November 20, 2017, 11:34:48 PM

Author Topic: Tottenham Hotspur vs Everton fc  (Read 43955 times)

January 12, 2012, 04:38:08 AM
Reply #450

Goughie

Coleman is injured, Barkley is injured. Drenthe was injured then sick. Vellios was injured and then was off the pace. What do you want Moyes to do. Play the reserve team. We 11th with a terrible squad. he is not doing too badly.

They may e injured now, but Moyes still plays them and leaves others on the bench. His reluctance to play Rodwell has severly hampered his development. Moyes was even reluctant to play Rooney on a regular basis, but SAF played him almost every match.

Rodwell and Barkley should be playing if they are fit, and rested when tired or during fixture pile ups!
Im not the best, but im in the top 1!

January 12, 2012, 04:45:22 AM
Reply #451

Stumpy

Aree that Rhys's post is one of the best ever.To me there is only one man to blame,and thats fucking Kenwright.Yes moyes has his faults,he does my head in playing Neville and Heitinger together in midfield,and his refusal to start Drenthe when at the moment he's the only one remotely looks like doing anything is almost as bad,but ffs he's had no help off this pathetic excuse for a board.Watching us now reminds me of the middle of Leeds decline.I remember after beating them easily at goodison going to the local where 3 or 4 of the boys who are Leeds fans were sat there,one of them said come on then give us the stick,get it over with,and i just said what's the point?it's like kicking a cripple,Leeds offered nothing that day just like we didn't tonight.Two of my best mates are big Spurs fans,but other than a decent text of one of them saying that we should have had a pen for Kabouls foul,i've heared nothing,in the not to distant past i would have had to turn my phone off to avoid a bucket load of grief.Now i guess they feel just like i did after we beat Leeds that day,ffs you can't even have a good bit of banter with them anymore because you know what's coming.After 30 odd years i've seen a few worse Everton sides than this,but i don't think i've ever been this downcast about the state of the club and the playing staff.I am scared stiff what happened to Leeds could happen to us,we will not go down this year,i'm confident of that,however without serious investment or being sold,i feel this ageing squad,with the probability of one or more of the better players also being sold will surely take us down.The worst part of all of this is as Rhys said,less than 3 years ago we were a couple of players away from being a top 4 chalenging club.Shame on you Kenwright.

January 12, 2012, 04:47:21 AM
Reply #452

charlatan

Aree that Rhys's post is one of the best ever.To me there is only one man to blame,and thats fucking Kenwright.Yes moyes has his faults,he does my head in playing Neville and Heitinger together in midfield,and his refusal to start Drenthe when at the moment he's the only one remotely looks like doing anything is almost as bad,but ffs he's had no help off this pathetic excuse for a board.Watching us now reminds me of the middle of Leeds decline.I remember after beating them easily at goodison going to the local where 3 or 4 of the boys who are Leeds fans were sat there,one of them said come on then give us the stick,get it over with,and i just said what's the point?it's like kicking a cripple,Leeds offered nothing that day just like we didn't tonight.Two of my best mates are big Spurs fans,but other than a decent text of one of them saying that we should have had a pen for Kabouls foul,i've heared nothing,in the not to distant past i would have had to turn my phone off to avoid a bucket load of grief.Now i guess they feel just like i did after we beat Leeds that day,ffs you can't even have a good bit of banter with them anymore because you know what's coming.After 30 odd years i've seen a few worse Everton sides than this,but i don't think i've ever been this downcast about the state of the club and the playing staff.I am scared stiff what happened to Leeds could happen to us,we will not go down this year,i'm confident of that,however without serious investment or being sold,i feel this ageing squad,with the probability of one or more of the better players also being sold will surely take us down.The worst part of all of this is as Rhys said,less than 3 years ago we were a couple of players away from being a top 4 chalenging club.Shame on you Kenwright.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

January 12, 2012, 04:48:33 AM
Reply #453

steve81

sooner we get those 16 points the happier im going to be

January 12, 2012, 04:51:01 AM
Reply #454

dekko

sooner we get those 16 points the happier im going to be

This is all Im thinking about, 16 more points.

