November 19, 2017, 01:04:29 PM

Author Topic: "I thought we played well tonight" moyes  (Read 4829 times)

January 12, 2012, 05:53:33 AM
Reply #15

efctaxi

We had moments, but they weren't long lasting. We sat back for most of the game and let them gain confidence. It was only a matter of time before they scored. There is a good reason we don't score lots of goals David, and it isn't just because our strikers have 2 left feet. A very frustrating evening tonight.

deCoubertin

January 12, 2012, 05:55:16 AM
Reply #16

Major Clanger

According to Sky Sports statistics and my own eyes, yes.

This is our third game this season in which we have not had a single shot on target.

It's not a meaningless statistic, it's a frighteningly worrying one.

It is. What's the difference between a shot saved by the keeper and one saved by a defender? Fuck all. Yet the first one counts as a shot on target, the second one doesn't.

And of course with deflections it's up to the person recording them to decide.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

January 12, 2012, 06:04:22 AM
Reply #17

GhostOfDixie

Ok, so Moyes wants an Ekotto?  A player that has been universally criticised as being fairly ineffective for Spurs since he signed for them?  A player who is a defender.

He just loves defenders, like Harry loves midfielders, he loves defenders.

If we had somebody who could score a goal????  Err, Saha, Cahill, Donovan, or how about Vellios!  isn't he joint top scorer or something???

You see this is what I'm talking about with Moyes.  His general comments are just baffling.

January 12, 2012, 06:13:33 AM
Reply #18

EssexYid

Ok, so Moyes wants an Ekotto?  A player that has been universally criticised as being fairly ineffective for Spurs since he signed for them?  A player who is a defender.

If we had somebody who could score a goal????  Err, Saha, Cahill, Donovan, or how about Vellios!  isn't he joint top scorer or something???

You see this is what I'm talking about with Moyes.  His general comments are just baffling.

Sorry but you are talking  absolute crap mate, BAE is without doubt Tottenham's most improved player over the last 2/3 seasons,   he is a real fan favorite at WHL as well as being a very good player, he used to make mistakes but he has mostly eradicated those from his game.

See link below ......

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/723049-assou-ekotto-signs-new-spurs-deal
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 06:18:21 AM by EssexYid »

January 12, 2012, 06:13:48 AM
Reply #19

dunkster

Shame howard doesnt get forward a bit more often. would be nice to see him double saha's tally half way through the season.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

January 12, 2012, 06:16:04 AM
Reply #20

GhostOfDixie

Sorry but you are talking  absolute crap mate, BAE is without doubt Tottenham's most improved player over the last 2/3 seasons,   he is a real fan favorite at WHL as well as being a very good player he used to make mistakes but he has mostly eradicated those from his game.

Why the aggressive reply mate?  I am just going on what I have heard.  You are going on what you have heard.  Either way, Moyes saying we need an Ekotto to score goals is just laughable.

January 12, 2012, 06:21:23 AM
Reply #21

Major Clanger

Why the aggressive reply mate?  I am just going on what I have heard.  You are going on what you have heard.  Either way, Moyes saying we need an Ekotto to score goals is just laughable.

He's going on what he had seen, big difference.

Either way, he didn't say we need a BAE to score goals, only someone with very rudimentary reading skills or a great deal of malice would think that. He said that we'd need someone who can score from the distance, as that can make up for when your strikers play shit, as Spurs's strikeforce did tonight.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 06:25:39 AM by Major Clanger »
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

January 12, 2012, 06:22:40 AM
Reply #22

EssexYid

Why the aggressive reply mate?  I am just going on what I have heard.  You are going on what you have heard.  Either way, Moyes saying we need an Ekotto to score goals is just laughable.

I wasn't being aggressive mate, I was  just stating my opinion,  and I am not going by "what I have heard",  I am going by what I see week in week out, as a season ticket holder at WHL.  

January 12, 2012, 06:23:27 AM
Reply #23

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Ok, so Moyes wants an Ekotto?  A player that has been universally criticised as being fairly ineffective for Spurs since he signed for them?  A player who is a defender.

If we had somebody who could score a goal????  Err, Saha, Cahill, Donovan, or how about Vellios!  isn't he joint top scorer or something???

You see this is what I'm talking about with Moyes.  His general comments are just baffling.

don't be a tit, he is saying he needs a player with a little bit of magic who could do the spectacular.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 12, 2012, 06:25:02 AM
Reply #24

Always a Toffeeman

moyes didnt say we need an ekotto to score goals pointed out we need a shot from distance or luck or somethin to hit the net, far from saying he wanted akotto.
 #formerly efc for life

January 12, 2012, 06:28:27 AM
Reply #25

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
It is. What's the difference between a shot saved by the keeper and one saved by a defender? Fuck all. Yet the first one counts as a shot on target, the second one doesn't.

Still I'd feel happier if we at least made the keeper work, would you?
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 12, 2012, 06:32:35 AM
Reply #26

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

If the keeper has to make the save, it's generally because the chance was more clear cut. The more clear cut chances you have, the greater the chance of scoring. I rarely watch a game with us playing and think, Oooh that was close, or that was a great chance. It's either a goal (seldom), or it's just a speculative effort.

Creativity is our weakest link I think. And this so called future "dream" midfield pairing of Rodwell and Fellaini doesn't fill me with much anticipation of us creating much either.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

January 12, 2012, 06:33:43 AM
Reply #27

GhostOfDixie

Ok, my eyes failed to pick up the apostrophe s.  My mistake.

January 12, 2012, 06:44:02 AM
Reply #28

Murder

If a team was to have 15 shots and 15 of them were blocked by the defending team, you would say that it was a great defensive display.

If a team was to have 15 shots and the 15 of them were on target, you would say the defending team got battered.

It's a huge difference. Not only are you making the keeper work but shots on target usually reflect chances created.

And as for deflections, it's not just up to the person recording them. If a shot is deflected onto goal forcing the keeper to make a save, it's a shot on target. If the shot is deflected out of play, it is a shot off target.

I find it odd that you're dismissing such a vital and tale telling statistic as shots on target when it tremendously coincides with how we have played this season.

January 12, 2012, 07:18:58 AM
Reply #29

DannyR

How can we play well with no fucking attack about us.

They had all the possession, it was one sided, and we had our moments but with a shite attack nothing was made from them.
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.