September 19, 2019, 02:39:13 AM

Author Topic: if moyes fucked off.............................  (Read 7860 times)

January 07, 2012, 07:49:53 AM
Read 7860 times

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
We'd be worse off purely on the basis that Kenwright would probably make some obscure horrendous appointment from the lower leagues on the off chance he accidently unearths another gem.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 07, 2012, 08:02:14 AM
Reply #1

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Will a new guy take us to the CL or relegation? No way to know. I for one am amazed so many people would settle with Moyes and accept the current mediocrity than be willing to take a chance on a different manager.

Moyes is far from perfect and I've been a pretty big critic of his over the years but please name a manager who would come to this club who wouldn't be a massive gamble.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 10, 2012, 02:49:04 AM
Reply #2

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Silas, no need to cloud or sugar coat my facts.

Did he or did he not sell the club record for a mill?
Answer: yes he did.
Proof: See Blackburn

Club record transfer is Marouane Fellaini who cost £15m

January 10, 2012, 02:57:03 AM
Reply #3

Verm

NSNO Subscriber

If only he was given a chance to spend some money...

Point is the answer to your question was no, he did not.

January 10, 2012, 03:06:39 AM
Reply #4

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
In the past FIVE seasons apart from United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool we have finished above EVERY other club EVERY year except for SPURS (three times), City (twice) and Villa (once). What would a new manager coming in have to do in the next five years to better that record?

Just get what is already a great squad to play to their potential.

January 10, 2012, 03:14:38 AM
Reply #5

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
OK - so where would you say the current squad should be capable of finishing this season? Top 4?

Should be at least 7th.

January 10, 2012, 03:15:16 AM
Reply #6

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
at the same time as instructing the players not to get injured or not to get sold even though the chairman says they have to

So there've been no matches in the last couple of years where you've had an issue with Moyes' team selections?

January 10, 2012, 03:28:35 AM
Reply #7

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
The fact that we've been shocking and yet are onyl a little off the top half shows just how lucky we've been.