January 12, 2012, 05:27:23 AM
Reply #455

JoeHart

i and other keep saying it, but we are so predictable.

surely, moyes or round must have some creativity hidden away in their brains.

you cant keep playing the same old defensive system for over 9 years and expect to get away with it, the only evolution over the years has been to keep more possession, but its possession for the sake of it in areas where we cant hurt the opposition.

Everton forever

January 12, 2012, 05:33:46 AM
Reply #456

Always a Toffeeman

i would not be suprised to see barkley play for the under 18s tomorrow night, which in my eyes would mean no reason he couldnt have been on the bench tonight
 #formerly efc for life

January 12, 2012, 05:37:59 AM
Reply #457

Rhys

i would not be suprised to see barkley play for the under 18s tomorrow night, which in my eyes would mean no reason he couldnt have been on the bench tonight

He was injured and never going to make tonight. He might have had 1 training session so not fit enough for premier league but getting a game for the under 18s will be great for getting some game time and just as importantly getting him some confidence and belief back which he lacked after his first 2 games.

January 12, 2012, 05:55:43 AM
Reply #458

bryan

Horrible performances by Saha, Cahill and Baines. Our team is devoid of pace, skill and desire. They look like they are ready for summer holidays.

January 12, 2012, 06:24:38 AM
Reply #459

DrBungle

Just got back from the game. Started quite promisingly, but once we conceded the first goal the players heads went down, and we lost all composure and shape.  

Id like to know whats happened to our fighting spirit and our ability to play as a unit, its as if the players don't have the belief anymore.  Even though its Kenwright's job to bring in the funding, it's Moyes's job to keep the players motivated and give them that belief and desire. Its this apparent lack of belief thats worrying me more than anything at present.  I know a lot of people blame the sale and lack of replacement for Arteta  as a big problem (and it is), but we more than coped when he was injured for a percentage of last season.

On a positive note I think Duffy coped well with the pressure, talk about being thrown in at the deep end.

January 12, 2012, 06:29:02 AM
Reply #460

Always a Toffeeman

Just got back from the game. Started quite promisingly, but once we conceded the first goal the players heads went down, and we lost all composure and shape. 

Id like to know whats happened to our fighting spirit and our ability to play as a unit, its as if the players don't have the belief anymore.  Even though its Kenwright's job to bring in the funding, it's Moyes's job to keep the players motivated and give them that belief and desire. Its this apparent lack of belief thats worrying me more than anything at present.  I know a lot of people blame the sale and lack of replacement for Arteta  as a big problem (and it is), but we more than coped when he was injured for a percentage of last season.

On a positive note I think Duffy coped well with the pressure, talk about being thrown in at the deep end.

moyes motivated players time after time, its just got to the point where the players have been past motivation and obvious problems within EFC which means that the spirit is lost, a team can be a team on the pitch but no matter how much they try and avoid the background problems theyre constantly there, a few signings could brighten the team up, and not players like straq players who can make a difference
 #formerly efc for life

January 12, 2012, 09:21:03 AM
Reply #461

cantoffee

They may e injured now, but Moyes still plays them and leaves others on the bench. His reluctance to play Rodwell has severly hampered his development. Moyes was even reluctant to play Rooney on a regular basis, but SAF played him almost every match.

Rodwell and Barkley should be playing if they are fit, and rested when tired or during fixture pile ups!

Moyes reluctance to play Rodwell? What are you talking about?

January 12, 2012, 07:03:47 PM
Reply #462

fast lane

For once we looked like we wanted to play football.
And that with a team with Cahill, Neville and Saha in it, players who have been useless all season, and look more or less finished..
The first goal was Baines fault, and we never looked like coming back.

Their second goal was fortunate, the way it came off Cahill, but it was end of match then.

Despite losing, there are positives to be taken.
With Distin gone, and Duffy in his place, the defence still looked solid enough.
Bily has not played better all season, but still some needless loss of possession by some awful passing, and playing Victor gave us different options.
But we never looked like scoring, as our two best chances were wasted on Saha.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)