny dalglesh who are utter wank get us relegated, of which we would have to find yet ANOTHER manager (Howard Kendall round 4 anyone) and then get in a very dangerous position like Leeds, Forest, Leicester are in at the mo, stagnating in the championship as the premier league gap widens

IF Moyes was to leave on the other hand, then Bernd Schuster for me, but for now were good with Moyes, were doing ok x
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

January 07, 2012, 01:41:12 PM
Reply #25

e.f.c

What, realistically, do we think everton should be achieving at the moment? We were the only club in the league not to spend any money in the summer. Stoke have spent a fortune, as have spurs, city, liverpool, sunderland and qpr. I was seriously pissed off leaving the ground on wednesday, but that is what makes football great, it is unpredictable. I don't see man utd fans running round sayingSAF shouldnbe sacked because they lost 2 on the bounce. Moyes has given us more stability than anyone else since the glory days of the 80s. For most of the 90s we battled relegation- moyes has changed all of that. Paul lambert is working under no pressure at norwich at a fairly small club, as is brendan rogers at swansea. Just because someone has a good 6 months in the Pl doesn't make them a new Ferguson. Phil Brown anyone?

January 07, 2012, 02:22:26 PM
Reply #26

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Moyes is not perfect - far from it. He is not above criticism but considering the constraints he has worked under he has done a remarkable job. Now take off your blue tinted glasses a minute and think logically. Any manager who comes to a new club wants to put his mark on it will not do so with the current crop of players - they like to bring in their own people. So Miyes and his backroom
staff go (big compo payout) a new guy comes in. "Right Bill" he says "I want to bring in some new players, freshen the squad up. Sell the dead wood". So he does sell a few players, Bily and Heitinga, maybe Osman and Cahill raising 20m. Where does that money go? Because sure as hell the manager won't see any of it. Then we have to sell a Barkly or Felli for big money to buy two or three players. But we are six players down. It's not as simple as saying a newanager will get rid of all this negativity

someone mention Gus Poyet as a potential replacment. He is at an ambitious club that has outspent Everton and could be in the PL sooner rather than later.

It pains me to say this but we are not a big club in today's money driven professional
game. Yes we have a fantastic history that other clubs would kill for but we have a future that not even a madman would want. But I look forward to the Megsan era because we will not get  a quality manager to replace Moyes
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 07, 2012, 02:44:05 PM
Reply #27

nomorechang

RIP
Moyes is not perfect - far from it. He is not above criticism but considering the constraints he has worked under he has done a remarkable job. Now take off your blue tinted glasses a minute and think logically. Any manager who comes to a new club wants to put his mark on it will not do so with the current crop of players - they like to bring in their own people. So Miyes and his backroom
staff go (big compo payout) a new guy comes in. "Right Bill" he says "I want to bring in some new players, freshen the squad up. Sell the dead wood". So he does sell a few players, Bily and Heitinga, maybe Osman and Cahill raising 20m. Where does that money go? Because sure as hell the manager won't see any of it. Then we have to sell a Barkly or Felli for big money to buy two or three players. But we are six players down. It's not as simple as saying a newanager will get rid of all this negativity

someone mention Gus Poyet as a potential replacment. He is at an ambitious club that has outspent Everton and could be in the PL sooner rather than later.

It pains me to say this but we are not a big club in today's money driven professional
game. Yes we have a fantastic history that other clubs would kill for but we have a future that not even a madman would want. But I look forward to the Megsan era because we will not get  a quality manager to replace Moyes

Couldn't have put it better myself  :thumbsup:
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

January 07, 2012, 04:02:28 PM
Reply #28

Derek

I reckon in the situation we are now, we need Moyes, because no matter how shit we are, I can't see us ever getting relegated. Getting someone new in would be such a massive gamble, and I would be unwilling to take it, personally.

I also think Moyes is the man to take us forward, but he needs money.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

January 07, 2012, 04:05:35 PM
Reply #29

123_efc

We'd be worse off purely on the basis that Kenwright would probably make some obscure horrendous appointment from the lower leagues on the off chance he accidently unearths another gem.

What he said.
I miss Denis Stracqualursi