November 24, 2017, 11:03:23 PM

Author Topic: "I thought we played well tonight" moyes  (Read 4851 times)

January 12, 2012, 10:09:04 AM
Reply #30

SKay3

I went, felt we were really in it 2nd half and they'd gone quiet. Then just as we started looking decent a goal out of nothing just took the stuffing out of us. They're a quality side though, so no complaints from me.

deCoubertin

January 12, 2012, 01:06:13 PM
Reply #31

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He also can't say that was rubbish after every game. Even if that were true, it'd lose its effect after a while.

We're not hitting the target very often as we're not creating loads of chances. That's down to a mixture of things including the pace of the side, the numbers we get in attack etc. but also our decision making when in attack.

All players are guilty of it so to me it seems like a confidence thing.

Added to that some of our finishing is woeful. People are snatching at chances which again is a confidence thing.

These are only likely to go when we start scoring and hopefully winning.

We weren't great last night, far from it. But we've got a much more winnable game on Saturday against Villa, given our fragile confidence now Moyes wouldn't want to send them into that having told them how rubbish they are again.

Afterall, he said that after both Bolton and Tamworth and according to many on here it clearly had no effect as we were "rubbish" again.

Somehow he has to get them believing that they can win.

January 12, 2012, 01:29:58 PM
Reply #32

the roy vernon plan

EFC were poor ;they seemed to be going through the motions without
believing they had a chance. The heads dropped after the first goal and
any convinction went out of the window after the second goal.

I certainly can't recall any EFC shots on target and Neville was poor at
full back. His distribution was crap.and allowed Bale to run where he liked.

Billy gave further evidence as to why he must be flogged at any price this winter.
Cahill was out of depth and seemed crooked in midfield.

Fellani, Baines, Heitenga, Distin, Drenthe were ok.

January 12, 2012, 01:41:39 PM
Reply #33

C_M2011

1 clear penalty decision thrown away and they scored from a deflective shot and a mistake. we played pretty well against a team which catches people on a counter. we have a strong back line, its just finishing which we lack

January 12, 2012, 02:30:29 PM
Reply #34

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
We played okay, not great but 1st half in particular, we were definitely in the game. 

January 12, 2012, 02:38:58 PM
Reply #35

Bluenose 91

EFC were poor ;they seemed to be going through the motions without
believing they had a chance. The heads dropped after the first goal and
any convinction went out of the window after the second goal.

I certainly can't recall any EFC shots on target and Neville was poor at
full back. His distribution was crap.and allowed Bale to run where he liked.

Billy gave further evidence as to why he must be flogged at any price this winter.
Cahill was out of depth and seemed crooked in midfield.

Fellani, Baines, Heitenga, Distin, Drenthe were ok.

Baines was the worst player on the pitch.

January 12, 2012, 02:50:14 PM
Reply #36

dekko

We really need to sign Drenthe. He's the type of player that can make a difference on the pitch; he's fast and not afraid of one on ones.
Would be also great if Landon moved perm.

January 12, 2012, 02:59:08 PM
Reply #37

nomorechang

RIP
We were the second best team but we certainly not outplayed, both of their goals had a strong element of luck about them and besides that both teams had chances, Saha missed 2 that a few months ago would have been buried , Drenthe was brought down twice in the penalty area and despite what some of you have said with a decent striker we'd have scored at the very least one goal. Not having an effective striker really puts the pressure on the rest of the team, players were reluctant to pass to Louis and tried to walk the ball into the net far too often when their defence was able to take over.
We played alright against a team that has a good chance of being in the mix for the top spot at the end of the season. Dont forget , we were the away team as well.
I thought our fans were a bit more noisy than they have been recently. Well done to them.
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

January 12, 2012, 03:12:55 PM
Reply #38

GhostOfDixie

We were the second best team but we certainly not outplayed, both of their goals had a strong element of luck about them and besides that both teams had chances, Saha missed 2 that a few months ago would have been buried , Drenthe was brought down twice in the penalty area and despite what some of you have said with a decent striker we'd have scored at the very least one goal. Not having an effective striker really puts the pressure on the rest of the team, players were reluctant to pass to Louis and tried to walk the ball into the net far too often when their defence was able to take over.
We played alright against a team that has a good chance of being in the mix for the top spot at the end of the season. Dont forget , we were the away team as well.
I thought our fans were a bit more noisy than they have been recently. Well done to them.

Still though the lack of shots on target is a worry.  I actually think we play better away from home, but am still concerned about this lack of shots on goal.

January 12, 2012, 03:14:21 PM
Reply #39

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Still though the lack of shots on target is a worry.  I actually think we play better away from home, but am still concerned about this lack of shots on goal.

The reason we have a lack of shots on target is obvious though.  Crap, out of form strikers.  The chances are there but they are blazing them, scuffing them or dribbling them.  Not something sadly that will likely be resolved anytime in the next millenia!

January 12, 2012, 03:22:25 PM
Reply #40

GhostOfDixie

The reason we have a lack of shots on target is obvious though.  Crap, out of form strikers.  The chances are there but they are blazing them, scuffing them or dribbling them.  Not something sadly that will likely be resolved anytime in the next millenia!

Well a striker we used to have is banging in the goals in a shite struggling side.

January 12, 2012, 03:24:10 PM
Reply #41

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Well a striker we used to have is banging in the goals in a shite struggling side.

And another is doing fuck all at Leicester after banging them in for us last season.  Strikers are nothing if not unpredictable.

January 12, 2012, 03:29:20 PM
Reply #42

GhostOfDixie

And another is doing fuck all at Leicester after banging them in for us last season.  Strikers are nothing if not unpredictable.

Well one was a world class finisher and the other was jammy as hell.

January 12, 2012, 03:35:59 PM
Reply #43

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Well one was a world class finisher and the other was jammy as hell.

Wouldn't argue otherwise but the fact he has signed for Blackburn and not say Man City says a lot about his injury record and inconsistency.  I would have kept him but I am not blind to the fact that he wasn't doing wonderfully for us.

January 12, 2012, 03:42:01 PM
Reply #44

GhostOfDixie

Wouldn't argue otherwise but the fact he has signed for Blackburn and not say Man City says a lot about his injury record and inconsistency.  I would have kept him but I am not blind to the fact that he wasn't doing wonderfully for us.

Well he came on and scored and looked like he was making a difference.  But if your not in the Moyes fan club, your not on the pitch.