December 05, 2019, 08:34:55 PM

Author Topic: if moyes fucked off.............................  (Read 8005 times)

January 07, 2012, 10:13:49 AM
Read 8005 times

nomorechang

RIP
Over the years , every flavour of the month manager who's strung a run of 3 or 4 games together has been mentioned as potential Moyes replacements .... every one of them have fallen by the wayside ... No , there is no one better than Moyes in our current position . The wanabee managers on here and other forums haven't got a clue as to what the matchday options are open to Moyes .

As tothe" we miht get the next wenger SAF , Mourinho .... bullshit .. we also might get the next Gary Megson , Ian Dowie Paul Ince , John Barnes ..in fact we're more likely to do so .

Anyway , you'll all find out for yourselves next season how good his replacement will do
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

January 07, 2012, 02:44:05 PM
Reply #1

nomorechang

RIP
Moyes is not perfect - far from it. He is not above criticism but considering the constraints he has worked under he has done a remarkable job. Now take off your blue tinted glasses a minute and think logically. Any manager who comes to a new club wants to put his mark on it will not do so with the current crop of players - they like to bring in their own people. So Miyes and his backroom
staff go (big compo payout) a new guy comes in. "Right Bill" he says "I want to bring in some new players, freshen the squad up. Sell the dead wood". So he does sell a few players, Bily and Heitinga, maybe Osman and Cahill raising 20m. Where does that money go? Because sure as hell the manager won't see any of it. Then we have to sell a Barkly or Felli for big money to buy two or three players. But we are six players down. It's not as simple as saying a newanager will get rid of all this negativity

someone mention Gus Poyet as a potential replacment. He is at an ambitious club that has outspent Everton and could be in the PL sooner rather than later.

It pains me to say this but we are not a big club in today's money driven professional
game. Yes we have a fantastic history that other clubs would kill for but we have a future that not even a madman would want. But I look forward to the Megsan era because we will not get  a quality manager to replace Moyes

Couldn't have put it better myself  :thumbsup:
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

January 10, 2012, 03:10:39 AM
Reply #2

nomorechang

RIP
Just get what is already a great squad to play to their potential.

at the same time as instructing the players not to get injured or not to get sold even though the chairman says they have to
Alan Ball