November 24, 2017, 10:59:52 PM

Author Topic: "I thought we played well tonight" moyes  (Read 4850 times)

January 12, 2012, 05:01:42 AM
Read 4850 times

steve81

Everton manager David Moyes felt his side were well in the game at White Hart Lane until Benoit Assou-Ekotto's killer second goal on the hour.

Goals in either half from Aaron Lennon and then Cameroonian defender Assou-Ekotto did the trick for the North London outfit at White Hart Lane.

Lennon's pace troubled the Everton defence before his low shot wrong footed Tim Howard. Assou-Ekotto's thunderbolt on the hour sealed the deal.

The Blues were competitive in the first half and Louis Saha twice went close to opening the scoring.

And Moyes said: "I thought we played well tonight. I thought if we had a little bit more, if we had somebody who could score a goal like Assou-Ekotto's then we'd have had a rousing finish here tonight.

"If it wasn't for that goal we were really in the game."

deCoubertin

January 12, 2012, 05:03:04 AM
Reply #1

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Think Sky Sports had something like 62% possesion on Spurs' favour...
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 12, 2012, 05:05:26 AM
Reply #2

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I don't disagree with him though. A little more quality in the final 3rd before Distin went off and we would be right in it.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 12, 2012, 05:06:14 AM
Reply #3

Shogun

Administrator
He says this after every game.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 12, 2012, 05:08:16 AM
Reply #4

steve81

"I thought we played well tonight. I thought if we had a little bit more, if we had somebody who could score a goal
like Assou-Ekotto's then we'd have had a rousing finish here tonight.

should read
"I thought we played well tonight. I thought if we had a little bit more, if we had somebody who could score a goal then we'd have had a rousing finish here tonight.

January 12, 2012, 05:11:42 AM
Reply #5

Murder

We didn't have a single shot on target and Spurs had 62% of the possession.

Don't fucking patronise me.

I really hope that he isn't telling the players they played well when they come off the pitch at full time.

January 12, 2012, 05:13:31 AM
Reply #6

dunkster

Should have said we cant shoot for shit.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

January 12, 2012, 05:15:30 AM
Reply #7

School of Science

I don't disagree with him though. A little more quality in the final 3rd before Distin went off and we would be right in it.

Mostly agree,ffs atm were decimated by injuries,and tonight we played a top 3 team bang in form,please Moyes start Drenthe
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 12, 2012, 05:17:33 AM
Reply #8

ally2

We didn't have a single shot on target and Spurs had 62% of the possession.
Seriously is that correct?  That is appaling.  Howard should have had a go just to remedy that stat if nothing else

January 12, 2012, 05:19:01 AM
Reply #9

American Evertonian

Should have said we cant shoot for shit.

Or just we can't shoot.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

January 12, 2012, 05:28:59 AM
Reply #10

JoeHart

so that expalins it.

if moyes thinks that is playing well, then thats why he thinks his brand of football is acceptable.

we where are usual negative selves and it was all thanks to the way he sets up.

Everton forever

January 12, 2012, 05:29:31 AM
Reply #11

Major Clanger

Seriously is that correct?  That is appaling.  Howard should have had a go just to remedy that stat if nothing else

Neither had Spurs, all four of them were deflected shots.

This shot on target obsession is a joke, it's a completely meaningless statistic.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

January 12, 2012, 05:31:40 AM
Reply #12

goodtouchforabigman

On the BBC website we both had 7 shots off target, they had 7 on target and we had 4 on target.

Lennon totally mis-kicked and sent Howard the wrong way, shit defending by Baines mind but I'm sure we can let him off with the odd mistake.

Ekkotto's shot took a wicked deflection of Cahill, pretty much all Cahill did actually.

I can se what Moyes is on about, we has some excellent chances, with a bit of luck we'd have scored 2 today quite easily.

For all their pretty passing I can only think of a couple of Howard saves.

As you can see my glass is half full. lets not get too hysterical about a unlucky(ish) 2-0 defeat away to a genuine title contender.

I also thought Neville had a great game. Fuck it I've said it. He did well again against Bale. Just please don't ever play him in midfield.

January 12, 2012, 05:33:26 AM
Reply #13

sharpattack

He says this after every game.
Didnt say it after the Bolton game
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

January 12, 2012, 05:34:55 AM
Reply #14

Murder

According to Sky Sports statistics and my own eyes, yes.

Neither had Spurs, all four of them were deflected shots.

This shot on target obsession is a joke, it's a completely meaningless statistic.

This is our third game this season in which we have not had a single shot on target.

It's not a meaningless statistic, it's a frighteningly worrying one.